Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Buh-Bye 'Bama!!

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Alabama pulled one out of their butt last week against LSU but things caught up with them today when they lost to Texas A&M and finally it looks like the rest of the country can look forward to a non SEC National Champion for a change.

Not sour grapes toward the SEC either, I have no interest in that conference but I'm just tired of the same old schools in the BCS game year in and year out. Now we'll maybe get a K State or Oregon in the championship game and not have to snooze through another lame SEC offense challenged game.

Buh-Bye Alabama!

Nov 10 12 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Naughty Ties wrote:
Alabama pulled one out of their butt last week against LSU but things caught up with them today when they lost to Texas A&M and finally it looks like the rest of the country can look forward to a non SEC National Champion for a change.

Not sour grapes toward the SEC either, I have no interest in that conference but I'm just tired of the same old schools in the BCS game year in and year out. Now we'll maybe get a K State or Oregon in the championship game and not have to snooze through another lame SEC offense challenged game.

Buh-Bye Alabama!

couldn't have happened to a nicer school, or a nicer conference. lol

how about a&m making noise in their first year in the conference?

the problem is, my USC team can make it so a god damned sec team will get into the championship game. they will beat the domers, and will have another shot at oregon in the pac 12 championship game (as long as fucla cooperates).

fuck the sec, and fuck 'bama. adios, amigos!

Nov 10 12 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Durazo

Los Angeles, California, US

borat

Now which two SEC teams are the BSC going to pick?

Nov 10 12 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Andy Durazo wrote:
borat

Now which two SEC teams are the BSC going to pick?

if georgia jumps notre dame, i wouldn't be at all shocked.

Nov 10 12 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Durazo

GK photo wrote:

couldn't have happened to a nicer school, or a nicer conference. lol

how about a&m making noise in their first year in the conference?

the problem is, my USC team can make it so a god damned sec team will get into the championship game. they will beat the domers, and will have another shot at oregon in the pac 12 championship game (as long as fucla cooperates).

fuck the sec, and fuck 'bama. adios, amigos!

No way SuC isn't getting by my Bruins this year! It'll be us losing to Oregon again in the 12-Pac Championship game!

Nov 10 12 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Andy Durazo wrote:
No way SuC isn't getting by my Bruins this year!

:snicker: we'll see ya next week. smile

Nov 10 12 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Z_Photo

Huntsville, Alabama, US

it was a wonderful day in alabama.  i love when both auburn and alabama lose on the same day.  helps makes life worth living in this place.  local papers seem to not realize there is football outside the state.

but wow you guys seem to have the market on sour grapes cornered out there!  don't you realize the difference is that all those other conferences don't bust the salary caps like they do in the SEC?

Nov 11 12 03:34 am Link

Photographer

Andy Durazo

GK photo wrote:

:snicker: we'll see ya next week. smile

Like I said it will be my Bruins that will be losing to Oregon in the 12-Pac championship game.

big_smile

Nov 17 12 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

omfg! the worst case scenario is playing out now. (oh, sorry, andy, i don't care about that game).

now, with both oregon and k state losing, the fucking shit ass sec gets more life. and it's really nice to see ala and georgia playing such tough competition at the end of the year.

oh, god damn. once usc beats the domers, it's another all sec championship. i'm effing sick.

western carolina?
georgia southern?
jacksonville state?

man, the sec should be proud of their scheduling. lol

Nov 17 12 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

No,the worst case scenario is if Notre Dame gets to the title game on many levels
1.they do this without being in a conference(and playing a relatively easy schedule)because they are "above everyone else"while the rest of the BCS teams have to play a championship game.
1.The level of obnoxia from that school and their alumni is up there with Ohio State and the Fla Goobers...err.Gators as the most intolerable...

I can't root for the condoms hard enough next week(and this really fucks up the BCS

Nov 17 12 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I can't root for the condoms hard enough next week(and this really fucks up the BCS

imagine how i feel? my best case scenario is also my worst. the playoff needs to get going. and these fucks in the sec need to travel above i 40 sometime in november or december.

Nov 17 12 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Naughty Ties wrote:
Alabama......  lost to Texas A&M .....

..... maybe get a K State or Oregon in the championship game

Buh-Bye Alabama!

