Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > My MM contact is gone. Now what do I do?...

Retoucher

dA-gA Photo Editing

Telford, Pennsylvania, US

I answered a recent casting call (while I could still see castings, can't now) of a photographer from Paris. They liked my portfolio and linked me to where I could download RAW files of the work. This was for TFP. I arranged with them to edit two of the 13 I dl'd. The agreement was he'd get those two but the others would be for hire should he wish to continue. I did the work and I love the pictures. I was going to send them but never got his email. So I got on his profile but now he's just gone! That message of either awaiting approval or has removed profile comes up.

All I have of this person is my contact here with them. They are now gone and I'd like to know why. People leave on their own or are made to leave. I looked in the RAW for any identification and there is none. I'm in a dilemma because I want to use the shots in my port, but they also deserve to have them, but I have no way to do that unless I'm contacted. I don't think I should put them up because the credit to the photographer would be a dead link. I like linking to actual MM people on my work.

A. I'd like to know why they are gone (Their choice or MM's choice).
B. I want to use the photos.
C. They should get their photos back.
D. There's nothing I can do about that since they left.
E. The link to the photos has no ID what so ever to return them to.

So, would it be decent of me to use them?

Jun 03 09 08:12 pm Link

Retoucher

Jessica Loewen Retouch

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

They're a scammer...they've created a number of ports in the past month and kicked off each

Jun 03 09 08:15 pm Link

Retoucher

dA-gA Photo Editing

JL Retouching wrote:
They're a scammer...they've created a number of ports in the past month and kicked off each

So what's the scam then? Free photoshop goes on constantly here.

Jun 03 09 08:18 pm Link

Retoucher

Jessica Loewen Retouch

I should add...he IS a legit photographer just not a nice person on MM.  So he DOES take the photos himself so you might want to be careful about using them.

edit: sorry didnt realize it was TF, I don't see any problem with it then.

Jun 03 09 08:23 pm Link

Retoucher

Jessica Loewen Retouch

dA-gA Photo Editing wrote:
So what's the scam then? Free photoshop goes on constantly here.

Because he outlines how much he'll pay for the photos but never coughs up the cash.  He sends the job to a few retouchers in hopes that one won't watermark the proofs

Sorry, didn't realize it was for TFP.  The reason he's gone is because he's scammed others and was just lucky you were doing it for TF

Jun 03 09 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

PatRat

Charleston, South Carolina, US

First thing I do is get an off-line email address.
That doesn't help after the fact but can help
in the future.

Jun 03 09 08:27 pm Link

Retoucher

dA-gA Photo Editing

Thanks for revealing the truth about this individual. I'm now quite turned off to posting the images. I want all my associations to be legitimate, professional connections, where all parties involved are proud of the work completed. Plus the guy might steal the edit right off of my page. It's a shame because I really made this one shot look great. Oh well, there will be other work.

Case closed.

Jun 03 09 09:33 pm Link

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

New York, New York, US

I think I know you who are referring to, and if it is the same profile that has been deleted recently. The above posts are true.

Jun 03 09 09:40 pm Link