Forums > Contests > PotD18+ Discussion Thread

Photographer

MalePortfolios

Anaheim, California, US

Is there any way for me, or anyone else, to "prove" that we are in compliance with this rule? What would you do? Any suggestions?

JoJo Suicide wrote:

The model may well be totally flaccid but he does not appear to me to be totally flaccid in the image you submitted.

This is why I disqualified your entry.

Mar 22 10 10:34 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

MalePortfolios wrote:
Is there any way for me, or anyone else, to "prove" that we are in compliance with this rule? What would you do? Any suggestions?

Honestly, I am more or less the judge and jury on the PotD and PotD18+.

There is an appeal process whereby I take the image to the Site Admins for their opinion. This appeal is used when a disagreement turns bitter or in a case like this where I want a second opinion.

I have already spoken to one of the Site Admins about your image. Here’s what the opinion is: “This one seems pretty straightfoward (pardon the pun) because it is not hanging down....it is sticking out enough so that we can say it is not fully flaccid.”

What else can you do?  Submit another image wink

Mar 22 10 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

MalePortfolios

Anaheim, California, US

Unfortunately, this model's unit sticks out and not down when he's soft. Not all men ARE created equal! (thank goodness for that!) So, it would seem that I'm not going to be able to enter any images of him in any of our 18+ competitions - either he's soft and sticks out, or he's plumped up and stands straight up! Either way, the shots will be disqualified, based on how he's perceived. I understand, and appreciate the input on this.

And I hope I'm not wasting too much of your time on this. Hopefully, others can see that questions CAN and should be raised without getting crazy on you! (smile) Most of us do appreciate the work you do on our behalf, and the fact that we even have an opportunity to show off our images in a venue like this.

As an aside, is there any chance that there might be a separate contest of "male only" images, which might give a chance for similar themes to compete against like images? I'm sure this has been debated already, but I've not read it yet. Just wondering...

Thanks again! -g

Mar 22 10 11:56 pm Link

Model

Jack Weinstein

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello Moderator,

I'm relatively new to the forum and I submitted my first photo last week to the 18+ competition. Unfortunately, it was disqualified. I'd like to find out why. It was in the queue as of last night, but it's not on the vote page today.

My photo was not particularly explicit, no genitals appear in the photo and I've read over the rules, can't seem to find the one I broke. The image in question is titled 'Self Reflection.'

Any insight on why it was disqualified would be appreciated.

Mar 29 10 11:33 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Jack Weinstein wrote:
Hello Moderator,

I'm relatively new to the forum and I submitted my first photo last week to the 18+ competition. Unfortunately, it was disqualified. I'd like to find out why. It was in the queue as of last night, but it's not on the vote page today.

My photo was not particularly explicit, no genitals appear in the photo and I've read over the rules, can't seem to find the one I broke. The image in question is titled 'Self Reflection.'

Any insight on why it was disqualified would be appreciated.

Your entry was:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/potd_18p … 59-big.jpg

I disqualified your image as being not 18+. Why? I see nothing 18+ in the image.

The basic dividing line between the PotD and the PotD18+ is (drum roll please) the 18+ bits. If I can see those bits then it’s an 18+ image wink

Why not enter the image in the PotD.

JoJo

Mar 29 10 12:59 pm Link

Model

Jack Weinstein

Los Angeles, California, US

Oh, okay. Thanks. I assumed the 18+ contest was a catchall for nude photos.

Mar 29 10 01:52 pm Link

Model

Tiffany Case

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Hiya! Could you please remove my photo from tomorrow's contest. I submitted the wrong image, and it falls under the no resubmittion for 15 days rule.. Thank you! big_smile

Mar 29 10 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

mikejonesborough

San Francisco, California, US

Hi,
First of all, thanks for all your help in moderating this forum.  I've read through most of it before posting my question and I appreciate not only your willingness to explain why you do something, but your attitude in how you do it. 

I just posted an image last night and although it showed up in the queue, it doesn't seem to be on the vote page.  Did I do something wrong, submit it in the wrong place, or...?

Also, what are the size restrictions for picture submission, is it a certain number of MB or pixels or...

Thanks in advance for your help with both of these.
Mike

Mar 31 10 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Fernon

Annapolis, Maryland, US

MalePortfolios wrote:
Unfortunately, this model's unit sticks out and not down when he's soft.

whatever i call bullshit

Mar 31 10 10:30 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

mikejonesborough wrote:
Hi,
First of all, thanks for all your help in moderating this forum.  I've read through most of it before posting my question and I appreciate not only your willingness to explain why you do something, but your attitude in how you do it. 

