Forums > Model Colloquy > Ok, I gotta know...

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

I'm posting this here because I want model feedback....not photographers...but models.

As women (this pertains to the women) do you really like it when a male photographer leaves a message/tag/comment on your photos that say things like:

This is yummy
This makes me hungry
This is boner material
This is Sexy (this may indeed be acceptable, I just included it for discussion)

?

I just had to ask, as I see allot of so-called professional photographers leaving these notes and just want to know...."acceptable behavior" or "showing typical testosterone-induced immaturity" cuz it goes against everything I was raised to believe a pro should represent themselves like in a public forum. But if times are a changin...I'll just accept it and move on.

Models only now, let's get this out in the open.

Jul 19 05 11:42 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

It's only acceptable from Erics. if I already know the person and know they're kidding, it's fine. Otherwise, it's rather repulsive.

Jul 19 05 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I'm no model, as VM will tell you, but I will comment to say that if I know a person (online or in real life) I'm comfortable being a goofball and leaving a tag like "My eyes just fell out of my head."

Jul 19 05 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Ah, so what if that post makes another photographer think it is acceptable to you (he doesn't know you know the other guy) and others start to do it on the same photo? Does this set a bad precedent?

Jul 19 05 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Well, a verbal is one thing. I'm just wondering if it is risky in writing on a public forum where people who may want to hire you, and don't know your relationship with the model, may now get the wrong idea. Or, othe "photographers" who don't know her now think she is open to those comments start to harass her.

As a small business owner, I am maybe over-in-tuned to these things and harassment issues can be a big deal. A girl is friends with someone, they tell her she looks "yummy", the guy in the next cube hears them flirting and he wants to get in on the fun, now he's commenting and she doesn't like it but set a precedent by letting one guy do it publicly...etc, etc,

Jul 19 05 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Maybe you should ask the models why they post yummy pictures?

Seriously, as I have found, it's not too difficult to click delete if a comment is out of place, but I will butt out of the thread so you can hear from models on this...

Jul 19 05 12:17 pm Link

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

If I know the person, I personally do not mind. I like it if I look yummy LOL. If it is just a random stranger I still don't mind-but I would rather be judged on my personality than my looks- Oh wait I am a model that means I don't have a personality-
But do i look yummy?

Jul 19 05 12:34 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Posted by David Moyle: 
I'm posting this here because I want model feedback....not photographers...but models.

As women (this pertains to the women) do you really like it when a male photographer leaves a message/tag/comment on your photos that say things like:

This is yummy
This makes me hungry
This is boner material

?

I just had to ask, as I see allot of so-called professional photographers leaving these notes and just want to know...."acceptable behavior" or "showing typical testosterone-induced immaturity" cuz it goes against everything I was raised to believe a pro should represent themselves like in a public forum. But if times are a changin...I'll just accept it and move on.

Hi David,

I come from a large family, and have older brother and sisters that have always teased and joked around. Many MMers who are personal friends do tease each other often. Theda and I
who are opinionated, lippy, and sarcastic, have been known to teasingly double-team people we know all the time.

Generally, I do not take offense if I feel the comments
are goofy and/or playful as X mentioned, but if the comments slide down into the crude and/or sexually graphic I reflexively hit the delete button.

And you are also right, when in doubt, I do add the "just teasing you or just kidding" disclaimer to prevent someone who might not KNOW me, to realize that I am simply teasing and not serious.

Mollie

Jul 19 05 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

I thought he only wanted feedback from models, not photographers...

Jul 19 05 12:48 pm Link

Model

justyna_b

Ottawa, Illinois, US

i think because its over the net, not in person, it really doesn't bother me that much.... on the other hand, if the comment is way out there, and the photographer asks me for a photoshoot, i may have doubts....  i think its alright if its in good fun, but its also important to keep in mind that the small tag anyone leaves is basically a first impression, it may count for more than the tagger thinks...
~j

Jul 19 05 01:06 pm Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

Yeah seriously does anyone read anymore?

If a random phoyographer says you "look sexy" or "thats a hot pic" thats ok...but if someones says "wow that pic just made me hard", i'ld put them on my Never Work With list.

Jul 19 05 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

unfortunately many 'photographers' and 'MODELS' use this site to try to get dates or advertise their sexual preferences..

photogs sample comments:
"hey babe you make me sweat .."
"that picture makes me think 'hard' about you .."

models bio comments:
" I love long walks by the beach .."
"I think pink is the most romantic color .."

perhaps that should be a sister site called 'Dating Mayhem'
( hmm ,, should I copyright the idea? ) so the ones who
are hungry for 'flesh' would have their ball field ...

Jul 19 05 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

Well, I could either start a model portfolio or comment as a photog, otherwise the world would end as we know it!

Jul 19 05 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Leila: 

Posted by KM von Seidl: 

Yeah seriously does anyone read anymore?

If a random phoyographer says you "look sexy" or "thats a hot pic" thats ok...but if someones says "wow that pic just made me hard", i'ld put them on my Never Work With list.

He said models only!

