Forums > Model Colloquy > Teeth Whitening

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Anyone have some simple inexpensive tips on how to whiten teeth?
I can't afford to have them bleached right now. Any good at home remedies?

Aug 18 05 08:33 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

*Sigh*

Aug 18 05 09:00 am Link

Model

Sophia Smith

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

Here in the UK you can but at home kits, around £10, so thats about $16 i think. I was in Florida last August and I saw some at home kits and they were around $50 I believe.

Hope this helps.

Aug 18 05 09:10 am Link

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I want that "light white" thing they advertise on tv. looks good, and if UV lights can bleach the hell out of my skull collection for me, I know it'll make my teeth look great. It's only, like, $20, and probably better than those damn trays.
xoxox
~C~
(addiction to coffee and nicotine=yellowy teeth)

Aug 18 05 09:11 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Cool. Unfortunately I can't stop smoking. I love cigarettes.

Aug 18 05 09:12 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Any one else have some suggestions?

Aug 18 05 09:30 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

I guess this topic is dead

Aug 18 05 09:43 am Link

Model

Joelle

Seattle, Washington, US

"If you build it they will come"

Anyhow, it's totally worth it to shell out for the at home pro kits they sell at the dentist office...about $250.  If you can't do that I still got by (with some pretty good results) on creast white strips...your porbably going to have to do them for two full sets...that's almost a month.  Don't get the paint it comes of in your sleep.

Also Chaotika is right cigarettes do horrible damage to your teeth not to mention it makes your skin...well just not model ready.  However, if you can't beat the addiction or don't want to get ready to shell out the $30 about every month to fix the problem.  Also this will sound silly but, it will help if you drink coffee, tea, and soda all through a straw.

Aug 18 05 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Sometimes it takes more than 90 minutes for everyone on MM to read every thread.

Aug 18 05 09:48 am Link

Photographer

MacEnt

Stevens Point, Wisconsin, US

I've never done it but I've heard that hydrogen peroxide cut with some water (don't know how much) can brighten teeth. Read directions on the bottle before trying it! Don't swallow the stuff!

Aug 18 05 09:49 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Awesome. I will get some staws. I've got peroxide...I'm gonna try this stuff. Thanks!

Aug 18 05 09:52 am Link

Model

lllll lllll

Rembrandt makes great toothpastes and home kits that are very inexpensive and really work.  I paid $350 to have my teeth bleached at the dentist a few years ago and it really didn't do much.  However, once I started using Rembrandt whitening products at home, the results were (and still are) amazing.

Aug 18 05 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Necrotika wrote:

If it's just for photos, have your photographer use the Dodge tool at 5% smile

Aug 18 05 09:56 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide work well together.

I'd avoid using bleach, since when I used it my teeth turned into liquid and I swallowed them.

Now my dog chews my food for me until I can drink it wink

Aug 18 05 09:57 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

Its for my personal life, as well as photos. smile

Aug 18 05 09:58 am Link

Photographer

RussellB

Houston, Texas, US

Getting trays from your dentist is the best way to go. If you have molds from a previous trip, they will make them for about $50.00, if not, look on thier web sites or watch the ads in the paper. Here I often see specials for $75 for the custom trays, and then the solution is about $50 for a 6 month supply and it works great. If you are going to continue to use products that stain your teeth, this is the best solution. I use them and as a coffee drinker I can relate.

Aug 18 05 10:23 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Russell Burns wrote:
Getting trays from your dentist is the best way to go. If you have molds from a previous trip, they will make them for about $50.00, if not, look on thier web sites or watch the ads in the paper. Here I often see specials for $75 for the custom trays, and then the solution is about $50 for a 6 month supply and it works great. If you are going to continue to use products that stain your teeth, this is the best solution. I use them and as a coffee drinker I can relate.

Thanks, I drink tea all day long..and I smoke....appreciate it smile

Aug 18 05 10:26 am Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

Necrotika wrote:

there is cresecnt whitening strips, those really work there like 20-25 bucks and there sold at target, walmart anywhere.

Aug 18 05 10:29 am Link

Photographer

RCphotos

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Try Rembrant Intense Stain Removal toothpaste. It costs about $6 and does an awesome job if you use it regularly. Of course it depends on how stained your teeth are but I find it works quite well for me. I do all the worst things for teeth (among other parts of my body). I drink coffee, smoke tobacco and drink red wine. If it works for me it might work for you.

I don't recommend loving smoking cigarettes unless you plan on loving them to death wink

Rob

Aug 18 05 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Robbie Dillon

Orlando, Florida, US

when my ex got hers bleached at the dentist the nurse told her to use britesmile pens to keep the whiteness. i just bought some of the pens (didn't feel like ponying up $500 for the full procedure) and they seem to whiten a considerable amount. you can get em on their site... http://www.britesmile.com/

it tastes good too big_smile

Aug 18 05 10:38 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

RCphotos wrote:
Try Rembrant Intense Stain Removal toothpaste. It costs about $6 and does an awesome job if you use it regularly. Of course it depends on how stained your teeth are but I find it works quite well for me. I do all the worst things for teeth (among other parts of my body). I drink coffee, smoke tobacco and drink red wine. If it works for me it might work for you.

I don't recommend loving smoking cigarettes unless you plan on loving them to death wink

Rob

Sounds like i should try that...
I've been smoking 5 years...smoking helps headaches, mood, stress, and hunger...Yeah....Smoking is horrible, but without cigs I am very..mean..
Thanks smile

Aug 18 05 10:46 am Link

Model

Bekah

Dallas, Texas, US

Crest Whitestrips are amazing! and cheap too.  They're like $25 or something.  It whitens lots on the first round and then I went through another one not too long after the first and I couldn't have asked for whiter teeth.  smile I've had many many people ask if I got my professionally bleached, so others noticed too.

