Forums > Photography Talk > Front,side, back nude photos required before shoot

Model

Eostre Renewed

Bremerton, Washington, US

Thanks everyone for the imput. I'm pretty sure what I'm gonna do. It's great to have the MM community to fall back on in times of indecision. Thanks again smile

Mar 26 10 02:57 am Link

Photographer

S de Varax

London, England, United Kingdom

I can think of situations where it's legitimate especially if for example the llama doesn't have nude examples in her portfolio or no clear photos of her nude body (e.g mostly implied work etc)

but the whole 3d animation thing is raising a red flag for me. I think it had come up before and it was a scam.
unless you know the 3d render -is- suppose to be part of the project? or is it a normal nude shoot planned?

Mar 26 10 03:04 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

S de Varax wrote:
I can think of situations where it's legitimate especially if for example the llama doesn't have nude examples in her portfolio or no clear photos of her nude body (e.g mostly implied work etc)

but the whole 3d animation thing is raising a red flag for me. I think it had come up before and it was a scam.
unless you know the 3d render -is- suppose to be part of the project? or is it a normal nude shoot planned?

Well, we've only passed 2 messages so far and what I've got from it is this:

That he wants to shoot some fantasy style photos of me with a gown that I have, on-location in Rome, and alter them with digital art.

Second part of the shoot (if his hotel is good in Rome) is to shoot some art nude.

This is why I'm confused: If the fantasy art is clothed, why does he need the nude photos for the 3D stuff?

Mar 26 10 03:06 am Link

Photographer

S de Varax

London, England, United Kingdom

Hillary Devi R wrote:

Well, we've only passed 2 messages so far and what I've got from it is this:

That he wants to shoot some fantasy style photos of me with a gown that I have, on-location in Rome, and alter them with digital art.

Second part of the shoot (if his hotel is good in Rome) is to shoot some art nude.

This is why I'm confused: If the fantasy art is clothed, why does he need the nude photos for the 3D stuff?

hmmm doesn't sound very legitimate to me.
maybe others would have some opinions.

Mar 26 10 03:15 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

S de Varax wrote:

Ok, thanks for your opinion. I'm hoping that someone will come in here and say that it's totally normal and that they've done it themselves and explain the reasoning behind it, but that might be a vain wish.

Gorgeous work by the way, I love your port smile

Mar 26 10 03:19 am Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

To me, this seems like a very odd request.  Based on this information only, I would not comply and I would not agree to attend the actual shoot either.

Mar 26 10 03:26 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

S de Varax wrote:

Sounds a bit "off" to me also - especially the nonsense about 3D. If he wants photos to make a 3D render then he should take them at the shoot for which he is paying you.

However, if he's shooting art nudes and paying for them I can see that it would be advisable to have seen a couple of nude photos, even snapshots, in advance. There are some potential issues that can be hidden by even a small bikini and I for one would certainly not agree to pay a 'nude llama' who I had not seen nude photos of.

Your concerns about nude snapshots circulating on the internet are valid, but somewhat overridden I would guess by the fact that you are proposing to llama nude for 'art' photos which will, of course, also most likely end up on the internet.

I would suggest sending just two modest snapshots - front, topless with a g-string, rear nude. If he needs to know about your personal grooming preferences then he can ask.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Mar 26 10 03:29 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

Thanks guys for the input, I really do appreciate it.

Stef: no, it's not a paid shoot, only TF.

Mar 26 10 03:34 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Hillary Devi R wrote:
Thanks guys for the input, I really do appreciate it.

Stef: no, it's not a paid shoot, only TF.

In that case, have you seen his art nude work? Is it amazing and/or of a sufficient quality to really enhance your portfolio?

TF-nudes are fine (heck, all mine have been - lol!) when they are warranted by the quality of the work. Otherwise, I'm wondering why you have agreed to them, especially given your concerns about nude photos ending up on the internet.

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Mar 26 10 03:37 am Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

dont send him anything.

Mar 26 10 03:40 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

Stefano Brunesci wrote:

In that case, have you seen his art nude work? Is it amazing and/or of a sufficient quality to really enhance your portfolio?

TF-nudes are fine (heck, all mine have been - lol!) when they are warranted by the quality of the work. Otherwise, I'm wondering why you have agreed to them, especially given your concerns about nude photos ending up on the internet.

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Yes he has sent me some of his work and it's very nice!

