Forums > Model Colloquy > Beauty tips

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

I know most people don't want to share their secrets but i'll be generous and try to start this off.

~To keep from getting zits, use a soluution of 1 part water and 1 part hydrogen-peroxide. Apply to your face at night with a cotton ball and moisturize after. This will kill bacteria and remove oil.

~Which hazel will also remove excess oil from your face and is not as harsh as alcohol based products.

~Expensive lotions are not that great. Baby oil works well, especially on your legs after shaving. The best time to apply any moisturizer is once you get out of the shower while your skin is still damp.

~DRINK A LOT OF WATER AND EAT WELL!

Jul 23 05 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Don't party.

Jul 24 05 08:14 am Link

Makeup Artist

EmElle Makeup and Hair

San Jose, California, US

Check out Mary Erickson's Q&A page.

It has a model prep sheet every model should have, and every photographer should keep in his/her arsenal and hand out to new models.

http://www.themakeupartist.com/portfolios/qa.php

Jul 24 05 08:23 am Link

Model

Leah Marie

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

Thanks for the tips, I love sharing.
- Heat tea bags to release the herbs, then chill in the fridge over night. The next day apply to eyes for 30 min, this will bring down puffiness in the eyes. Also the classic method of chilled preparation H cream will work too.

- If you do get a zip put a hot cloth on it for 10min, then apply some neutragina spot treatment. Do this a right before bed. Repeat every night until gone, you should see improvement by the next day.

Jul 24 05 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
Don't party.

Blashfamy,  bring back Heroine shiek.

Jul 24 05 09:32 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
Don't party.

OK, you asked for it.

https://www.corriere.it/Hermes%20Foto/2003/03_Marzo/02/sheik--240x180.jpg

Jul 24 05 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

He's hot.  I think I just got arroused.

Jul 24 05 09:45 am Link

Model

jolene

West Point, New York, US

I use baby powder scented vasoline on my body as soon as I get out of the shower.  Just a thin layer and rub it in.  It makes my skin silky smooth.  Also I use to get heat rash on the backs of my arms and ever since I started using vasoline I havn't got any.  Sounds wierd I know, but if it's good enough for my kids bottoms then it's good enough for me LOL.

Jul 24 05 10:52 am Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I shave my legs with baby oil (not made of real babies) instead of soap or shaving cream, which makes things silkier.

I also have very fine, fragile hair that tangles easily. In order to keep it from breaking, I always run my fingers through it and get the major knots out before brushing, this saves on wear and tear. I also use a deep conditioner about twice a week made from blending enough coconut milk with a ripe avacado, and a ripe banana if I have one. You have to wash twice to get it all out, but it works. An alternative is to drench your hair in coconut milk and put on a shower cap for about fifteen to twenty minutes.

Sometimes to play up my brunette-ness, I mix equal parts conditioner with molasses. That rinses very well.

Damn, I love beauty tips!

Jul 24 05 02:57 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
Don't party.

OK, you asked for it.

ROFLMAO    I needed a laugh....Thank you thank you a million thank yous.... ;o)

Jul 24 05 03:04 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Last time I gave a tip for acne I got blasted.  But I will try this again....
for zits try tea tree oil, it smells awful, but works.  or caladryl lotion also works for clearing up acne. (yes the pink stuff in the pink bottle)
The caladryl lotion also helps to soak up the excess oils on your face.  Specially wonderful for us T-Zone peoples....
Our natural oils are good for our bodies and faces, however, we can sometimes produce an over kill of it. 
Eucerine lotion after a shower produces a beautiful glow on your skin.
Keeping your eyebrows waxed is vitally important for the brightness and appearance of our eyes..
Always keep a good lip moisurizer on hand, whichever is your favorite.  I prefer Burts Bees...

Thats it for now.  but I think after near 40 years of trying all different types of tips and tricks, these are my favs....

Jul 24 05 03:11 pm Link

Model

Delirium Filth

Belleville, Arkansas, US

Anyone know any tips for controlling frizzy/wild hair?