Buh -Bye K-State and DUcks ...  lol 

Hello Fighting Irish!  smile

Nov 17 12 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Let There Be Light

Chris Rifkin wrote:
No,the worst case scenario is if Notre Dame gets to the title game on many levels
1.they do this without being in a conference(and playing a relatively easy schedule)because they are "above everyone else"while the rest of the BCS teams have to play a championship game.

Only four of the six BCS conferences have football championship games. According to NCAA rules a conference has to have at least 12 schools playing football to get a waiver of the 12-game limit and have a championship game. The Big East has only eight  football members and the Big 12 only has 10 schools in the conference (unlike the Big 10 which has 12 schools.)

Nov 17 12 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Buh -Bye K-State and DUcks ...  lol 

Hello Fighting Irish!  smile

patrick, patrick, patrick. the party ends next week. smile it was a nice run. your loss will ensure another all sce title game, which will literally sicken me.

and even if you get past sc (with barkley out), alabama will destroy you guys, which leads me right back to point a.

it's time for a fucking playoff!!!!!

Nov 18 12 12:01 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

GK photo wrote:
patrick, patrick, patrick. the party ends next week. smile it was a nice run. your loss will ensure another all sce title game, which will literally sicken me.

and even if you get past sc (with barkley out), alabama will destroy you guys, which leads me right back to point a.

it's time for a fucking playoff!!!!!

Interesting that the only two high caliber and undefeated football teams are Ohio State and Notre Dame.  Yes, the Fighting Irish had an easier schedule this season, but they've still played well enough to prove themselves worthy of being in at least the top 5 in my opinion.  They usually have a schedule with Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State nearly back to back every season ... and this season I notice that Ohio State and ND didn't play each other.  I really beleive that Ohio State would have handed ND their one loss of the season if they'd played.  It's too bad that Ohio State is not able to fit into the equation of bowl games, but they screwed themselves with rules violations.

The thing about college football and playing the top teams like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida State, USC, Michigan ... all with legendary football programs is that other teams want to beat them!  Stanford has never been a huge contender until in recent years.  It was a great game when Stanford and Notre Dame went into a 3rd overtime before ND finally won.  Tonight it was Stanford winning in Oregon to the shock of the Duck fans ... I saw many hanging heads and crying over their loss!

If nothing more than for better coaching and a strong defense, I believe that Notre Dame will beat USC this next weekend.  As for the Irish getting a terrible beating from Alabama .... I have to admit that you are right on that one.  They don't even know what it will be like to get hit by the Crimson Tide! 

I don't think Kansas State belongs in the equation. It would not surprise me if Texas hands them another loss next weekend.

Nov 18 12 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Alright college football fans!  Notre Dame is #1 in all the polls, and 'Bama is #2 ... USC is hurting, and I don't think they will be able to do much against the defense of ND.  So it looks like it's going to be ND and 'Bama.  What do you think?

Nov 19 12 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Carlos Occidental

Hehe.  I thought this was an anti Obama thread.

Nov 19 12 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Alright college football fans!  Notre Dame is #1 in all the polls, and 'Bama is #2 ... USC is hurting, and I don't think they will be able to do much against the defense of ND.  So it looks like it's going to be ND and 'Bama.  What do you think?

I think if Alabama plays for the National Championship then it's something that should never be paid attention to again.

Nov 19 12 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Z_Photo

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

i think the only way i would ever want to see alerbamer win is when they play ND.

Nov 19 12 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Patrick Walberg wrote:

patrick, when the domers lose to sc (with a backup qb) this week, you will need to fully account for the fact that your boys will have likely ensured another all sec championship game.

god dammmmmmnnnn, i hate the sec. go play a game in november that isn't either indoors or below i-40.

Nov 19 12 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Z_Photo wrote:

i think the only way i would ever want to see alerbamer win is when they play ND.

Ouch!!!  yikes

Nov 19 12 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

GK photo wrote:
patrick, when the domers lose to sc (with a backup qb) this week, you will need to fully account for the fact that your boys will have likely ensured another all sec championship game.

god dammmmmmnnnn, i hate the sec. go play a game in november that isn't either indoors or below i-40.

