Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Lens Flare correction...... How?

Model

Tyler Rush

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hey guys,

Im trying to figure out the best way to take the green spot off of my stomach in my avatar picture.  Its just a lens flare, but because I have dirt on my chest It makes editing really difficult.

How would you guys approach it?

and yes, I hold the copyright to this image from the photographer in writing.  So I can edit this particular one.  smile

Aug 23 09 02:13 pm Link

Retoucher

KKP Retouching

Anaheim, California, US

Just careful cloning.  No secret tricks... just good technique and patience.

Aug 23 09 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Tytaniafairy

Evansville, Indiana, US

Clone tool . Take it at a small degree over the darkened area below the green light and clone it , use a really soft brush .

Aug 23 09 02:16 pm Link

Model

Tyler Rush

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I tried that and I got a very "edited" look.  There wasnt really too much around the green spot to pull from. Even when its 1 pixel it gives that patterned look when its cloned multiple times

Aug 23 09 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Tytaniafairy

Evansville, Indiana, US

Try the clone tool , cloneit on a new layer then , go to ether liquify or smudge tool , smudge will make it more softer, whhich is probably a better idea , you do not want to make it look to sharp or it will not blend in  . Then stretch it to fit more into the dark line there . You can make it look like it fits if you really try .

Aug 23 09 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Philip of Dallas

Dallas, Texas, US

Try the patch tool.

Aug 23 09 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jon Tiffin

San Antonio, Texas, US

You might try a select by color range and play with the fuzzy to get just that spot, jump it to it's own layer and try a levels change per color not RGB.

Aug 23 09 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

Tytaniafairy

Evansville, Indiana, US

You get something like this ?

https://www.childoflightdesigns.net/wp-content/gallery/samples/4a91b0855e835.jpg

Aug 23 09 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

WMcK

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Healing brush, spot healing brush or patch tool.

Aug 23 09 02:31 pm Link

Model

Tyler Rush

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Tytaniafairy wrote:
You get something like this ?

https://www.childoflightdesigns.net/wp-content/gallery/samples/4a91b0855e835.jpg

Yeah, I got something similar to that I guess most people wont notice that its been edited.  Yours looks better than my attempt but it still looks edited and im sure that once its printed it will def look edited... what do you think?

Aug 23 09 02:36 pm Link

Model

Tyler Rush

Atlanta, Georgia, US

So I scraped mine and started working on yours and tried to make the shadow more linear.... it still has that green hue around that area, do you think that will print okay?

Also - do I have permission from you to use what you did and then do my own edits on top of that?

Aug 23 09 02:40 pm Link

Digital Artist

Eithne Ni Anluain

Dundalk, Louth, Ireland

Tyler Calkins wrote:
Yours looks better than my attempt but it still looks edited and im sure that once its printed it will def look edited... what do you think?

It looks edited to you as you've been looking at it with a green spot for how long?

I think Tytaniafairy did a great job (resists the urge to say "stop whingeing" OOPS"! lol )

Aug 23 09 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

glamour pics

Los Angeles, California, US

Tyler Calkins wrote:

Yeah, I got something similar to that I guess most people wont notice that its been edited.  Yours looks better than my attempt but it still looks edited and im sure that once its printed it will def look edited... what do you think?

The above looks good to me and I think no one but you will notice, know, or care that it's been PS'd. The whole image is heavily stylized, I do not think anyone will pull out the modern equivalent of a loupe and start trying to catch the cleanup.

Relax.

Aug 23 09 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Tytaniafairy

Evansville, Indiana, US

Tyler Calkins wrote:
So I scraped mine and started working on yours and tried to make the shadow more linear.... it still has that green hue around that area, do you think that will print okay?

Also - do I have permission from you to use what you did and then do my own edits on top of that?

I do not mind at all and I think it will look fine printed .

It was a minor correction so no worries .

My only concern is what print size you are printing it out to .

If it is this size it will not print well at 8 by ten or higher .

If you want you could send me the full res size . and I could do it then . You would not need to give me credit seeing as it is a minor thing .

but if you are only printing a smaller size it will not be a problem either .

It is just making sure the dpi is 300 as well .

Aug 23 09 03:01 pm Link

Model

Tyler Rush

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Tytaniafairy wrote:

I do not mind at all and I think it will look fine printed .

It was a minor correction so no worries .

My only concern is what print size you are printing it out to .

If it is this size it will not print well at 8 by ten or higher .

If you want you could send me the full res size . and I could do it then . You would not need to give me credit seeing as it is a minor thing .

but if you are only printing a smaller size it will not be a problem either .

It is just making sure the dpi is 300 as well .

Sweet.  Yall are right ive been looking at that spot way too long.  Anything other than the green spot will look edited to me. 

Ok im relaxing smile

Aug 23 09 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Tytaniafairy

Evansville, Indiana, US

Tyler Calkins wrote:
Sweet.  Yall are right ive been looking at that spot way too long.  Anything other than the green spot will look edited to me. 

Ok im relaxing smile

Good there is no need to sweat it . it is small stuff . I do not think it looks edited but that is because I have beem looking at it for a short time , but you have been looking at it for a longer period .
Take care .

Aug 23 09 03:07 pm Link

Retoucher

Peano

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

I feel like a total noob. I can't see the flare that you've been talking about. Just plain can't see it.

I even put Tytaniafairy's fix over the avatar and set the latter to Difference mode. The image is totally black, so that's a little consolation: Photoshop can't see the difference either.

Aug 23 09 05:21 pm Link