:-P

Jul 19 05 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Ian Powell

Columbus, Ohio, US

Posted by StaciF: 
If I know the person, I personally do not mind. I like it if I look yummy LOL. If it is just a random stranger I still don't mind-but I would rather be judged on my personality than my looks- Oh wait I am a model that means I don't have a personality-
But do i look yummy?

some shots are "yummy" staci lol

Jul 19 05 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Thanks everyone for the replies. I won't waste the time and space to reply to everyone individually, but I do appreciate the insights.

Jul 19 05 07:01 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

I don't get offended with such comments, but if you actually tag me "this is boner material", that may slightly affect whether or not I'd want to work with you : P

Jul 19 05 07:05 pm Link

Model

Heather LeStabbityDeath

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Comments such as 'this is boner material' and 'yummy' are not really offensive. However, I'm not likely to work with someone who posts crap like that. If you are really a photographer, and a good, professional one, and you think a pic is hard-on inducing, you could say something like 'very sexy...nice style, incredibly provactive', you know, something Professional, that expresses the opinion of the viewer, while not coming off as crass and immature. I really have no desire to work with some jr high mentality photographer who's going to make a mess of himself during a sexy shoot, and comments like that are a sign of inability to do shoots like that competently.

Jul 19 05 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Louis Braga: 
unfortunately many 'photographers' and 'MODELS' use this site to try to get dates or advertise their sexual preferences..
...snipped
perhaps that should be a sister site called 'Dating Mayhem'
( hmm ,, should I copyright the idea? ) so the ones who
are hungry for 'flesh' would have their ball field ...

Hm...http://dating.mayhem.com

I envision a forum for "Dating Mishaps" and some bonehead posting a thread that goes something like, "Have you ever accidentally blind dated your sister?"

LMAO

Jul 19 05 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Sascha: 
I don't get offended with such comments, but if you actually tag me "this is boner material", that may slightly affect whether or not I'd want to work with you : P 

True that. True that. However, that would be a compliment for a Photographer who posted Erotic material. I suppose he'd have the opposite smartass posting feedback, something like, "Dayum! I saw this and I went limp as a noodle!"

*grin*

Jul 19 05 09:43 pm Link

Model

lisamona

Toronto, Iowa, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

True that. True that. However, that would be a compliment for a Photographer who posted Erotic material.

i think there are many other ways to comliment and say the same things that were listed.
i personally dont like it i find it offensive.
i am , and i believe other models ehre, didnt come to MM to make photographers jerk off, or something like that..
if a person is professional he/she would use appropriate diction in their comments.

~Kat

Jul 19 05 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Posted by David Moyle: 
Well, a verbal is one thing. I'm just wondering if it is risky in writing on a public forum where people who may want to hire you, and don't know your relationship with the model, may now get the wrong idea. Or, othe "photographers" who don't know her now think she is open to those comments start to harass her.

As a small business owner, I am maybe over-in-tuned to these things and harassment issues can be a big deal. A girl is friends with someone, they tell her she looks "yummy", the guy in the next cube hears them flirting and he wants to get in on the fun, now he's commenting and she doesn't like it but set a precedent by letting one guy do it publicly...etc, etc,

If that happens where they know each other then the photog didn't use any tact. I'll leave a comment using Hun, Babe, Sweetheart but I make sure it's always worded to show that I personally know the model.

Jul 19 05 10:01 pm Link

Model

Mistress Purgatori

Washington, District of Columbia, US

personally I don't care if the person commenting has good work and I'd like to work w/ them or if I already know them.and I like affecting ppl w/ My work rather it be erotic or not.who cares we are putting our images out there.
but *shrugs*then again it's very hard to offend Me.*lol*
too many people are too damn sensitive.the way I see it get over it.a comment is a comment.
xxx
MP

Posted by David Moyle: 

This is yummy
This makes me hungry
This is boner material

?

Jul 19 05 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by lisamona: 

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

True that. True that. However, that would be a compliment for a Photographer who posted Erotic material.

i think there are many other ways to comliment and say the same things that were listed.
i personally dont like it i find it offensive.
i am , and i believe other models ehre, didnt come to MM to make photographers jerk off, or something like that..
if a person is professional he/she would use appropriate diction in their comments.

~Kat

I agree.

Jul 19 05 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Posted by Sascha: 

This was an actual tag I saw

Jul 19 05 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by David Moyle: 

Posted by Sascha: 

This was an actual tag I saw

Some of the things you guys see?...I swear. I feel like I'm living in a sheltered world. Maybe, I'm just looking for things I want to see and skipping the rest. *shrugs*

Jul 19 05 10:48 pm Link

Model

jolene

West Point, New York, US

I think if it is someone you know and you have that kind of joking relationship it's fine, but if it's just some random person it looks tacky and very unprofessional!!
jolene

Jul 20 05 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Posted by jolebean: 
I think if it is someone you know and you have that kind of joking relationship it's fine, but if it's just some random person it looks tacky and very unprofessional!!
jolene

I guess my question would be, (and maybe I need to direct this at photographers at this point) if you are looking to work professionally, (the photographer leaving the comment) knowing that this is a public froum and ANYONE could be browsing looking at your work, would you (and especially the photographer) want comments like that to keep you (them) from getting paid work because they didn't take you seriously...or were afraid the photographer would act too immature or unprofessional on a paid job with a model.

Jul 20 05 09:25 am Link