Even though they are my favorite college football team, I wasn't confident that ND was going to do so well even with a lighter schedule. The quarterback situation was shakey to me.  But they have won each and every game! Stanford is/was underrated ... I knew that, and look at how close that game was ... a heart breaker for Stanford.  Last season it was ND getting their heart broken in a couple games.  Then Stanford beats Oregon in another heart breaker.  That's what I love about college football .... anything can happen! 

I'm impressed by how well Ohio State is playing, but they wont be allowed to be in a bowl game even if they end up being the only undefeated team.  I think they would have handed Notre Dame their only defeat if they had played durign the regular season.  I do believe that the Fighting Irish will beat USC and who knows?  They are number one now, and they might end the season that way.  You don't know until the last seconds of the last game is played.

Nov 19 12 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Durazo

GK photo wrote:

Sorry going 0 for 2! N.D. is going to pop the Condoms and go into the BSC title game!

big_smile

Nov 20 12 12:12 am Link

Photographer

Z_Photo

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Andy Durazo wrote:

Sorry going 0 for 2! N.D. is going to pop the Condoms and go into the BSC title game!

big_smile

and the rest should play competitive teams big_smile

Nov 20 12 05:37 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Z_Photo wrote:
and the rest should play competitive teams big_smile

I thought the NCCA had come up with a new playoff plan to resolve the conflicts resulting from popularity voting?  We need REAL playoffs badly!  It's kinda sad that Ohio State might end up being the only undefeated team, but can't play in a bowl game.  What to do?

I love what this guy wrote!  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co … e/1715525/

Woody Hayes was a great coach!  I've always admired Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Texas, Florida, USC and of course Notre Dame as all these college football teams have had memorable past seasons with exciting bowl games.  Those teams have had reputations of historic proportion.

What is it with college football players and getting covered in tattoos anyway?  hmm

Nov 20 12 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Durazo

Patrick Walberg wrote:

I thought the NCCA had come up with a new playoff plan to resolve the conflicts resulting from popularity voting?  We need REAL playoffs badly!  It's kinda sad that Ohio State might end up being the only undefeated team, but can't play in a bowl game.  What to do?

I love what this guy wrote!  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co … e/1715525/

Woody Hayes was a great coach!  I've always admired Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Texas, Florida, USC and of course Notre Dame as all these college football teams have had memorable past seasons with exciting bowl games.  Those teams have had reputations of historic proportion.

What is it with college football players and getting covered in tattoos anyway?  hmm

What to do? Make sure your players don't take free stuff and report it when you find out! If the coach had done this he may still have a job and the school wouldn't be on probation.

Nov 20 12 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Andy Durazo wrote:
What to do? Make sure your players don't take free stuff and report it when you find out! If the coach had done this he may still have a job and the school wouldn't be on probation.

Well Notre Dame beat USC and remains undefeated.  borat   Too bad that Ohio State players broke rules and the former coach turned a blind eye to it ... because they are the only other Big 10 college team that went undefeated too!  Ohio State vs Notre Dame!  It would have been a great bowl game!

Nov 24 12 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Well Notre Dame beat USC and remains undefeated.  borat

Thanks to some of the stupidest goal line play calling I've ever seen in the 4th quarter.

Nov 25 12 05:53 am Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

Chris Macan wrote:
Thanks to some of the stupidest goal line play calling I've ever seen in the 4th quarter.

Thanks to some of the best goal line defense I've ever seen in the 4th quarter. 

There, fixed.

Nov 25 12 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Chris Macan wrote:

amen. it was disgusting.

Nov 25 12 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

GK photo wrote:

amen. it was disgusting.

So is the obnoxia that ND fan that I'm now seeing all over the place
At least the one good thing that happened last night is that it STF out of Gator fan...

Alabama will crush the Irish

Nov 25 12 04:25 pm Link

Model

Possibility

Litchfield, Illinois, US

Chris Macan wrote:

GK photo wrote:
amen. it was disgusting.

I'm still not entirely sure what they were thinking. I can't imagine a Div.III coach making those choices, in a game that didn't matter. Then to put such risky (read: stupid) play calling on the shoulders of a Freshman back up quarterback...

Chris Rifkin wrote:

+1. I'm one of those not convinced of the difficulty of the schedule ND had.

