Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > good diet for someone who doesn't like vegetables

Model

The Duchess of Dork

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Angela Borras wrote:
So my boyfriend wants to diet but he doesn't like vegetables or fish.

What diet would be good for someone who doesn't eat vegetables.

I might suggest learning how to prepare vegetables in a way that he will like. For example, my husband has learned to like vegetables a lot more because he eats less sugar. Now, vegetables taste better.

Jul 12 11 05:56 am Link

Photographer

Erick Prince

Austin, Texas, US

Damianne wrote:
There's no "good" diet without any veggies.
You need veggies.

It can be decent. With proper supplementation and quantity moderation he can have a good diet plan. The issue is discipline I think. It doesn't sound like he dislikes ALL vegetables. Just some. It seems to me it's less about texture than taste because each of the vegetables she said he likes I can think of two that have the same texture each. For example Lettuce and Cabbage or Brussel Sprouts for the most part.

Jul 12 11 06:06 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Angela Borras wrote:
So my boyfriend wants to diet but he doesn't like vegetables or fish.

The Duchess of Dork wrote:
I might suggest learning how to prepare vegetables in a way that he will like. For example, my husband has learned to like vegetables a lot more because he eats less sugar. Now, vegetables taste better.

So the answer to the question of what to eat if you don't eat vegetables is to force them to eat vegetables...

Amazing

Jul 12 11 06:07 am Link

Model

The Duchess of Dork

Carl Roberts wrote:
So the answer to the question of what to eat if you don't eat vegetables is to force them to eat vegetables...

Amazing

Yeah, pretty much. Sorry, but you need vegetables to uh.. live. You might live okay without them, but you're not going to be very healthy without the fiber and vitamins that vegetables provide.

Besides, there are thousands of varieties of vegetables out there. I very much doubt that anyone can hate ALL of them.

Jul 12 11 06:10 am Link

Photographer

tenrocK photo

New York, New York, US

Angela Borras wrote:

He says he doesn't like the texture hmm

Soups! Hot or cold. A blender can do miracles in a kitchen.

Jul 12 11 06:32 am Link

Model

The Duchess of Dork

tenrocK photo wrote:

Soups! Hot or cold. A blender can do miracles in a kitchen.

Yes!! Crock pots are fantastic. Easy recipe:

3 carrots (cut into circles)
3 celery stalks (chopped)
1 onion (cut into chunks)
2 chicken breast (cut into chunks)
1 container of low sodium chicken broth
salt/pepper to taste

throw all that shit in a crock pot on low in the morning, go to work, come home, CONSUME WITH FACE.

Jul 12 11 06:36 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

D M E C K E R T wrote:
honestly...you can do Atkins without veggies. if you don't have veg on it, a multi-vitamin is probably a great idea.  but its almost entirely made of meat and fat otherwise.  one of my favorite atkins meals was a big undercooked burger (no bun, obvsly) with a ton of cheese melted on it, dipped in mayo. *waits for the vomiting to begin from half the people who read that* i also loved the fact that i could swing by in-n-out every day and have a 4x4 protein style, and it was totally on my diet. haha.

so long as you don't go batshit insane and you keep your calorie count reasonable...you can definitely lose weight on it.

I wonder what a nutritionist would have to say about that.  yikes

Without enough fiber, from vegetables and fruits, that type of diet would cause constipation in some people - pretty serious constipation, of the injurious sort.

Jul 12 11 06:38 am Link

Model

The Duchess of Dork

ShivaKitty wrote:
I wonder what a nutritionist would have to say about that.  yikes

Without enough fiber, from vegetables and fruits, that type of diet would cause constipation in some people - pretty serious constipation, of the injurious sort.

Yeah, seriously.. you can not do Atkins without vegetables. That's the biggest misconception people have about Atkins; that it's an all out meat fest. It's not! You're supposed to eat MORE vegetables, not none! How the hell do you poop right without vegetables?? Rely on fiber capsules?? Come on, people.

Jul 12 11 06:49 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

The Duchess of Dork wrote:
Yeah, seriously.. you can not do Atkins without vegetables. That's the biggest misconception people have about Atkins; that it's an all out meat fest. It's not! You're supposed to eat MORE vegetables, not none! How the hell do you poop right without vegetables?? Rely on fiber capsules?? Come on, people.

The idea of living only on meat, as a human, is kind of horrifying. Carnivores, like cats and dogs, have very short intestines that makes it easy to digest and pass the meat through quickly. They are built that way. We are not; we have long, loopy intestines and need assistance (with fiber and water and intestinal bacterias of different sorts) to break down dense proteins and expel the wastes. My uncle's doctor said that was probably part of the reason he developed colo-rectal cancer. He ate lots of animal based protein, white flour products (no fiber in those either), and almost no vegetables, throughout his life, so he had a long history of diet-related constipation.

Jul 12 11 06:54 am Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Angela Borras wrote:

People.

Jul 12 11 07:01 am Link

Model

The Duchess of Dork

ShivaKitty wrote:

The idea of living only on meat, as a human, is kind of horrifying. Carnivores, like cats and dogs, have very short intestines that makes it easy to digest and pass the meat through quickly. They are built that way. We are not; we have long, loopy intestines and need assistance (with fiber and water and intestinal bacterias of different sorts) to break down dense proteins and expel the wastes. My uncle's doctor said that was probably part of the reason he developed colo-rectal cancer. He ate lots of animal based protein, white flour products (no fiber in those either), and almost no vegetables, throughout his life, so he had a long history of diet-related constipation.

Right. Meat is definitely a good part of our diet, but only part. Women need at least 20g of fiber a day, men, around 35g. White flour generally has what.. 1g? Or 0g? Vegetables are your best bet. They have fiber AND vitamins.

Seriously, people in China died of constipation during the Great Leap Forward. x_x EAT VEGETABLES, PEOPLE.

Jul 12 11 07:01 am Link