Forums > MM Market > Wanted: Retro Costumes/wardrobe

Model

Kat Kartel

Northridge, California, US

Hello lovely people,
Im looking for retro clothing to use in my photo shoots. Dresses, skirt, shoes, ect. If anyone knows of where I can find some really nice stuff to use I would appreciate it, or know of anyone who might have a good e-bay store. Im runnin' out of options as far as online goes. I will also gladley accept any donation for anyone who may not have use for old pin-up/retro clothes I can pay for postage both ways if it will be easier to take off your hands that way.

Apr 19 05 07:44 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Hi, Kat!  I am about to list some eBay stuff, which includes retro-looking pumps, polka dotted haltertop dresses, and a ton more.  I'll post here when it's all ready to go. smile

Apr 20 05 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Interested in buying the outfit used on my portfolio under "SIRENA"?  I don't have the wig though.  Comes with top and bottoms.

Apr 20 05 06:13 pm Link

Model

Kat Kartel

Posted by Josie Nutter: 
Hi, Kat!  I am about to list some eBay stuff, which includes retro-looking pumps, polka dotted haltertop dresses, and a ton more.  I'll post here when it's all ready to go. smile

Please keep updated Josie, that would be awesome!

Kat
xoxo

Apr 21 05 09:47 am Link

Model

Victoria Lane

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

You just missed the best time to retro shop, right before VLV.  Other than that, I suggest Fredericks of all places, for lingerie type things. Go to the actual store on Hollywood Blvd. They always have at least two pairs of darling retro shoes in stock and the lingerie for the past year has been very retro inspired.  The shoes tend to be rather cheap (Around 20-30) and the lingerie is hit or miss. As for clothes, you just need to hunt around for the small indie designers who are pumping out unique items that every retro girl on earth doesn't already have.

Apr 21 05 09:53 am Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Kat,

Retro shopping is an adventure in itself, ebay is a great source of items, it`s best if you know the names of the best companies of the era, also the good ole Salvation Army has helped me for years, 10 years ago the 1940`s and 50`s stuff was still abundant, but now it`s a struggle to find 1960`s stuff.......it`s still good depending on your store etc.
I started collecting at a good time I guess?

Write me off the board and I`ll give you a crash course in retro shopping.........hell there`s only one kooler thing in the world and that`s car shows!

Tom

Apr 21 05 10:26 am Link

Model

Kat Kartel

I found victoria Sectrets hd some cute looking polka dot bras that I held off on purchasing and it was a smart move on my part, apparently every pin-up model around is using them in their shoots now! I found a couple stores in wittier that had good shoe selection and a few dresses but noone seems to carry small or xtra small anymore sad
Thanks for the help, I will definately keep searching in hollywood.

kat
xoxo

[quo

te]Posted by Victoria Lane: 
You just missed the best time to retro shop, right before VLV.  Other than that, I suggest Fredericks of all places, for lingerie type things. Go to the actual store on Hollywood Blvd. They always have at least two pairs of darling retro shoes in stock and the lingerie for the past year has been very retro inspired.  The shoes tend to be rather cheap (Around 20-30) and the lingerie is hit or miss. As for clothes, you just need to hunt around for the small indie designers who are pumping out unique items that every retro girl on earth doesn't already have.

Apr 21 05 10:59 am Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I buy and sell tons from ebay.  There are a thousand stores on ebay and on the internet in general.  Also tryout pinupgirlclothing.com for retro inspired shoes, dresses.  I agree with you on Victorias Secret and Fredericks for lingerie.  Both have alot of retro inspired goodies right now.  But ebay you can find better deals. 

Apr 21 05 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

Long Branch, New Jersey, US

Posted by KoolGirlieStuff: 
Kat,

Retro shopping is an adventure in itself, ebay is a great source of items, it`s best if you know the names of the best companies of the era, also the good ole Salvation Army has helped me for years, 10 years ago the 1940`s and 50`s stuff was still abundant, but now it`s a struggle to find 1960`s stuff.......it`s still good depending on your store etc.
I started collecting at a good time I guess?

Write me off the board and I`ll give you a crash course in retro shopping.........hell there`s only one kooler thing in the world and that`s car shows!

Tom

Move to NYC so I can have a partner in crime!

Apr 21 05 11:38 am Link

Model

Kat Kartel

Thanks Susi! You should e-mail me your e-bay link so I can check it out!

Kat

Posted by Susi: 
I buy and sell tons from ebay.  There are a thousand stores on ebay and on the internet in general.  Also tryout pinupgirlclothing.com for retro inspired shoes, dresses.  I agree with you on Victorias Secret and Fredericks for lingerie.  Both have alot of retro inspired goodies right now.  But ebay you can find better deals.   

Apr 21 05 12:24 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

For retro undies, bras, etc try...

http://www.secretsinlace.com/

This place even has a line from Dita herself

Apr 21 05 05:56 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Exotic Seamstress

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

If you need something you can't find anywhere else, contact me and I can make it for you.

http://custommadeexoticwear.com

[email protected]

Apr 21 05 06:06 pm Link

Model

Kat Kartel

Yes, I was reffered to them once a while ago by Kay O Harrah..I should go catch up!!!!

Posted by Lady Atropos: 
For retro undies, bras, etc try...

http://www.secretsinlace.com/

This place even has a line from Dita herself

Apr 21 05 07:25 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

May 09 05 10:43 am Link