Nov 25 12 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Possibility wrote:

Chris Macan wrote:

GK photo wrote:
amen. it was disgusting.

I'm still not entirely sure what they were thinking. I can't imagine a Div.III coach making those choices, in a game that didn't matter. Then to put such risky (read: stupid) play calling on the shoulders of a Freshman back up quarterback...

+1. I'm one of those not convinced of the difficulty of the schedule ND had.

Not to mention I think Landry didn't play when they beat OKlahoma,and no Barkley last night

Nov 25 12 04:36 pm Link

Model

Possibility

Litchfield, Illinois, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Not to mention I think Landry didn't play when they beat OKlahoma,and no Barkley last night

Yeah. This year has been one where what the final scores and standings on paper come out to aren't really telling the whole story. Come bowl time, we're going to finally see. Maybe we'll be proven wrong, I just doubt it.

(Not that that doesn't happen a bit every year, I just think this year the discrepancy is going to be a bit more obvious)

Can't wait until... is it '13 or '14 when the new system comes into place?

Nov 25 12 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Chris Rifkin wrote:

i doubt neither georgia nor alabama will "crush" nd, but they should beat them.

oregon must really be thanking ucla by now! lol

Nov 25 12 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

Chris Macan wrote:

Paul AI wrote:

There, fixed.

No... it was correct the first time,
When they passed to the corner or off the center line the play design worked.
So logically they tried to run it up the center a dozen times.

F-ing stupid.

Nov 25 12 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Paul AI wrote:

There, fixed.

Yes sir!  borat

Nov 25 12 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Chris Macan wrote:

Chris Macan wrote:

No... it was correct the first time,
When they passed to the corner or off the center line the play design worked.
So logically they tried to run it up the center a dozen times.

F-ing stupid.

No, throwing in the corner of the end zone did not work, otherwise the receiver would have caught it.  Instead USC got a couple more extra chances.  Besides, USC needed to score two times to be able to overcome a 9 point lead that ND had.  So TD or not, USC lost valuable time trying to score.  Time and time again, the ND defense has held solid at the goal line.

Nov 25 12 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Possibility wrote:
I'm one of those not convinced of the difficulty of the schedule ND had.

Well Stanford took ND to overtime in South Bend and lost.  Then Stanford took Oregon to overtime and won ... in Eugene, Oregon! 

I don't think Notre Dames schedule was very different from many of the past seasons. 

Emerald Isle Classic
09/01/12    vs. Navy       Dublin, Ireland                            W, 50-10

09/08/12    vs. Purdue   Notre Dame, Ind.                      W, 20-17
09/15/12    at Michigan State      East Lansing, Mich.    W, 20-3
09/22/12    vs. Michigan     Notre Dame, Ind.                W, 13-6
Shamrock Series
10/06/12    vs. Miami     Chicago, Ill.                                    W, 41-3

10/13/12    vs. Stanford     Notre Dame, Ind.                    W, 20-13 (OT)
10/20/12    vs. BYU     Notre Dame, Ind.                            W, 17-14
10/27/12    at Oklahoma     Norman, Okla.                    W, 30-13
11/03/12    vs. Pittsburgh     Notre Dame, Ind.                    W, 29-26 (3OT)
11/10/12    at Boston College     Chestnut Hill, Mass.    W, 21-6
11/17/12    vs. Wake Forest     Notre Dame, Ind.                    W, 38-0
11/24/12    at USC     Los Angeles, Calif.                    W, 22-13

So tell me who they should have played?  The ONLY team I see missing from the normal schedule is Ohio State ... who I think is probably the only team that could have beaten Notre Dame ... but because of rules violations by Ohion State players, we'll never know.

Nov 25 12 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Chris Rifkin wrote:

So is the obnoxia that ND fan that I'm now seeing all over the place
At least the one good thing that happened last night is that it STF out of Gator fan...

Chris, I hope you are not talking about me, now are you?  I'm not obnoxious and you know it!   lol 

Alabama might crush the Irish, and maybe not ... but I am humble no matter the outcome.  Alabama needs to thank their lucky stars that Ohio State is not bowl eligible because we'd be watching Ohio State play Notre Dame in a bowl game for sure!

Nov 25 12 09:21 pm Link