Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Wanted to share this with all the retouchers! :)

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am not sure if this has been posted in the forums but I couldn't let this slip by without sharing. The link below has some beautiful retouching done by Nienna on DeviantArt.com. She also provides pamphlet-like tutorials on D&B as well as cleaning up the skin.

She also has a video download that shows her entire process of retouching! I thought this was really great for myself as well as for those who are still in a learning process of retouching.

Enjoy!!

Images and Pamphlet-like tutorials
http://nienna1990.deviantart.com/gallery/

Link with videos:
http://nienna1990.deviantart.com/

http://nienna1990.deviantart.com/journal/

I'll post more things that I find as I go along. smile

Oct 14 09 05:35 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

You forgot her age smile

x

Oct 14 09 08:28 pm Link

Retoucher

Tarazz

Howell, New Jersey, US

thanks alot for the links, didn't check out the vids yet, but it looks like she is using D&B techniques and she is really good at it

Oct 14 09 09:21 pm Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Natalia_Taffarel wrote:
You forgot her age smile

x

I know, I put everything else about her...lol

Oct 15 09 03:23 pm Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Tarazz wrote:
thanks alot for the links, didn't check out the vids yet, but it looks like she is using D&B techniques and she is really good at it

Yeah I was watching a small bit of it last night and fell clear asleep..lol (not that it was boring, I was just extra tired...lol). But yeah she is and from what I have seen so it is a pretty good tutorial on D&B for those who do not favor it so much (like me, only because I am not an expert at it yet...lol).

Oct 15 09 03:24 pm Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I will say this thought...D&B is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG process and I think that alot of retouchers may re-think their prices once they learn it....lol...I know I am thinking about it...lol

Oct 15 09 03:39 pm Link

Model

Kent Tachibana

Los Angeles, California, US

A Creative Niche  wrote:
I am not sure if this has been posted in the forums but I couldn't let this slip by without sharing. The link below has some beautiful retouching done by Nienna on DeviantArt.com. She also provides pamphlet-like tutorials on D&B as well as cleaning up the skin.

She also has a video download that shows her entire process of retouching! I thought this was really great for myself as well as for those who are still in a learning process of retouching.

Enjoy!!

Images and Pamphlet-like tutorials
http://nienna1990.deviantart.com/gallery/

Link with videos:
http://nienna1990.deviantart.com/

http://nienna1990.deviantart.com/journal/

I'll post more things that I find as I go along. smile

This retoucher isn't that strong.  You should check out the retouching that Fadil Berisha's team does.

Oct 15 09 03:46 pm Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

That retoucher's work is very, very good! Unfortunately there is no tutorial on what they do to help the rest of us learn some better techniques, of which I could post on MM. smile I think that Nienna tutorials would be a good start for some people and they could use the techniques to develop their own way of retouching. smile

Oct 15 09 04:12 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

A Creative Niche  wrote:

I know, I put everything else about her...lol

I meant she is really young and already on a very very good track.

x

Oct 15 09 05:17 pm Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I SEE...I had no idea what her age was...never really looked at that, But yeah she is definitely on the right track with her work. smile

Oct 15 09 06:23 pm Link

Retoucher

Dreamscape Retouching

Charleston, South Carolina, US

I know she has an account here on MM.  Don't remember what it is, but if you're going to be talking about her work, it might be worth mentioning to her.

Oct 15 09 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Tachibana Kent wrote:

This retoucher isn't that strong.  You should check out the retouching that Fadil Berisha's team does.

Would you care to fill us all in on what qualifies you to make such a statement?

Oct 15 09 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan Hall

San Francisco, California, US

Tachibana Kent wrote:

Maybe it's my screen, but I spotted a lot of imperfections in the Berisha stuff. The work didn't seem nearly competitive with the top retouchers on this site.

That girl is pretty impressive.

Oct 15 09 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

N L P

Thanks for posting this. I'm no PS expert (in fact far from it) but she looks like she has some real talent; nice to see she is so willing to share tips.

Dreamscape Retouching wrote:
I know she has an account here on MM.  Don't remember what it is, but if you're going to be talking about her work, it might be worth mentioning to her.

I think this is her: Nienna1990

Oct 15 09 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Dawn Masen

Montclair, New Jersey, US

HUH?

She's 19 and that good!!  I'm getting old....

Oct 16 09 08:09 am Link

Retoucher

Nienna1990

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel Aviv, Israel

Duncan Hall wrote:

Maybe it's my screen, but I spotted a lot of imperfections in the Berisha stuff. The work didn't seem nearly competitive with the top retouchers on this site.

That girl is pretty impressive.

Not just you, I also noticed that. Retouchings there arent that good.

Publicity perhaps?

Just wanted to say: thanks everybody smile

And thanks alot Natalia. Hearing something like that from you, must really mean something ^^.

Oct 16 09 08:38 am Link

Photographer

RoadRunner Photography

Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania, US

Nienna1990 wrote:
Not just you, I also noticed that. Retouchings there arent that good.

Publicity perhaps?

Just wanted to say: thanks everybody smile

And thanks alot Natalia. Hearing something like that from you, must really mean something ^^.

You, young lady, are simply awesomesauce! 

You do absolutely gorgeous work, and are quite talented for one so young.

I for one would like to give you a whole hearted thank you for sharing your techniques and talent, and to the OP for bringing this lady to everyone else's attention!