I just posted an image last night and although it showed up in the queue, it doesn't seem to be on the vote page.  Did I do something wrong, submit it in the wrong place, or...?

Also, what are the size restrictions for picture submission, is it a certain number of MB or pixels or...

Thanks in advance for your help with both of these.
Mike

Your entry:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/potd_18p … 92-big.jpg
was disqualified for ‘non flaccid penis’

Size limit: 800px wide and 600mb in file size. We are in the process of limiting the vertical height also but this has not come to pass… yet.

Advice… look at the entries and see what is judged to be acceptable.

Cheers wink

Mar 31 10 02:59 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

MalePortfolios wrote:
Unfortunately, this model's unit sticks out and not down when he's soft.

Fernon wrote:
whatever i call bullshit

Thank you for your insightful comment.

Mar 31 10 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

mikejonesborough

Thanks for your quick response JoJo.  I have been looking at the other entries (maybe too much smile ) to see what is acceptable.  The model was flaccid, but Ethan is a pretty big guy and was holding everything up with both of his hands.  I'm guessing from reading the other responses that there is no real way to prove this to you?

Mar 31 10 03:17 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

mikejonesborough wrote:
Thanks for your quick response JoJo.  I have been looking at the other entries (maybe too much smile ) to see what is acceptable.  The model was flaccid, but Ethan is a pretty big guy and was holding everything up with both of his hands.  I'm guessing from reading the other responses that there is no real way to prove this to you?

It has more to do with the specific image, the camera angle, the lighting, the amount of ‘fluffing’ the model does before the shot is captured and the post processing of the image.

We have a fair number of regular players in the PotD18+ that are very well endowed wink

Apr 01 10 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

So if someone caught for vote stack or cheating or any alike, only gets DQ? Or does the member get banned from the contest (for period of time), or even membership revoked?

Apr 02 10 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Wurmwood Photography

Dayton, Ohio, US

DEP E510 wrote:
Pics of people being hung like meat, bleeding from hooks, is NOT banned from this site.

ANYTHING sexual is banned.

NOTHING violent is banned...

Sorry to bring up "old news" but I'd like to know how a person willingly hanging themselves "like meat" (which is called suspension by the way!) is violent? I'd also like to know what makes this person think that those that partake in suspensions are freaks? I'm almost certain suspension photos have to be classified as 18+ anyways, due to the "touchy nature" of the subject. Also, if I remember correctly you also have to flag a photo as mature if it contains anything of a violent nature....not just things of sexual nature.

Apr 02 10 10:20 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
So if someone caught for vote stack or cheating or any alike, only gets DQ? Or does the member get banned from the contest (for period of time), or even membership revoked?

Vote stacking:

1st offense – 15 day contest suspension (I’m presently attempting to have this extended to 1 month)
2nd offense – ban from contests

Entering a prohibited image: (erect penis, penetration and so on)

1st offense – 1 month contest suspension

I also look at the offender’s account and suspension and/or outright removal are also options that I can work with.

Apr 03 10 12:05 am Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

JoJo wrote:
Vote stacking:
1st offense – 15 day contest suspension (I’m presently attempting to have this extended to 1 month)
Entering a prohibited image: (erect penis, penetration and so on)
1st offense – 1 month contest suspension
I also look at the offender’s account and suspension and/or outright removal are also options that I can work with.

How about the penalty for the 2nd offense, disclosure of the cheaters' names? Then the 3rd offense will be banned from the contests?

Apr 04 10 10:46 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
How about the penalty for the 2nd offense, disclosure of the cheaters' names? Then the 3rd offense will be banned from the contests?

Disclose the cheater’s name – no – that’s outing.
Even cheaters are protected by this rule.

Do you really want to give a known repeat cheater ‘just 1 more chance’?

Apr 04 10 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

JoJo wrote:

Administrative procedures are not considered outing!

Apr 05 10 03:44 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

JoJo wrote:

Chuckarelei wrote:
Administrative procedures are not considered outing!

Sorry, that is incorrect.

Apr 05 10 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

different topic now.

if the nipples were photoshopped off, would that be a regular? or it's still an 18+?

Apr 05 10 09:41 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
different topic now.

if the nipples were photoshopped off, would that be a regular? or it's still an 18+?

Show me a specific image and I will give you my opinion on that image.

Apr 05 10 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

JoJo wrote:

I just ul'ed that to the regular contest for tomorrow. 5-10 minutes ago. it's the one a chick with sword and black outfit.

Apr 05 10 11:31 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

JoJo wrote:

Chuckarelei wrote:
I just ul'ed that to the regular contest for tomorrow. 5-10 minutes ago. it's the one a chick with sword and black outfit.

