Forums > Model Colloquy > Say something nice about a MM photographer

Photographer

The Falcons Nest

Brooklyn, New York, US

I've been reading thread after thread about; GWCs, perv photographers and "bad experiences. Does any model have anything nice to say about am MM photographer? If you do, here's your opportunity to share.

Tell us about your favorite photographer to work with on MM or your most fun experience collaborating with a photographer on here.

It would be nice to read something pleasant about someone for a change. And I'm sure that the photographers on here that carry themselves as pleasant professionals wouldn't mind some good press.

Apr 21 11 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

I'm waiting...tick, tick, tick,

...still waiting...

Apr 21 11 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

shhhhh, I hear crickets big_smile

https://blog.ecosmart.com/wp-content/j-crickett.jpg

Apr 21 11 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

L2Photography net

University City, Missouri, US

Can I be my favorite photographer. lol
L2

Apr 21 11 03:18 pm Link

Model

Cora Thompson

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

My Photographer in St. Louis is very nice and has an amazing eye for shots! It also helps that I've known him since i was 12 years old!

Apr 21 11 03:20 pm Link

Model

Cora Thompson

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

L2Photography wrote:
Can I be my favorite photographer. lol
L2

As can I!!!

Model

MadameKitty

Palmer - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by Argentina/Chile/UK, Antarctica

i've worked with hundreds of people from MM, i can count the bad eggs on one hand. wink

Photographer

ericphotonyc

Brooklyn, New York, US

I have a man crush on:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/546233

He is so charming and his accent is dreamy.

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

The Falcons Nest wrote:
pleasant professionals

No, I have my street cred reputation think of.

Model

Elisinor

Santa Rosa, California, US

My first implied shoot I was terrified. The photographer was wonderful- he got me to relax, made me comfortable, provided me with amazing images, and paid me for what I thought was a TF shoot. I can't wait to work with him again.

I've also done a few shoots with photographers whose work wasn't quite as good as I look for now that I'm being picky, but showed promise. Two of them surprised me with beautiful images far beyond anything previously in their portfolio.

I also have a photographer on here whom I've never met, but who has mentored me and is an incredibly dear friend.

Apr 21 11 03:21 pm Link

Model

Bunny Bombshell

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Art Schotz: https://www.modelmayhem.com/52971, worked with him for the 3rd time again a few weeks ago and he sent me some edits earlier today. The shoot was very successful and definitely look forward to working with him again in the near future ^_^

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/FemmeFatale9/20110327ArtSchotzSelinaK0037__ART5583.jpg

Apr 21 11 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Happy Birthday Steven E!

Apr 21 11 03:23 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

I like Neil Snape because even though he is experienced and very talented, he is always willing to give advice to anyone who needs it, and always in a respectful constructive manner

and I like Cameljack, a local photographer here, for giving me a chance when I first started out and for working with me 4 times since then (like the picture from my avatar), and for helping me grow as a model

and I like all the other photographers that have helped me, listen to me whine, made great work with me, helped me out when I was in trouble, cheered me on when I did well and inspired me along the way, even when I didn't know them, just by putting out amazing work for us to see.

yeey photographers smile

Apr 21 11 03:50 pm Link

Model

JillianBlaire

New York, New York, US

John Bailey MM #23739

awesome professional helpful...talented!!!

even helped me out when I needed wardrobe for a shoot that had nothing to do with him!!

he is in Long Island NY

Apr 21 11 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Say something nice about a MM photographer

WOW... don't know where to begin.  Know hundreds of great and talented supershooters.  Many of them have quotes on the MM page.  Feel free to check'm out... they all get major 'high fives' from me... borat

Apr 21 11 04:05 pm Link

Model

RagDollSally

Santa Barbara, California, US

MM #1018163: Matthew E Hill.

He and I spent a little over 5 hours together hiking up in Ojai, and we got some really great shots. I love his work and he was extremely helpful. He even carried me through a creek so I wouldn't get wet. tongue

I'm extremely happy with the end results and I would love to work with him again.

Also,

MM #1296441: Chris Hughes.

He's like an older brother to me, he's helped me learn so much about modeling and he actually spotted me when I was his cashier at Target a couple years back, and that's pretty much how I started.

I hope to find more wonderful people to work with in the future through here as well.

Apr 21 11 04:15 pm Link

Model

Laurel Rae

Tucson, Arizona, US

jeff bowlin is amazing smile

Apr 21 11 04:22 pm Link

Model

MacFish

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

I'm marrying one this year!

