Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

255 West wrote:

Fergy wrote:
You're a guy.  There is no way us to make you understand.  Don't try to tell anyone that boobs don't turn guys on.  Since that is one of the first things they check out on a woman.

The world has no need for many things, but you see MANY MANY people look at photos of boobs, fake or other wise DAILY.  There is really no argument.  There will continue to be models that shoot nude, there will continue to be photographs of boobs whether you think they are fake or not.  And I bet you can't always tell the difference.

+1000DD

I think that Fergy just made the case for "large-breast-envy stems from insecurity from being under-appreciated by men".
This "I'm just doing it for me" is a failure to recognize and address deep feelings of hurt which will likely persist even after getting bigger breasts.

I have no easy answers, I'm just noticing what's going on, and feeling sad about it.

What about those of us who have implants and have no interest in men?

Apr 25 11 06:28 am Link

Photographer

TheNormGallerys

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
It's not like anybody's looking . . . .

But if you do want to get them augmented, don't use a local doctor . . . . go to the best few in the country and you'll get breasts that nobody will be able to tell they are done.

Great boobjobs are undetectable . . . . Bad, cheap ones can be spotted a block away.

I know about these things . . . . I've shot thousands of women over the years for Playboy & Penthouse and I've seen the best and the worst.

Don't be one of the worst !

KM

KM knows of which he speaks, believe him!

Apr 25 11 06:37 am Link

Model

OC Girl

Costa Mesa, California, US

Are you on birth control?  The estrogen can make your boobs grow.  It doesn't happen to every women, but it does to the majority.   Perhaps try that before undergoing expensive and evasive surgery.

Apr 25 11 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Image K wrote:
When I was 18, there were a lot of things that I thought I would never do...

lol

heehee

Apr 25 11 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

Molecular Art

Seattle, Washington, US

I think everyone should do what is best for them.

That being said, I am not a huge fan of them,
for me, they don't look the same fully nude.

Apr 25 11 12:17 pm Link

Model

MisNatalie Ann

Okoboji, Iowa, US

OC Girl wrote:
Are you on birth control?  The estrogen can make your boobs grow.  It doesn't happen to every women, but it does to the majority.   Perhaps try that before undergoing expensive and evasive surgery.

Yes- I am and have been for over a year.. No change sad

Apr 25 11 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

255 West

New York, New York, US

Natasha240 wrote:

What about those of us who have implants and have no interest in men?

That's a different thread.

Apr 26 11 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Virgin Isles Test Shoot

Flora, Illinois, US

Sirensong wrote:

You sidestepped the questions.
I asked if the real/natural breast examples given were still attractive/better than fakes.
Its all very well saying natural is better if they are a decent enough set but not everyone has those.

Ive been bald since I was 8 years old, trust me if I havent excepted myself for who and what I am by now I will never do so, but now I get to do it with nice new boobs.

So technically given your logic, I like myself more..so my mate would like me more too tongue

Of all the fakes I have seen and of all the real...real has always looked better. Bottom line...if you can tell it is a fake, after that it is just a fake. Saccharin. Artificial plants. Paper roses. Not organic living.

If a person unnecessarily cuts on their body because he/she does not like him/herself, we get that person psychiatric help. If a person hires someone else to to put him/her into a coma and cut on his/her body because he/she does not like him/herself we call it improved self esteem.

I find it interesting that statistically Caucasians, a minority race on the planet, are significantly more likely to both cut on themselves over self esteem issues and by a similar ratio (77.9%. Source: The American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) 2009 statistics) are more likely of all races and ethnicities to have breast augmentation surgery. Do you think that there is a correlation there?

Apr 27 11 11:45 am Link

Model

Natasha240

255 West wrote:

How so?

Apr 27 11 12:03 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

School Boy Heart wrote:

If you want to have a different look, why could'nt you use the falsies or a padded bra occasionaly ?

Realize also, I know you said you would only do it for you, but, then again, you said you would then shoot nude.

Be aware, the world has no need whatsoever for photographs of fake boobs. None. Period.

totally your own opinion...

and in my opinion, your opinion is full of shit.