Aug 18 05 10:48 am Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

Necrotika wrote:
Cool. Unfortunately I can't stop smoking. I love cigarettes.

Thats the WORST thing for your teeth. Those home whittening kits work, you just have use them regularly.

Aug 18 05 11:01 am Link

Model

trina

Blue Mountain, Alabama, US

I purchased a bleaching kit from http://www.britewhite.com and was very happy with the results. My dentist was also very impressed with it. They send you the kit which you can buy with either 5 or 10 syringes of whitening gel ($99-$129 for the whole kit) and also the material to make a mold of your teeth. You make the mold, which is really easy, send the molding material back to them in the case and envelope they provide and in about a week, if I remember correctly, you get your custom tray back to use with your gel. My mold fit perfectly and I got great results. My dentist said he couldn't have sold me trays that did any better and if he had, they would have been at least twice the price.

Aug 18 05 11:27 am Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

How can you tell if the stains are permenant, by the way?

Aug 18 05 11:34 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I totally recommend Crest White Strips. 

Totally changed the appearance of my teeth!  They're super easy to use, and I would usually wear them at work without anyone knowing.  If you use them fast/often/more than one package, you could experience some temporary sensitivity.  Slightly annoying, but no big deal, imo.

Besides that I rinse with the new whitening Listerine every night/morning, and use the Cool Mint whitening toothpaste with my Sonicare 8500.

Aug 18 05 03:06 pm Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Josie Nutter wrote:
I totally recommend Crest White Strips. 

Totally changed the appearance of my teeth!  They're super easy to use, and I would usually wear them at work without anyone knowing.  If you use them fast/often/more than one package, you could experience some temporary sensitivity.  Slightly annoying, but no big deal, imo.

Besides that I rinse with the new whitening Listerine every night/morning, and use the Cool Mint whitening toothpaste with my Sonicare 8500.

Thank you smile

Aug 18 05 05:42 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Crest Whitestrips Professional and Rembrant Stain Removing Toothpaste (the kind that says removes red wine stains)

You can buy it at Target for about $35 sometimes less if its on sale. It really does work!

Altho, as I get older, I notice my teeth are starting to shift a bit, so I'm just gonna save up and get www.lumineers.com
for that perfect Hollywood smile. Maintenance free for the next 15 years or so.....woo hoo!

Aug 18 05 07:35 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

I'll add something I haven't seen...dental hygiene

brush your teeth after every time you eat (a poor sub but better than nothing - chew sugar free gum like Trident)
floss once a day
drink water (coffee, tea, sodas, esp. canned iced tea, very bad for the teeth, and other things stain like wine, blue berries, etc.)

should help keep your stains, build up and plaque all down - which will all make your smile whiter/brighter

Aug 18 05 07:35 pm Link

Model

Kassandra

Coram, New York, US

ugh, iv wonderd this as well. My problem is that my teeth are all baby teeth sept for maybe 3. For what ever reason i was born with a weak tooth enamel..and to top it off my dentist told me "You shouldnt expect to get any more adult teeth" YAY BIRTH DEFECTS. Damnit, baby teeth are not ment to last this long,so naturaly they are not looking thier best. However they are a lil more senstive . I was thinking of asking for some of the Crest White Strips for y bay. Although, in addition to senstive teeth i have the worst stomack ever. i tried that stuff you paint onto the teeth and several other similiar ones and it would give me a stomack ache(no i wanst swallowing hte bottom.damnit) So does anyone know if the Crest White Strips give you any stomack issues?

Aug 18 05 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

Tuesday Rene

FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky, US

Like some of the others mentioned, I use Crest Whitestrips too. They really do work. You'll see results fast.
I smoke and drink tea as well.
Try em. You'll like em'

Aug 18 05 11:40 pm Link

Model

Necrotika

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Awesome. Thanks...and thank you all for the response.

Aug 18 05 11:53 pm Link

Model

ModelPrincess

Linthicum, Maryland, US

MacEnt wrote:
I've never done it but I've heard that

Sep 21 05 12:22 am Link

Model

AniaPeach

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

yeah Crest White Strips do the job wonderfully. I have used them and they WORK...

25$ for a 14 day treatemnt or 35$ for the 7 day... does the same job just faster....

Sep 21 05 12:26 am Link

Model

Sharon Nadac

New York, New York, US

Yup, agree. Crest White Strips work like magic. I need to get some more.

Sep 21 05 12:28 am Link

Model

Lydia

Tempe, Arizona, US

C R Photography wrote:
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide work well together.

I'd avoid using bleach, since when I used it my teeth turned into liquid and I swallowed them.

Now my dog chews my food for me until I can drink it wink

C R, you should try dentures...you can switch them out so that they stay white, and get rid of that doggy breath too! smile

Sep 21 05 12:52 am Link

Model

Mindy

Chandler, Arizona, US

I use Arm & Hamer advanced cleaning toothpaste. It has bakingsoda and dental peroxide... it works awesomely.

Sep 21 05 02:05 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I managed to get two boxes of Crest Whitestrips Platinum PLUS off of eBay for $16.50 each (bundle).  Not bad.  If you keep an eye on 'em, I've seen single auctions go for as low as $14.  Watch the shipping fees though.

Sep 21 05 11:34 am Link

Model

PinayVampyre

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DigitalCMH wrote:

***Quack quack quack! I'm your new stalker.

Sep 21 05 01:31 pm Link

Model

PinayVampyre

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Question:  Can you use the whitestrips and the Rembrandt toothpaste at the same time? Or will it have adverse effects on our teeth?

Sep 21 05 01:39 pm Link