Forums > Model Colloquy > Model Feedback Site

Photographer

BluePlanetPhoto

Richmond, California, US

Hi all,
There seems to be a huge problem that photogs don't really talk about until someone brings it up, and then it's vent city... The problem of models who blow off TFP shoots with little or no warning.

I know that there are girls and guys out there who are serious about being models and are professional and courteous, and this doesn't apply to them at all. My gripe is with the (mostly young girls) who tell you it's their dream to model but the have no money for a portfolio, so you book TFP/CD time with them and they blow you off. I thought it was just me that this happened to but I'm hearing from others that this is a BIG problem.

None of the big modeling sites have an eBay type feedback feature and for good reason, they're in business to make money and the way they do that is to have as many subscribers as possible. If a model gets a lot of negative feedback nobody will book her and she'll eventually drop off, they'll have lost a subscriber and they don't want that.

I'd like to create a site where photographers can leave feedback on a model from any of the websites so the rest of us can avoid the problem ones. The idea is that if a model knows she's being held accountable, and that if she just blows off a shoot everyone will know about it, they won't do it.

Below is a link to a sample form I've created that would go into a searchable database. Please take a look and give me any feedback on it or the idea I have for doing the site.

http://www.blueplanetps.com/herozero.htm

Jul 13 05 07:53 pm Link

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

We should have one for photographers as well. It's only fair if it works both ways. But good thing is, I haven't met any irresponsible photographers yet.

Jul 13 05 08:36 pm Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

They have a site like that, but, I don't know the name of it. Where you can leave comments about a model who didn't show for a photo shoot. I don't think they have one for photographers yet though.

Jul 13 05 10:44 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Black Book Project? Not sure if this is just in praise though.

Jul 13 05 11:37 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

I hate when models flake on paying jobs.  Fortunatly, I didn't turn down anything else paying today (when this most recent one occured) or else I'd be really pissed. 

Jul 14 05 03:27 am Link

Photographer

BluePlanetPhoto

Richmond, California, US

Lots of people have mentioned adding photographers to the list and i think that's totally fair and a great idea for a seperate site, but i want to keep this one focused. If photographers are added, then how about MUAs and then another heading for creepy photo assistants, the list would go on and on...

Models, are flakey photographers a real problem? I know some really crappy ones but i wasn't aware of any other issues...

Jul 14 05 07:32 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by BluePlanetPhoto: 
Models, are flakey photographers a real problem? I know some really crappy ones but i wasn't aware of any other issues...

Oh yes, they are. If every photographer who contacted me about work followed through, I could quit my day job.

Jul 14 05 09:48 am Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted by BluePlanetPhoto: 

Oh yes, they are. If every photographer who contacted me about work followed through, I could quit my day job.

Yes, flakey photographers are a real problem. From no shows to unprofessional on the shoot to TFP/CD no show images. And my day job is.

Jul 14 05 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

DarrelB

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Check out http://www.noshowmodels.com/  It is just getting started.

Darrel

Jul 17 05 06:34 am Link