*does dance

Apr 21 11 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

The Falcons Nest

Brooklyn, New York, US

Abagale Taylor wrote:
MM #1018163: Matthew E Hill.

He and I spent a little over 5 hours together hiking up in Ojai, and we got some really great shots. I love his work and he was extremely helpful. He even carried me through a creek so I wouldn't get wet. tongue

I'm extremely happy with the end results and I would love to work with him again.

Also,

MM #1296441: Chris Hughes.

He's like an older brother to me, he's helped me learn so much about modeling and he actually spotted me when I was his cashier at Target a couple years back, and that's pretty
much how I started.

I think you know what you're talking about. Very nice shots.

I hope to find more wonderful people to work with in the future through here as well.

Apr 21 11 05:27 pm Link

Model

Little Alice

Chicago, Illinois, US

Apr 21 11 05:47 pm Link

Retoucher

Retouch Artistry

Lansing, Michigan, US

I've met many great photographers on this site. Hell, I married one! Amusingly, he's now married to one (an MM photographer) too. wink

Apr 21 11 05:51 pm Link

Model

Amelia Talon

Seattle, Washington, US

Let's see here,

Robert Christopher #15776
Always very creative and someone I love to photographically explore with and gave me the most positive experiences with modeling.

Philipe #96411
Ridiculously talented, I couldn't believe he made those chrome bustiers in his photo's. He was very relaxing to shoot with and overall a really good guy.

Alberto Bevacqua #431145
A very cool dude, I had fun shooting with him and his metal work. smile

Jaime Ibarra #59023
The man is obviously a genius. Wonderful guy, very funny and he makes sure there's never a dull moment.

Barry Druxman #2484
Have to say he's pretty darn intimidating but was very humorous.

Apr 21 11 07:10 pm Link

Model

Beatrix Mae

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm going to say nice things about Two MM Photographers:)

https://www.modelmayhem.com/4440
Jeanloup- hands down my favourite Phony french man I've had the pleasure of posing nude with whilst he ate a doughnut from another nude model's finger. More like hanging out with a good friend. He has an amazing outlook on life and well my Boyfriend has a huge man crush on him so that must mean something too...right? but in all seriousness, working with Jeanloup is truly a collaboration. I pitch him ideas and he builds them into a solid theme and vise versa. He truly brings out my twisted creative side.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/5456
Francis- very sweet and easy going, he has a big heart and has really become a true friend. he works really hard with his art and as a result he has gotten me published all accross the world:)

Apr 21 11 07:20 pm Link

Model

Dove KT

Tacoma, Washington, US

http://www.modelmayhem.com/1148405

Julia is fantastic, even if she's not active on MM anymore- great at what she does, energetic, friendly, creative, directive, etc.  I had a ton of fun with her, and she's only become an even better photographer in the past couple of years.  Out of all the people I've shot with, almost all of whom were wonderful, she was definitely my favourite.  That and she has an absolutely adorable kiddo now :-)

Apr 21 11 07:22 pm Link

Model

Goodbye4

Wara Model wrote:
i've worked with hundreds of people from MM, i can count the bad eggs on one hand. wink

Same. I would honestly say that 99% of people I've worked with have been amazing, both professionally and personally. I've created some great images and formed some great friendships with a lot of photographers.

Apr 21 11 07:26 pm Link

Model

Kakarotte

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Honestly, almost every photographer I've worked with has been great. #347281 Armando Rosales is beyond amazing, though, and he's pretty high up there as far as favorites.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090721/12/4a6612002927e.jpg

Apr 26 11 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

the team of Ed and Dessie: https://www.modelmayhem.com/47246

they let me walk in their house without knocking and let me drink their beer ...

my eyes well up whenever i think of them ~

Apr 26 11 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Sawin

Carlsbad, California, US

this should be good.  tongue

Apr 26 11 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Sawin

Carlsbad, California, US

Wara Model wrote:

and how many eggs can you hold in one hand?

Apr 26 11 06:15 pm Link

Model

-Aviva-

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Everyone that I have on my credit list has been great to work with smile

I have yet to have an issue with anyone that I meet through MM.

But my favorite to work with is IMS #416856

Aviva
www.aviva-model.blogspot.com

Apr 26 11 09:19 pm Link

Model

Dane Halo

San Francisco, California, US

Oh my gosh, my favourite photographers.  As if I could even begin a list.

I've been lucky to work with SO many fantastic photographers and even more than that, amazing human beings.