Al
roadrunnerphoto.net

Oct 16 09 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Dawn Masen

Montclair, New Jersey, US

I second that..^  I need ALOT  of help with my retouching and u taking the time to show how you do what you do is really cool..

Thank YOU!

Oct 16 09 11:25 am Link

Retoucher

Dreamscape Retouching

Charleston, South Carolina, US

When do I get my praise thread? sad

Oct 16 09 11:40 am Link

Photographer

GAF Pix

Robert Randall wrote:

Would you care to fill us all in on what qualifies you to make such a statement?

Some of Fadil's work recently are not as clean as before, I have of copy of the 2006/2007 Miss Universe program book and the retouching was not as good compared to his work with Thomas Canny.

http://www.thomascannystudio.com/new/po … .php?pid=2

fadil's work

http://www.fadilberisha.com/

Oct 16 09 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

d00dle

nice tutorial...look familiar. I've seen this before. it aint new.

Oct 16 09 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

RoadRunner Photography

Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania, US

d00dle wrote:
nice tutorial...look familiar. I've seen this before. it aint new.

Perhaps not to you, but to others it may well be.  It is always a good thing when someone is willing to help others who wish to truly learn do so.

Oct 16 09 01:49 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

RoadRunner Photography wrote:

Perhaps not to you, but to others it may well be.  It is always a good thing when someone is willing to help others who wish to truly learn do so.

Don't feed the trolls wink

Nienna, you know you've got it!

x

Oct 16 09 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

5th-Change

Tacoma, Washington, US

Getting in before Big Brother Shuts this thread down...

Let us not forget that one of the rules is "no unsolicited critiques."
I believe a lot of the posts above violate this policy.

OP posted information that was out there, that may be helpful to others.
If you like the information, great, thank the OP,
If you don't like the info, move on.
Putting the information, or others down (unsolicited critique), to make yourself feel better, isn't necessary, nor helpful to this thread.

My 2 cents.

Oct 16 09 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel A

Eugene, Oregon, US

Yes!  Invaluable info for those of us beginning to learn professional techniques.  Thank you!

Oct 16 09 10:28 pm Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Thanks to all those who finds this helpful! smile I am going to be posting more links to other tutorials that I feel would be helpful from other sources as well. Feel free to post any that you feel is good too!

Oct 17 09 05:11 am Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Okay smile

So I found this site which I felt was a pretty good read for beginners of retouching. This read somewhat "trains" you from the very, very beginning of you starting to retouch any image. ( I am pretty much talking about "Tip#1".) The others you can read as well to see if it will help you. smile

http://fashionphotographyblog.com/2009/ … he-master/

Oct 17 09 09:07 am Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Oct 17 09 09:34 am Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I thought this was an interesting read in regards to "printing" using photoshop. smile This is for CS2 but I am sure it can be applied to other versions.

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps9_pr … rint_1.htm

Oct 19 09 06:45 am Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ok to keep from posting tons of links...lol...here is the link to www.photoshopessentials.com .

Some of you may have already been up and down this site but for those who have never seen it, it should be quite helpful to you. smile

Oct 19 09 06:56 am Link

Photographer

Maria Mylona

London, England, United Kingdom

Wow that is perfect!!! Thanks so much for the links.

Great work smile
Maria

Oct 19 09 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Sherrellsphotography77

Herrin, Illinois, US

wow thanks! I wish I had been able to learn all this at that age!!! I wish I would have been taught photography earlier in life to! I feel i have wasted so much time not knowing!! lol!!!

Oct 19 09 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Sherrellsphotography77

Herrin, Illinois, US

Knz-Jade-Kai wrote:
Getting in before Big Brother Shuts this thread down...

Let us not forget that one of the rules is "no unsolicited critiques."
I believe a lot of the posts above violate this policy.

OP posted information that was out there, that may be helpful to others.
If you like the information, great, thank the OP,
If you don't like the info, move on.
Putting the information, or others down (unsolicited critique), to make yourself feel better, isn't necessary, nor helpful to this thread.

My 2 cents.

there wouldnt be rules if everyone had common sense!
I see it WAY to often that people are soo rude to others and so sarcastic!! Its sad to say but its exp noticable in photographer!

Oct 19 09 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Sherrellsphotography77

Herrin, Illinois, US

A Creative Niche  wrote:
Thanks to all those who finds this helpful! smile I am going to be posting more links to other tutorials that I feel would be helpful from other sources as well. Feel free to post any that you feel is good too!

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to send links! it is great appreciated!
As a photographer I learn everday and any tools to learn is great!!

Thanks for taking time out of your day to help others!

Oct 19 09 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Justin Foto

Alberschwende, Vorarlberg, Austria

Post hidden on Oct 19, 2009 11:45 am
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
No BS. No drama, please.

Oct 19 09 10:27 am Link

Retoucher

A Creative Niche

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Sherrellsphotography77 wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to send links! it is great appreciated!
As a photographer I learn everday and any tools to learn is great!!

Thanks for taking time out of your day to help others!

No problem at all! smile. I know alot of these things can be found by other by just doing a google search and that these are not "exclusive" tutorials but I thought it would be helpful (at least to those on this site...and for those who can get lazy like myself tongue ) to have them all in one place.

I am really glad that it can help some of you...including myself. smile

Oct 19 09 01:15 pm Link