I'm sorry, I must not have explained myself well about the "nude photos on the internet" thing.

I dont mind professional nude photos on the web, because they have "class". I even have a met-art shoot scheduled for my visit in America.

It's snapshots that have no artistic value that I'm worried about, and the fact that he needs them before the shoot for the 3D work or whatever. Does that make sense?

Mar 26 10 03:42 am Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

Hillary Devi R wrote:
Yes he has sent me some of his work and it's very nice!

Does he have an online portfolio like here or did he send you some photos?
Can you google his name up find images, online activities etc?

Be careful.

but still dont send him anything at all.

Mar 26 10 03:49 am Link

Photographer

Roy Lett

Tallahassee, Florida, US

I would advise him that state of the art tech work requires state of the art pay like say 3x or 4x...if he's real he shouldn't balk. I am of the understanding currently practiced simulated 3-d work requires a ring of cameras shooting simultaneously in a very controlled computer assisted environment (as in a lab or high tech-high end studio) and the lower tech faux 3-d requires two cameras with specific spacing/advanced custom bracket. So ask for an email image showing him capturing other earlier work. Perhaps what he seeks is some type of artistic composite, photo-shopped multi-image thingy- which he should give you an example of and pay you well for being the muse in his prototypical groundbreaking effort. Better communication perhaps? 
Good luck with it.

Mar 26 10 03:49 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Hillary Devi R wrote:
I dont mind professional nude photos on the web, because they have "class". I even have a met-art shoot scheduled for my visit in America.

It's snapshots that have no artistic value that I'm worried about, and the fact that he needs them before the shoot for the 3D work or whatever. Does that make sense?

Nudes on the internet are nudes on the internet. If you're happy to shoot met-art style then I would see no reason not to send a couple of snapshots to a legitimate art nude photographer.

However, the 3D stuff sounds very much like BS and it's worrying that he would resort to nonsense like that to get some pics. As it's a TF shoot and the art nudes are not the main bulk of the shooting, I would suggest you just send a couple of bikini or underwear shots to prove you haven't suddenly gained 30lb!

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Mar 26 10 03:56 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

Koray wrote:

Does he have an online portfolio like here or did he send you some photos?
Can you google his name up find images, online activities etc?

Be careful.

but still dont send him anything at all.

He does have a port on MM, and a couple nude shots in it which are tasteful. I've also seen his website which has pretty much the same work as on MM.

But the nude shots he wanted to use as examples he just sent me through gmail.

Mar 26 10 03:57 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

Stefano Brunesci wrote:

Nudes on the internet are nudes on the internet. If you're happy to shoot met-art style then I would see no reason not to send a couple of snapshots to a legitimate art nude photographer.

However, the 3D stuff sounds very much like BS and it's worrying that he would resort to nonsense like that to get some pics. As it's a TF shoot and the art nudes are not the main bulk of the shooting, I would suggest you just send a couple of bikini or underwear shots to prove you haven't suddenly gained 30lb!

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Thanks stef alot smile I really appreciate your advice.

Mar 26 10 03:58 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

Roy Lett wrote:
I would advise him that state of the art tech work requires state of the art pay like say 3x or 4x...if he's real he shouldn't balk. I am of the understanding 3-d work requires a ring of cameras shooting simultaneously in a very controlled environment and even loer tech faux 3-d requires two with specific spacing/advanced custom bracket. So ask for a email image showing him capturing other earlier work.
Good luck with it.

Thanks Roy, you just gave some great insight on what REAL 3D shooting is like.

I'm thinking that maybe he just wants to get a good idea of what my nude body looks like before deciding to shoot nude, but that he doesnt wanna seem like a "perv" by wording it that way, so is trying to justify it by something else. hmm

Mar 26 10 04:00 am Link

Model

Danish delight

Marina del Rey, California, US

a nude triangle bikini should not be a problem. Dont send any amateur nudes.

Mar 26 10 04:03 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

Sara Lund wrote:
a nude triangle bikini should not be a problem. Dont send any amateur nudes.

Thanks sara smile That was my original thought too.

Mar 26 10 04:33 am Link

Photographer

Steve Broadbent

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

why dont you set up another Tf before with someone who does tasteful nudes and get the shots he requires from that. shots that you would also be happy to have on the net regardless.
Then you can find out if he is legit, and also have some nice shots
then you dont have a problem with low quality snapshots potentially revolving on the net. everyone is happy...