Apr 27 11 01:36 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

Aivy Nguyen wrote:
I'm only a 32A and I don't think I would ever get fake boobs. Anywaayyy...

Cons? My mom and older sister both got fake boobs and it was NOT fun taking care of them during their recovery. They could barely move, had to sleep while sitting, couldn't eat certain things, had to take pain meds but were still in pain anyway, couldn't really shower by themselves, couldn't lift their arms or carry anything, could barely walk, yada yada. You get the idea. There's also the cost of course.

Pros? I guess you would have nicer boobs...depending on how good your surgeon is. My mom and sister got theirs done by a Japanese surgeon and they look pretty natural to me (not that I'm a boobs expert or anything). I don't know if it's the difference between western and eastern tastes or anything, but I tend to notice that American surgeons give you more of that bouncy balloon-like look whereas Asian surgeons give you more of a soft natural look. Of course, the boobs are gonna feel fake regardless unless you get the silicon ones (from what I've been told). You might also find it easier to wear certain clothes when you have fuller breasts.

I was able to lift my arms above my head a couple days after surgery.  I was in pain, but pain meds helped.  I could eat whatever I wanted, drink whatever I wanted, do whatever I wanted.  I was lifting my 2 year old out of the car a week after surgery.

Barely walk?  They got surgery on their tits, not their feet. 

And the whole thing about the surgeons is crap.  It is different everywhere.

Apr 27 11 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

255 West

New York, New York, US

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:
How many women get breast augmentation surgeries each year? How many women die from breast augmentation surgeries each year? Actually: how many women died from breast enhancement surgery between 2000 & 2010 of the millions who opted for the procedure?

How many people actually know someone personally who has surgically enhanced breasts? Of those, how many have had complications? How many wish they'd never done it? Not friends of friends of neighbors of coworkers who saw someone on tv. You know them personally and have had direct discussion with them about the factthat they're having issues with their implants and wish they'd never done it?

By contrast, of those who know women who've elected to have the surgery done, how many of those women are so fucking delighted with themselves that they don't have time to hear you whine about how one in a million women die from the procedure in a decade.

Trying to scare people away from an elective surgery with isolated incidents is just as silly as it sounds. Be fair with the facts.

You make a good point, sort of.
My larger point about this death is that it was UNnecessary surgery. She died for her concept of beauty and (likely) to overcome some deep seated feeling of inferiority based on an irrational belief, namely, that more breasts=more happiness ... less breast = less happiness.

It's sad enough when someone dies during necessary surgery, but it's tragic beyond belief when the death was from a totally UNnecessary surgery.

I feel women's desire to enlarge her breasts is really a desire to enlarge her wounded ego, and the breast enlargement surgery will almost certainly NOT alleviate that.

Apr 27 11 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

255 West wrote:

Natasha240 wrote:
How so?

Hmm, I notice that he didn't answer you but continued trolling in the thread...  wink

Apr 27 11 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Kincaid Blackwood

Los Angeles, California, US

255 West wrote:
You make a good point, sort of.
My larger point about this death is that it was UNnecessary surgery. She died for her concept of beauty and (likely) to overcome some deep seated feeling of inferiority based on an irrational belief, namely, that more breasts=more happiness ... less breast = less happiness.

It's sad enough when someone dies during necessary surgery, but it's tragic beyond belief when the death was from a totally UNnecessary surgery.

I feel women's desire to enlarge her breasts is really a desire to enlarge her wounded ego, and the breast enlargement surgery will almost certainly NOT alleviate that.

I've heard of people dying in plane crashes when they took UNnecessary, elected vacations to the Cayman Islands.

I've heard of people drowning in UNnecessary, elected boatrides.

I've heard of people being killed in car accidents from unnecessary, elected joyrides in their cars.

I've heard of people… you get the point.  You have issues with implants; we get that.  But don't misrepresent the facts by embellishing your statistics by lamenting about some tragedy and making a social commentary on it.  It was a rhetorical question at first but, please, answer it outright:  out of the surgeries performed over the past decade, how many have resulted in deaths?  1 in 500,000?  1 in 1 million?  1 in 5 million? 

