B Browder Photo

Charleston, South Carolina, US

How did this slip by?

https://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii472/bernieBsc/814.jpg

May 31 09 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Leroy Dickson

Flint, Michigan, US

Here's another thing... if you are working on a file that long without saving, you are likely not doing your eyes any favors. Hit Ctrl-S and look away from your screen for a minute to give your eyes a break.

May 31 09 08:56 am Link

Retoucher

Glamour Retouch

Columbia, South Carolina, US

Leroy Dickson wrote:
Here's another thing... if you are working on a file that long without saving, you are likely not doing your eyes any favors. Hit Ctrl-S and look away from your screen for a minute to give your eyes a break.

I agree

May 31 09 08:57 am Link

Photographer

BYS

Paris, Île-de-France, France

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?=&p=4381
i use it regarding my last mistake cost me a screen lol
tb

May 31 09 08:59 am Link

Retoucher

Glamour Retouch

Columbia, South Carolina, US

Leroy Dickson wrote:
Computer 101 - Save, save, save.

Many times depending on the amount of time I have to spend on the image, I will save the file to different files names by just adding a number at the end of the file name. This way if something goes wrong I can go to an earlier saved file and want loose the entire work.

Example modelimage.jpeg or modelimage2.jpeg

May 31 09 09:04 am Link

Photographer

BRIGHTDAY UNDERWATER

Annandale, Virginia, US

* First Important Step when editing images in Photoshop:

Open the original image.  SAVE as a COPY.  Close the original.
Open the COPY image and make edit adjustments from the COPY.  Save any modifications or changes.  If for any reason you mess up or change your mind, etc. start over with the copy.  ALWAYS work from the copy and your original will remain intact.

May 31 09 09:12 am Link

Photographer

BD associates

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Oh everybody makes that mistake ONCE. Hope it was a small file. Not too sure about autosave, that feature is best used for crappy software that crashes regularly ie. Word, Quark, etc. Although, I admit the way In-Design does it works great. Photoshop uses so much cache, it probably would not work very well, just my guess.

Jun 01 09 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Swank Photography

Key West, Florida, US

KillerShotz Photography wrote:
I closed an image by mistake after I was done retouching it instead of hitting the minimize button I hit the close button and double clicked it by mistake and now is all gone. Photoshop should have an autosave feature for when you do something like that you can just undo. sad

That sucks don't it?! LOL! I did that last night by mistake..I ended up just going to bed and starting over today LOL!

Jun 01 09 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

I just hit ctrl-s randomly.

Jun 01 09 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Photographer Simon Mott

Kirkland, Washington, US

I always save as I go.

Simon

Jun 01 09 10:57 am Link