Mar 26 10 04:35 am Link

Photographer

Corey Hayes Photography

New York, New York, US

even a leotard should be fine. this does sound pretty sketchy.

Mar 26 10 04:40 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Corey Hayes Photography wrote:
even a leotard should be fine. this does sound pretty sketchy.

A leotard can cover a multitude of sins yikes wink

I agree though that there's no need for multiple nude snapshots, especially as it's a TF and the guy doesn't have a strong nude portfolio already.

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Mar 26 10 04:43 am Link

Photographer

JQ:FIYAR

Southfield, Michigan, US

It's not that weird a request actually. My take from it is that he wanted to take standard reference photos such as these:

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/i … mage=85790
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/i … mage=43643

But I could be wrong, hell we ALL could be wrong, so the best course of action is to ask HIM to clarify.

Mar 26 10 04:45 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Hillary Devi R wrote:
He says that he wants a front, profile, and back NUDE photo so that he can create a digital 3D animation of me for his digital work and to examine my figure.

That is a very BS way of saying "Spank bank images". Don't fall for it.

Mar 26 10 04:47 am Link

Photographer

Roy Lett

Tallahassee, Florida, US

rp_photo- lol...https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/big_smile.png

Mar 26 10 04:49 am Link

Photographer

M W Photography

Dallas, Texas, US

Sounds like BS.

Mar 26 10 04:54 am Link

Model

B R E N N A N

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

fwiw, i have taken and sent 'nude mugshots' a few times, but always to established photographers, as i dont have any nudes in my portfolio. I mean, I'm going to be shooting with them nude anyways...

But the whole 3D thing is weird. Thats what would make me hesitant.

Mar 26 10 04:55 am Link

Photographer

alessandro cecconi

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Hillary Devi R wrote:
He does have a port on MM, and a couple nude shots in it which are tasteful. I've also seen his website which has pretty much the same work as on MM.

But the nude shots he wanted to use as examples he just sent me through gmail.

You know I looked at your portfolio and saw something you wrote and made me wonder. A lot of llama use silly arguments just to get a thread started. Like this one. It's a silly argument simply because you very transparently imply the guy is a pervert for asking a couple of polaroids of you naked. A practice pretty common in the real world. But because of your post
everyone has condemned this guy already.
"Be carefull" scream another girl..."dont send him anything" replies another.
However what I think really is out of tune with your post is the following quote from your portfolio:

"Please note that nude and implied nude depends on how comfortable I feel with your portfolio. But the more you're willing to pay me, the more comfortable I will be".

I do not want to offend you but....really....
You write that for money you will get naked... a large sum will make you take your cloths off no matter how bad the photographer is, and then you make a post about the "artistic" content of a simple request...??? implying that the guy is a maniac, a sexually deviant individual?
And you are what if you take your cloths off for money, the larger the sum the less artistic the photographer???

Mar 26 10 04:57 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

PhoTOGA Fashion wrote:
why dont you set up another Tf before with someone who does tasteful nudes and get the shots he requires from that. shots that you would also be happy to have on the net regardless.
Then you can find out if he is legit, and also have some nice shots
then you dont have a problem with low quality snapshots potentially revolving on the net. everyone is happy...

Really good idea, but it's not possibile unfortunately sad All the MM photographers closest to me are in Rome, and I can only travel on weekends, and I cant really afford to commute back and forth at this moment. But otherwise, a very good solution.

And thanks for everyone else's imput too. At this point, since his work IS nice,  I'm simply going to say that I dont feel comfortable sending him completely nude snapshots - but see if he's still indeed interested in working.

Mar 26 10 05:02 am Link

Photographer

Christine Eadie

Charleston, South Carolina, US

I think I'd want to take the images for the 3D myself so I could control the light, etc.  So what he's asking doesn't seem logical.

Mar 26 10 05:05 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

alessandro cecconi wrote:
You know I looked at your portfolio and saw something you wrote and made me wonder. A lot of model use silly arguments just to get a thread started. Like this one. It's a silly argument simply because you very transparently imply the guy is a pervert for asking a couple of polaroids of you naked. A practice pretty common in the real world. But because of your post
everyone has condemned this guy already.
"Be carefull" scream another girl..."dont send him anything" replies another.
However what I think really is out of tune with your post is the following quote from your portfolio:

"Please note that nude and implied nude depends on how comfortable I feel with your portfolio. But the more you're willing to pay me, the more comfortable I will be".