You're probably more likely to be struck by lightning on the second time you've won the lottery while holding the winning ticket and talking to the POTUS on his cell phone…

Apr 27 11 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

255 West

New York, New York, US

Jay  Edwards wrote:
Hmm, I notice that he didn't answer you but continued trolling in the thread...  wink

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:
I've heard of people dying in plane crashes when they took UNnecessary, elected vacations to the Cayman Islands.

I've heard of people being killed in car accidents from unnecessary, elected joyrides in their cars.

I've heard of people… you get the point.  You have issues with implants; we get that.  But don't misrepresent the facts by embellishing your statistics by lamenting about some tragedy and making a social commentary on it.  It was a rhetorical question at first but, please, answer it outright:  out of the surgeries performed over the past decade, how many have resulted in deaths?  1 in 500,000?  1 in 1 million?  1 in 5 million? 

You're probably more likely to be struck by lightning on the second time you've won the lottery while holding the winning ticket and talking to the POTUS on his cell phone…

You're right.

Apr 27 11 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Virgin Isles Test Shoot

Flora, Illinois, US

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:

Oh my gosh, your analogy is so way off base! Did you even bother to look up numbers before you posted drivel?

2010 U.S.A. STATISTICAL DATA
• Deaths attributed to unnecessary surgery: Apx. 12,000 out of 7.5 million unnecessary procedures. That's 1 in 625, not one in 500,000 or a million or even 5 million. One in 625 surgeries! (Congressional Research Office)

• Deaths Attributed to plane crash: Zero out of 722 million passengers. That's 0 in 722 million. (National Transportation Safety Board)

• Joy riding: No one keeps statistics on 'joy riding' per se, or number of transits in vehicles, so lets extrapolate from the closest data (2008). Speeding related fatalities: 11,674. Deaths per 100 million vehicle miles of travel: 1.25 or .0125 per million or 1 in 80 million miles of travel. Deaths per 100,000 population: 12.25 or 122.5 per million for 1 in 81,630.
(U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)

• Deaths attributed to Boats: 736 out of 82 million boaters (12.7 million U.S. registered boats). That's 1 in 111,413. (U.S. Coast Guard)

• Deaths attributed to Smoking: 443,000 out of 47 million. 1 in 106. (American Council for Drug Education)

(Wow...your chances of surviving unnecessary surgery are less than six times better than a 65 year old smoker living to age 66.)

• Chances of being struck by lightning twice: 1 in 360
billion
. (U.S. Department of Energy)

Quite clearly, Mr. Blackwood, you are the one "misrepresent(ing) the facts by embellishing your statistics". The numbers clearly show that unnecessary surgery is many, many times more fatal than all categories except smoking.

Stop guessing about people's health!

I wonder what the numbers are for a smoker getting a boob job?

Apr 27 11 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Karl Callwood wrote:
2010 U.S.A. STATISTICAL DATA
• Deaths attributed to unnecessary surgery: Apx. 12,000 out of 7.5 million unnecessary procedures. That's 1 in 625, not one in 500,000 or a million or even 5 million. One in 625 surgeries! (Congressional Research Office)

Interesting stats.  What are the numbers for just breast augmentation procedures? (the topic of this thread)

Apr 27 11 08:25 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Natasha240 wrote:

How so?

Apr 29 11 09:08 am Link

Model

Daniels Marie

San Diego, California, US

fake body parts are lame.
but do wat make u smile

Apr 30 11 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Virgin Isles Test Shoot

Flora, Illinois, US

Jay  Edwards wrote:
Interesting stats.  What are the numbers for just breast augmentation procedures? (the topic of this thread)

The risk factor is the same as for any unnecessary surgical procedure. The risk is not the so much the augmentation (although there are some risks specific to the procedure)...the main risk is the surgery itself. However, those who opt for breast augmentation surgery put themselves at higher risk because additional surgeries will be needed later on. Implants degrade. They do not last a lifetime and at some point a surgeon has to go back in and replace a degraded implant. Implants can also be damaged, break or fall loose.

Some common surgical risks are: post operative bleeding; infection; reaction to anesthesia; and fluid build up or seroma, among others.