I am going to allow this one into the contest. The 'mud people' are sufficiently covered.
A word for future reference – watch the blood – this caught my eye before anything else wink

Apr 05 10 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Think there is a bug in the contest section? I clicked on the vote page, it says I already voted. I know I didn't. Then when I went to the current sanding page where everyone has 0 vote. So it confirms that I didn't vote. more bugs and codings problem?

Apr 06 10 12:10 am Link

Photographer

TarmoSiirak

Haapsalu, Lääne, Estonia

Chuckarelei wrote:
Think there is a bug in the contest section? I clicked on the vote page, it says I already voted. I know I didn't. Then when I went to the current sanding page where everyone has 0 vote. So it confirms that I didn't vote. more bugs and codings problem?

I just wanted to post it smile
Haven't voted in today's contest but it says I have. I did check the lineup for today's contest before it started and maybe this bug is somehow associated with it?

Apr 06 10 12:50 am Link

Photographer

John_T

London, England, United Kingdom

Same here, managed to vote in POTD OK - but the counts look a bit odd. Then tried POTD 18+ and it says I have already voted. Will try again later.

John

Apr 06 10 01:44 am Link

Photographer

Mahogany Designs

Atlanta, Georgia, US

POTD and POTD18+ voting issue.  I went to look at the images submitted this morning and vote.  The claims that I have already voted.  But I just logged on my machine today.  How can I get this resolved?  Anyone else having voting issues today?

Apr 06 10 06:10 am Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

Moderator Warning!
Unfortunately, there was some new code moved into production and, as is often the case, this has resulted in the problems where it shows you already voted and did not.  I have the same issue myself today.  Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this and your voting ability will be restored for tomorrow's contest.

Apr 06 10 06:51 am Link

Photographer

MS Foto

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

So, if todays contest is compromised by the voting glitch, can I re-submit my image before the normal 15-day waiting period...?

Apr 06 10 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Sendu

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom

MS Foto wrote:
So, if todays contest is compromised by the voting glitch, can I re-submit my image before the normal 15-day waiting period...?

Well, some people can still vote, just not all of them. So you should get the same proportion of votes today as you would tomorrow, and come in the same final place.

Apr 06 10 11:18 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

MS Foto wrote:

No – votes are coming in so unless I receive notification from IB the votes will stand.

Apr 06 10 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

Sendu wrote:

Well, some people can still vote, just not all of them. So you should get the same proportion of votes today as you would tomorrow, and come in the same final place.

This is the correct answer.  The only potential impact is if you lose by one vote and were not able to vote for your own image due to the voting glitch.

Apr 06 10 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

MS Foto

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

EA Photographics wrote:
This is the correct answer.  The only potential impact is if you lose by one vote and were not able to vote for your own image due to the voting glitch.

I couldn't vote for any images, and neither could any of the other posters who mentioned the glitch. So, the impact is on every image I would have voted for (we all get 3 votes, afterall) not just mine. Not everybody's vote is really represented, but whatever. Just asking........

Apr 06 10 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Wet Ltd

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

for once I can't agree.  If people were blocked from voting due to bad code (and why is this not discovered in testing before code is released into a live system?) then the contest for today is compromised as you have not way to undue to system damage and allow those that wanted to due so. 

I wouldn't normally complain about this but when I went on-line at 430 this morning to vote before running to work I was disappointed but figured the problem would get corrected and I would be able to vote this evening when I returned from work...to find I and others can't do either is just disappointing.

Apr 06 10 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

EA Photographics wrote:

I thought you are not suppose to vote for your own image?

Apr 06 10 09:02 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Moderator Warning!
I’ll try this once more.

Votes are coming in and they have been all day.

(yes, there are some that were not able to vote)

Unless the Site Admins or IB steps in and voids today’s voting the contest stands.

Apr 06 10 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Nelia

Mahogany Designs wrote:
POTD and POTD18+ voting issue.  I went to look at the images submitted this morning and vote.  The claims that I have already voted.  But I just logged on my machine today.  How can I get this resolved?  Anyone else having voting issues today?

Had the problem yesterday and still having the same issue today.

Apr 07 10 12:21 am Link

Photographer

TarmoSiirak

Haapsalu, Lääne, Estonia

Nelia wrote:
Had the problem yesterday and still having the same issue today.

Same here. Couldn't vote yesterday, can't vote today... becomes a tradition

Apr 07 10 12:32 am Link

Photographer

Appleby Photography

Southampton, England, United Kingdom

Seem to be having problems voting. Until a couple of days ago I was submitting votes ok but now it seems to tell me each day that I have already voted.
Any ideas why?

Andy

Apr 07 10 12:41 am Link