Forums > General Industry > Can short models make it in the industry?

Photographer

JRSFoto

San Francisco, California, US

5'4''  and this in your profile; I am quite busy during this spring and summer so I am currently doing VERY limited TFP* for makeup.

NO NUDITY OR LINGERIE

Absolutely No, Never, Not-ta, No Mas

Think bottom of the food chain; www.newmodels.com  some realistic infomation.

Go have fun taking some pretty pictures for the art of it, the business will eat you alive and spit you out.

Go to www.models.com  click on the agency tab, open any agencies website, and see their requirements.

Add all that plus your 21, which unless you are the next coming of any super model of the past, no no no no no no no. Stay in school, study hard.

Jun 10 11 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Saadiq Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Ashleigh Wong wrote:
1. Can anybody tell me how I can get started or which Canadian agencies accept 'short' models? 2. I'm also wondering how I can get specifically into doing beauty shots for pay.

Any input would be helpful!

The short answer to your thread topic is NO for the most part!  However, there have been a few exceptions to the basic rules of this industry.

1. IMHO no agency will be able to help you at this point until you have the needed tools (quality images and camera awareness).

2. Even though this isn't the "critique" forum I'd say based on your displayed images... receiving pay and or requesting pay for beauty work is only a dream at this point.  "No harm intended"

:hope: www.elitemodel.com (Miami) (women) Diana Morales... she's only 5'5

Good luck smile

Jun 10 11 08:30 am Link

Model

Dina Ova

Arlington, Virginia, US

depends on your look.
all shorter models laetitia casta,joanna krupa,kate moss-posed nude and did glamour modeling to get $

Jun 11 11 08:59 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

In fashion? No.

In arts, glamor, erotica, alternative/niche and fetish content, promotional gigs, fitness modeling, etc? Yes, absolutely.

Jun 11 11 09:11 am Link

Photographer

NYB

Albany, New York, US

I meet girls every year who are 5-3 or 5-4 looking to get into the modeling business and sign up with a NY agency. These are all lovely girls but it's just not going to happen for them.

Why would you a hire short girl when you can hire a taller one who is 5-9 or above, statuesque with long legs??

Jun 11 11 09:24 am Link

Photographer

OpenMinds

Paradise Valley, Arizona, US

OP... yer a cute girl.  But the world is full of them.
Do I expect you to make any kind of career as a model?  Absolutely not.
Do I expect you to do a few shots as a hobby?  Sure
Will you still be doing that hobby in a year?  Not likely

Just my take on it

Jun 11 11 09:35 am Link