*There is some indication of a higher suicide rate among breast augmentation patients although it is highly debatable as to whether or not the procedure plays a part. Many of the women getting the procedure already were suffering from low self esteem (hence the surgery) and often various stages of depression. One research study theorizes that the depressive symptoms worsen post-surgery when an expected boost in self image does not occur.

*Source: http://www.breastimplantanswers.com/exp … ology.html

May 04 11 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Karl Callwood wrote:
The risk factor is the same as for any unnecessary surgical procedure. The risk is not the so much the augmentation (although there are some risks specific to the procedure)...the main risk is the surgery itself. However, those who opt for breast augmentation surgery put themselves at higher risk because additional surgeries will be needed later on. Implants degrade. They do not last a lifetime and at some point a surgeon has to go back in and replace a degraded implant. Implants can also be damaged, break or fall loose.

Some common surgical risks are: post operative bleeding; infection; reaction to anesthesia; and fluid build up or seroma, among others.

*There is some indication of a higher suicide rate among breast augmentation patients although it is highly debatable as to whether or not the procedure plays a part. Many of the women getting the procedure already were suffering from low self esteem (hence the surgery) and often various stages of depression. One research study theorizes that the depressive symptoms worsen post-surgery when an expected boost in self image does not occur.

*Source: http://www.breastimplantanswers.com/exp … ology.html

Thanks, but you did not answer my question (and I already knew the other common-knowledge stuff you mentioned).

May 04 11 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Accidental Plateau

Brooklyn, New York, US

Natalie Ann143 wrote:
Guys I'm doing this for ME not photographers or others.. just saying smile

Set the money aside. Invest it.

When you are 35, take an awesome vacation.

May 04 11 04:30 pm Link

Model

_cupcake_

You could always invest in one of those crazy pushup bras from Victoria's Secret :] I'm a 34B as well, and i got one of those bras and it gave me nice big boobies :] I know its not a permanent solution, but its a easy fix for while you really stop and think about it. It is real surgery with real risks, it will cost a good bit of money and there is always the chance that they don't turn out as well as you want. But on the other hand- they could be perfect! And they could make you happy. You're young and beautiful. Think about it.

May 04 11 04:36 pm Link

Model

Leeta S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bare Essential Photos wrote:
10 out of 10 times I prefer natural boobs, regardless of size, over fake ones. Natural boobs bounce and fake ones don't ... LOL

You're beautiful as you are : )

Gabby

May 04 11 07:29 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Natalie Ann143 wrote:
Pros-Cons..Opinions? If anyone has them and they would feel more comfortable pm'ing me about it that would be great as well.. Im debating.. Im a SMALL 34B right now and I can honestly say I HATE my boobs.. It makes me so uncomfortable.. Not that there is anything WRONG with them.. Just small!

Tell me all the good bad and ugly please smile

Nat
xoxxo

You're making me think of Clint Eastwood so I'll just be random and give you the Gorillaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ZUHbLHMBs

That's the inner

I'll preface my opinions by stating this:
The most valued opinion on this matter is your own.

If you can't grow into your own body and be comfortable with it, then implants can be an option.  Just remember, they'll have to get replaced a few times before you're dead.  There are other dangers that can be easily researched on the net in a nanosecond.  That's that.

I highly suggest reading the 'Beauty Myth' by Naomi Wolf.  It's a great book.  It may or may not change your perception on this matter.

Ask yourself the main reason why you want them? 
For how you look at yourself or how others look at you?

Implants are a lot of maintenance and involve health risks.  Sure, there are great doctors and there are plenty of women that have them without a problem. 

Just remember it's human nature to embrace what we have.  If you haven't noticed all of the boob threads lately there are diehard opinions from A to Zwink

On that note, I have always thought it was a mark of confidence and grace to accept oneself & others 'as is'. 

There is immense beauty in us all, exactly that way.

-Jules

Or you can always move out of the U.S.tongue

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=5285

May 04 11 08:51 pm Link

Model

Seker Pare

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

I think youre gorgeous without them, and as others have so eloquently already stated there are long, as in LONG-term health consequences that go with this procedure.  Should you ever have a child, what will happen as your breasts expand to bear milk?  I also feel, as others do that it will throw your proportions all off.  Ive know several models who have a petite body but a DD chest and it looks like they swallowed two basketballs.