Jul 24 05 03:20 pm Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lisa, I use tea tree oil on spots as well. I find it's worked just as well or better than any of the traditional acne creams and it's far less drying.

As for frizz, try an anti-humectant pomade. Aveda makes a good one. My hair is super fine so I only use a teensy smidge of it when I need it, otherwise it gets greasy. I've had that little blue jar for more than five years now and still have lots left. You may be able to use more if your hair is coarser.

Jul 24 05 03:33 pm Link

Model

NameRemovedPerUser

Perrysburg, New York, US

Jul 24 05 03:44 pm Link

Model

MYA

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Posted by Delirium Filth: 

Don't Blow Dry Your Hair. Let It Dry Naturally.
Rusk Sheer Brilliance Is An Awesome Product .(hair serum)
Paul Mitchell Smooth Shampoo And Conditioner Tames The Frizzies too.

Jul 24 05 04:57 pm Link

Model

jolene

West Point, New York, US

if you absolutly need to blow dry your hair use the cool setting and you'll get less frizzies

Jul 25 05 03:40 am Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

~ Smash up the pulp of a tomato and apply it to your face. Leave on for about one hour. This will help get rid of pimples faster and reduces redness.

Jul 25 05 10:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Don't party.

I second that... The partying kills youthful appearance... 

Jul 25 05 11:33 am Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The old "take equal parts cider vinegar and water and boil a bit, let cool and rinse hair with your concoction" is a classic for a good reason.

It makes your cuticles lie flat and promotes a healthy sheen and makes your hair act as a halo for photographers and make them say "I want to shoot that gal/guy and I want to pay him/her a loooot of money!"

Jul 25 05 09:58 pm Link

Model

Jen-E

Nashville, Tennessee, US

sleep at least 8 hours a day
like a virgin cream under your eyes
acne-free cleanser on the face twice a day
always wear sun screen
only wear minimal makeup unless shooting
victoria secret very sexy luminating body lotion for dry skin and/or vaseline intensive care advanced healing lotion.
aussie 3 minute miracle for the hair once a week

I have lots more, too many to list, maybe if it were on a more specific subject LoL.

Jul 25 05 11:48 pm Link

Model

Ms. Isadora V.

Columbus, Ohio, US

Okay....I amost fell out of my bed from laughing.

Although, I would say he has more of a burly beaver look going on, LOL!

Jul 26 05 03:29 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Ms. Isadora V.: 
a burly beaver look going on

I think there is already a thread on that somewhere....

Jul 26 05 03:34 am Link

Model

Jessika Rae

Akron, Ohio, US

Posted by Delirium Filth: 

My curly hair can be sometimes UNRULEY!  Two things I use is:

Paul Mitchell's Gloss Drops.  Damn I love that stuff, pretty inexpensive and you don't need much.  What I normally do is after the shower I rub it through while not concentrating on the roots, but in the ends.  Then if you blow dry it, when it's dry put a little more in your hands then just pat it on your hair.  Works wonders.

John Freda* (sp) Frizz Ease(sp) - The spray works nice, or the gloss works nice. 

Those two work pretty well on frizzy hair, but I definitely recommend Paul Mitchell's as number one.
-Jessika

Jul 26 05 03:37 am Link

Model

jewelzonfire

i have long long crazy wild hair and it frizzes fast, i always use a drop or two of hand lotion rub on my hands then coat onto hair (run fingers through hair)
or//or i take a conditioner mix it with alot of water then spitz abit on my hair or hands and run through your hair

Jul 27 05 07:10 pm Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

I have alot of tips here are a few:
good exfoliant forface-knees-elbows- quaker cornmeal
Control fly awayswith fabric softner lol
razor burn- rub solid deodorant after you shave.
put oatmeal on your face for about 10 minutes- it removes toxins from the face
dark under eyes circles- wrap a grated raw potato in a cheese cloth and put it in the fridge until cold. The hold it up to your eye for 5 minutes- wip eoff residue. The minerals and acids in the potato constrict the skin.

Jul 28 05 12:46 am Link