Thank you, to each and every photographer I've worked with (especially those I've given big hugs to after our shoot). smile I don't hug people I don't like!

Apr 26 11 09:31 pm Link

Model

Lucia Quinn

Foxborough, Massachusetts, US

As of right now, Cedric Smith would have to be one of my all-time favorites from MM.

He's so easy to work with, and we keep each other laughing constantly. I've never felt uncomfortable around him, even during my first nude shoot. Not only is he fun to work with, he's great with turning out pictures. I usually have several by the end of the day.

Apr 26 11 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I make a mean Latte.

Apr 26 11 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

smoothgroove

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

Terry Richardson

(might not be on MM anymore)

May 03 11 03:54 pm Link

Model

Sie ist Idaho

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

I have heaps of love for many of the folks I've had the pleasure of working with on Model Mayhem, my list would be very, very long to say the least.

May 03 11 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Gasoline Photography

Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Marianne Michaela wrote:
I like Neil Snape because even though he is experienced and very talented, he is always willing to give advice to anyone who needs it, and always in a respectful constructive manner.

This. +1000

May 03 11 11:40 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

I've worked with a ton of amazing and lovely people, but I see no flaw in calling one out. wink

(not to say my favorite, but one of many who are amazing artists and lovely to work with)

https://www.modelmayhem.com/1645635

I was contacted by a clothing designer who wanted to shoot his latest creation. I got to the shoot, with a great MUA but I instantly loved the photographer. The entire team was great, and I got to play around in a wig at a tattoo parlor with one of the most talented and fun women I've ever met.

I was free to play whatever characters and emotions I could come up with, with just the right amount of direction. I felt like my efforts and talents were a great match for her creative eye and use of angles and scenery.

My only regret about the shoot is that it happened several months ago and we haven't shot again since. It's definitely on my to-do list.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/101206/18/4cfd9eecb29e1_m.jpg

May 03 11 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

le roy le croix

Grove Place, Saint Croix, Virgin Islands of the United States

K I C K H A M wrote:
I've worked with a ton of amazing and lovely people, but I see no flaw in calling one out. wink

(not to say my favorite, but one of many who are amazing artists and lovely to work with)

https://www.modelmayhem.com/1645635

I was contacted by a clothing designer who wanted to shoot his latest creation. I got to the shoot, with a great MUA but I instantly loved the photographer. The entire team was great, and I got to play around in a wig at a tattoo parlor with one of the most talented and fun women I've ever met.

I was free to play whatever characters and emotions I could come up with, with just the right amount of direction. I felt like my efforts and talents were a great match for her creative eye and use of angles and scenery.

My only regret about the shoot is that it happened several months ago and we haven't shot again since. It's definitely on my to-do list.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/101206/18/4cfd9eecb29e1_m.jpg

Aww, thanks Kickham smile
You were amazing to work with.  I would totally work with you again in a heartbeat. smile
Also, that shoot was a keystone shoot for me.  It marked a real growth in my photography (or at least I believe ;P ).

May 03 11 11:58 pm Link

Model

Victoria Gail

Denver, Colorado, US

My favorite photographer hands down Dennis Taulbee -Taulbee Designs MM #21296
He is without a doubt one of the nicest kindest and all around most decent human beings I've been privileged to meet. Not only is he an excellent photographer but he has the most amazing personality and just radiates such love for the art~it's always a gift to be in his presence. I don't think many of us could survive the physical and emotional pain and personal losses he has had to endure and still retain such a positive attitude, you'd have to read his profile to appreciate what I'm saying but wow what an admirable and courageous guy, you won't see any of my pics in his port even though we've shot like 6 or 7 times ~He doesn't think that a 16 yr old's glamour/pinup pics should be in a port with mature images and I highly respect him for that. He has morals and a work ethic I respect, 2 of the 3 photos that helped me win model of the week were shot by him, while either sitting in his wheelchair in horrible pain or from his hospital bed. He has helped me understand the meaning of the word perseverance and I'm blessed to be able to refer to him as a friend.

May 04 11 12:38 am Link

Model

Alyx Carbon

Norfolk, Virginia, US

Everyone in my credits section, plus some who have seriously surprised me with wardrobe, make-up and even candy to take home afterwards! Also all of them give models the amount that they are worth and don't think twice about it!
^^^Bob and Gigi: #801888
And my amazing fetish guys!
FrancisXphotoCo: #1894428
GWR Productions: #140814

May 04 11 11:55 am Link