Forums > Newbie Forum > 19 year old from Colorado with a modern portfolio

Photographer

DSIMONSAYZ

Aurora, Colorado, US

Self taught until a year ago. Shooting for 3 years. Natural light is my style. Seeking feedback from across the world! Anything you like & dislike. Love & hate. Lists, comments, & tags appreciated and always returned!

Nov 09 12 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

You need to post here for honest feedback...

https://www.modelmayhem.com/t.php?forum_id=8

Nov 09 12 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Supermodel Photographer

Oyster Bay, New York, US

DarianSimonSayz wrote:
19 year old from Colorado with a modern portfolio

Modern portfolios are currently popular.

Nov 09 12 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Sellberg

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Welcome the MM, looks like you have a fairly good handle on things. Keep up the good work.

Nov 09 12 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

SANCTUAIRE

Tampa, Florida, US

Welcome to the mayhem.

Nov 09 12 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Hands

Milton, Ontario, Canada

Enjoy your stay at MM.

Nov 09 12 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Escalante

Chicago, Illinois, US

Modern portfolio theory (MPT) is a theory of finance which attempts to maximize portfolio expected return for a given amount of portfolio risk, or equivalently minimize risk for a given level of expected return, by carefully choosing the proportions of various assets. Although MPT is widely used in practice in the financial industry and several of its creators won a Nobel memorial prize for the theory,[1] in recent years the basic assumptions of MPT have been widely challenged by fields such as behavioral economics.

Nov 09 12 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

DVP Photography

Broomfield, Colorado, US

I checked the critique forums and didn't see a post from you there.  You have talent but critique will help you.  Go post in the critique forum!

Nov 09 12 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Sansenbach

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Welcome! I like your stuff! I am curious what you mean by a "modern portfolio". Can you define that for us?

Nov 09 12 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

Scott Sansenbach wrote:
Welcome! I like your stuff! I am curious what you mean by a "modern portfolio". Can you define that for us?

I often learn more from studying the books of teenagers than I do of more mature artists.  The funny thing is though that I can't remember any of these younger folk defining their work as "modern".   Rather, they simply  let their aesthetic speak for itself.

Nov 10 12 12:33 pm Link