Forums > Photography Talk > Do You Give Your RAWs to the Model?

Photographer

Andrew Bruce

CLEARWATER BEACH, Florida, US

Absolutely not. It's not my work then. It's just photographs I clicked with my finger. The models are working specifically with me for my production style. It would be self-defeating to give RAWS to anyone.

I have had models in the past ask for ALL THE PHOTOS from the shoot "to go over" which is also a no no. They will try to bait you on the fact some other photog has done it for them, and then you check out that photogs work and it's always bummy, unprofessional stuff.

Sep 28 16 06:35 am Link

Photographer

Hannu Palovuori Photogr

Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada

I have been asked, and my answer was and is NO, not only no, but hell no!

Sep 29 16 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Thirsa Nijwening

Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands

I've been asked to do that but I'm not giving away the unfinished product I have put so much time in to finish with the final result. It is like giving a customer everything for their bread, but not baking it for them. Or giving them a key to a house, which isn't build yet. The final product is the piece the customer will get and pays for. And I've seen what some models even do with finished shots (Instagram filters, edit stuff theirself). I don't want my name on that.

Sep 30 16 04:55 am Link

Photographer

NC Art Photos

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Wysiwyg Photography wrote:
I have been doing Trade like crazy this past month to fill out some clothed stuff for my portfolio.  And I have been getting a lot of requests for my RAWs (I do NOT give those out)..

So.. this is more of a Poll really than anything because I'm just if there are photographers out there doing it (personally I don't care, as I'm not changing my policy)

Just a curiosity poll is all smile

no - I never give RAW files to models. If they want something that needs to come from a RAW file, I can do it for them. 

I give them low-res jpegs for proofs.

Sep 30 16 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Deep Visions

Oceanside, California, US

If the price is right, yes.

Sep 30 16 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

on the spot right out of the camera!

Oct 01 16 01:14 pm Link