Save your money, dont do this.  For me, small and real beats huge and fake any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Whilst I don't really think she should do anything to her breasts - in answer to your question about breast feeding and fake boobs - my mother had her breasts enhanced after one of my brothers. Since then she has had another baby and it did not affect her breasts much at all. Her boobs just became gigantic for a while - as they do, she was able to breast feed just fine and her breasts look absolutely fine.

But things can go wrong for some people - losing sensitivity, they can sit unnaturally, in a lot of cases they look obvious and might nt be as nice to feel or touch.

You could give them some time - your breasts could change by themselves. It depends what you want and when and can you afford to fix a mistake or what if you decide you really hate them afterwards?

May 05 11 12:11 am Link

Model

Miz Raven

Fallbrook, California, US

Ok well i only read some of these post - there were so many.  You have all these people that are anti boob job.  I had 2 children and was a 36c before and a 38h during pregnancy.  I only gained a maximum of 28 pounds per pregnancy.  Now I am a deflated 36b.  I just did my first topless shoot and - I'm not blind it looked like crap!  I work extremely hard on my body but there is no way to fix my boobs without surgery period.  I bet people - including me - will like seeing a full d rather than a deflated b (I need a lift too).

May 11 11 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Natalie Ann143 wrote:
Pros-Cons..Opinions? If anyone has them and they would feel more comfortable pm'ing me about it that would be great as well.. Im debating.. Im a SMALL 34B right now and I can honestly say I HATE my boobs.. It makes me so uncomfortable.. Not that there is anything WRONG with them.. Just small!

Tell me all the good bad and ugly please smile

Nat
xoxxo

small boobs taste delicious and that is all that matters.

May 11 11 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

Kincaid Blackwood

Damn, I hate that I missed this when you posted it.

Karl Callwood wrote:
Quite clearly, Mr. Blackwood, you are the one "misrepresent(ing) the facts by embellishing your statistics". The numbers clearly show that unnecessary surgery is many, many times more fatal than all categories except smoking.

Stop guessing about people's health!

I wonder what the numbers are for a smoker getting a boob job?

I'm sorry… please clarify for me because I'm not particularly bright:

Out of the total number of woman who opted to have breast enhancement surgery (not blanket elective surgery, pal) how many died?

Don't pad your stats with the number of people who got elective surgery for other things.  We're talking about breast augmentation.

May 11 11 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

Fake boobs should be avoided at all COST because artistic nude photographers avoid them like the plague. They look so phony.

Gabby

May 11 11 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Kincaid Blackwood

Fake boobs should be avoided at all COST because artistic nude photographers avoid them like the plague.

The OP has made it clear that she's not doing it for modeling purposes and, therefore, the whims of artistic nude photographers is inconsequential…

May 11 11 05:34 pm Link

Model

sofija

Boston, Massachusetts, US

OP- it's your body. It's your decision. People can argue until the cows come home but none of it matters, it's what you choose.

May 11 11 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Fake boobs should be avoided at all COST because artistic nude photographers avoid them like the plague. They look so phony.

Gabby

really?  I know a model a few models who will tell you otherwise.  Maybe YOU avoid them like the plague?

May 11 11 05:42 pm Link

Clothing Designer

DeathGlam

Lincoln, New Hampshire, US

May 11 11 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

To Damon Banner --

I'm just giving some advice. Models considering getting fake boobs deserve that much.

Gabby

May 11 11 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Carle Photography

Oakland, California, US

DP

May 11 11 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Carle Photography

Oakland, California, US

Gabby

Yea right...

Not all of them do....

May 11 11 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

i didn't even need to page her!  smile

May 11 11 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

To Death of Field and Damon Banner --

Just ask Clothing Designer DeathGlam about fake boobs.

Gabby

May 11 11 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Carle Photography

Oakland, California, US

Damon Banner wrote:
i didn't even need to page her!  smile

Smooch...

I'm playing with my boobs right now....

And the 500+ artists and photographers most of who do fine art nudes did not seem to have a problem with my fake titties either.

May 11 11 05:53 pm Link