I do not want to offend you but....really....
You write that for money you will get naked... a large sum will make you take your cloths off no matter how bad the photographer is, and then you make a post about the "artistic" content of a simple request...??? implying that the guy is a maniac, a sexually deviant individual?
And you are what if you take your cloths off for money, the larger the sum the less artistic the photographer???

Oh gosh, somehow I knew that phrase would come back to bite me in the ass. lol

No, I said that it depends on how comfortable I feel with your port first, THEN second, that if you are willing to pay me, then yes, it's more motivation to do something more explicit (like met art for example).  The truth is there's more of a market for nude models, so why not try to market myself there? That's all that phrase was about.

And no, I'm not doing this for drama. I really wasnt sure whether or not to send nude snapshots to this photogrpher for his "3D work". It just seemed strange to me. If he just needed to see me nude for reference (since I have no nude in my port), then he should have just said that, not tried to manipulate the situation by trying to justify it with something else. And from what I've seen, the 3D thing seems not to be legit.

And I havent implied anything. I've said that on all other points everything seems totally legit, and that his work is nice. The only part that put me off was wanting nude photos for a reason that doesnt sound realistic.

PS. It isnt a paid shoot.

Mar 26 10 05:12 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

Christine Eadie wrote:
I think I'd want to take the images for the 3D myself so I could control the light, etc.  So what he's asking doesn't seem logical.

Thanks Christine smile That's what I'm hoping, that it's just something normal. But since I'd never encountered it before, I wasnt sure.

Mar 26 10 05:13 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

JQ:FIYAR wrote:
It's not that weird a request actually. My take from it is that he wanted to take standard reference photos such as these:

But I could be wrong, hell we ALL could be wrong, so the best course of action is to ask HIM to clarify.

Thanks smile I have actually replied to his message asking to explain the whole 3D thing to me and why the nudes are necessary. But because of the time difference between Italy & North America, I doubt I'll hear back from him for a while.

Mar 26 10 05:15 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Hillary Devi R wrote:

Thanks smile I have actually replied to his message asking to explain the whole 3D thing to me and why the nudes are necessary. But because of the time difference between Italy & North America, I doubt I'll hear back from him for a while.

The distance between you and the photographer is another red flag. Are you sure he is really planning on visiting Italy? What if the so-called trip falls through after you've given him what he wants?

Mar 26 10 05:22 am Link

Model

Eostre Renewed

rp_photo wrote:

The distance between you and the photographer is another red flag. Are you sure he is really planning on visiting Italy? What if the so-called trip falls through after you've given him what he wants?

I know.. which is why I dont think I'm gonna send the shots. Like Stefano pointed out in another post, if the photographer really does need the shots for something 3D, why doesnt he take them DURING our shoot?

I'm gonna offer to send pics in a bikini, and say that I'm still interested in shooting, but that sending nude snaps in this situation doesnt make me feel comfortable.

And 'what will be, will be'.

Mar 26 10 05:29 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Hillary Devi R wrote:
Like Stefano pointed out in another post, if the photographer really does need the shots for something 3D, why doesnt he take them DURING our shoot?

Not to mention lack of quality control if he relys on a llama with unknown skills, gear, and location to take them.

JQ:FIYAR wrote:

These were obviously taken under controlled professional studio conditions, and wouldn't be as useful for legitimate purposes if taken by an average person.

As far as him clarifying, it will either be more BS or eternal silence, probably the latter.

Mar 26 10 05:37 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

https://www.digitalartform.com/assets/compSG_v01_600.jpg

Maybe he needs proportions and measurements, not photographic texture.

https://www.digitalartform.com/assets_c/2009/12/Apnea_Knives_sfw_v08-thumb-512x682-509.jpg

In that case I would think a bikini would be good enough.

Mar 26 10 07:55 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Every llama M or F that offers to do nudes, especially for pay, should have something like these Gomi shots ready to show the photographer in advance... several views and no make-up. Absolutely no question then about a llama's body type; shape; posture; proportions; major skin issues such as large surgical or injury scars; body hair; tan marks; tats; piercings; breast implants; and all the rest. If you want the pay you have to play.

18   both links

L I N K

Akira Gomi, World Wide Beauty Project
7 view standardised shots
reduced size samples

His whole project series is here

L I N K

Studio36

Mar 26 10 11:26 am Link