Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Well that's terrifying

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sitting in bed, browsing the Internet, music on...

All the sudden my step father is SCREAMING "help me! Somebody help me! Hellllpppp meeee!" from their bedroom.

I fly out of bed, yell for my mother to come upstairs, tell her she's gotta go in and check on him he was just screaming for help...

She opens the door and dudes sound asleep, snoring. The dogs hiding across the room. She laughs and shuts the door, and says "that's why I can't sleep up here with him, I sleep on the couch, those are his nightmares, happens all the time. What was he yelling this time? Help me?" shakes her head and goes back downstairs. 

Happens all the time huh? Nobody told ME someone was going to be SCREAMING FOR HELP in the middle of the night. Jesus. I'm gonna need help with my pending heart attack(s). I hope he only does it when I'm still awake (if he does it again at all while I'm home), waking up to that will scare the shit out of me.

Dude can snore loud enough to wake himself up but SCREAMING at himself apparently doesn't bother him, sleep right through that. neutral what the balls.

Nov 28 12 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

lol!!! OMG. I would have freaked out. I have this paranoia of getting murdered in my sleep one night-- as a kid, I had this rationale that if I slept with my comforter over my torso, if someone tried to stab me in my sleep I would feel them touch my blanket and wake up before they could kill me. Super logic, right there borat

Nov 28 12 09:24 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Becks wrote:
lol!!! OMG. I would have freaked out. I have this paranoia of getting murdered in my sleep one night-- as a kid, I had this rationale that if I slept with my comforter over my torso, if someone tried to stab me in my sleep I would feel them touch my blanket and wake up before they could kill me. Super logic, right there borat

As a real small kid I was afraid of under the bed and in the closet (and behind the shower curtain, basically anywhere a person could hide, I was convinced a person was in my house, not a monster, a murderer...real well adjusted kid) and I went through two comical phases.

One, I lined my bed with my stuffed animals, because if someone reached out from under the bed to grab me, obviously my toys would save me (or I'd at least notice a toy go flying before they grabbed me). Then I realized this was cruel, and basically covered myself in my stuffed animals in the middle of the bed with me where they couldn't be reached by someone under the bed.

I never came up with a solution to someone in the closet besides just starring into the dark till I fell asleep terrified.

I used to sleep walk as a little kid for a while, but I quit that. My mom put a screen door on my bedroom and had to lock me in from the outside to make sure I didn't fall down the stairs in my sleep lol as an adult  I've been known to carry whole intelligent conversations in my sleep but someone else has to initiate them, I (don't think I) just start talking out of nowhere. Nobody has ever reported me screaming in my sleep, the worst I do is violently jerk myself awake (and sometimes out of bed, painfully) from nightmares.

One of my exes would move a lot in his sleep. If he was running in a dream, he was full on running in bed. If he punched someone in a dream, he's punching wherever he's facing (sometimes me). That wasn't so alarming, just annoying to wake up to when he hit me or hit the wall or fell out of bed. A medication change fixed that.

I've experienced someone talking at a normal volume, laughing, smiling, etc in their sleep, but never someone full on screaming bloody murder like that.

Nov 28 12 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

is that why you still sleep with stuffed animals?  makes sense now!

Nov 28 12 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

California Girls Skate

Los Angeles, California, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
All the sudden my step father is SCREAMING "help me! Somebody help me! Hellllpppp meeee!" from their bedroom.

I fly out of bed, yell for my mother to come upstairs, tell her she's gotta go in and check on him he was just screaming for help...

Wait... so the dude is screaming for his life and instead of checking on him, you send your mother in the room?

Man. I'm not including YOU on my Zombie Apocalypse Commando Team. wink

Nov 28 12 09:49 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

California Girls Skate wrote:

Wait... so the dude is screaming for his life and instead of checking on him, you send your mother in the room?

Maybe he fell in the shower and his balls were exposed.  He wouldn't want her seeing that!

Nov 28 12 09:52 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

California Girls Skate wrote:

Were I to actually believe there could be a zombie apocalypse, I'm sure as fuck not going into any dark rooms where someone is screaming for help, that means they're already beyond help

Nov 28 12 09:53 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:

Maybe he fell in the shower and his balls were exposed.  He wouldn't want her seeing that!

Yeah, I mean I sleep naked and shut my door, nobody bothers me without knocking loud enough to wake me up first. I don't know what their sleeping arrangements are, I didn't want to just barge in on him

It was a weird scream (kind of like one done in someone's sleep, I know now), not a "oh god I'm dying" scream

Still enough to scare the shit out of me, but mom was halfway up the stairs so I sent her in first

Nov 28 12 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Glad I am not the only one with the sleep conversations smile

Nov 28 12 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

Bek Ruszin

Buffalo, New York, US

Glad to know I'm not the only one to scream in my sleep.  Although, usually I wake up right at the tail end of said scream, sitting straight up in bed.

Nov 28 12 10:28 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DougBPhoto wrote:
Glad I am not the only one with the sleep conversations smile

To my knowledge I haven't done it in a really long time. My ex used to try to wake me up on work nights to talk, and I'd talk right through my sleep. Serious conversations, shit I had no recollection of the next day

Most people don't try to talk to me in my sleep so I don't know if I do it anymore

When I was little id say ridiculous things in my sleep.
I'd fall asleep on the sofa, my mother would wake me up to go upstairs and I would insist I WAS in bed and get angry with her. Or I'd pick up everything around me (blankets, pillows, the remote, the sofa cushions) and take them with me to bed or into another room and go back to sleep on the floor.

I was like, 9 and dreaming about a ski trip I was going on, and my sister was trying to wake me up to eat dinner, and I was getting mean with her insisting I was awake and would be right there

"are you awake?"
"YES!"
"are your eyes open?"
"yes!" (no)
"what's your name?"
"Laura"
"how old are you?"
"....."
"Laura"
"....."
"how old are you?"
"a lodge and some trees"
"Laura WAKE UP!"

Nov 28 12 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

We don't think I sleep-walked, but I have heard from multiple sources that I can be fairly coherent while sound asleep.

Happens in person and I've had a few cases where the call log on my cell phone shows phone calls that I did not remember happening.

BTW, glad step-father was okay... those middle of the night things are so frightening.  I'm not a fan of any time waking up to something https://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pnglike that.

Another good reason for that underwear wink

Nov 28 12 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Monterey, California, US

lol

Woman! You crack me up!

Nov 28 12 11:37 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DougBPhoto wrote:
We don't think I sleep-walked, but I have heard from multiple sources that I can be fairly coherent while sound asleep.

Happens in person and I've had a few cases where the call log on my cell phone shows phone calls that I did not remember happening.

BTW, glad step-father was okay... those middle of the night things are so frightening.  I'm not a fan of any time waking up to something https://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pnglike that.

Another good reason for that underwear wink

Thankfully I've never called anybody. I actually do a lot more 'dreaming that I'm awake and carrying on with a normal day' than I do sleep-anything. When I used to have to wake up and be a normal person every morning, I often shut off my alarm and went back to sleep, but dreamt that I was getting ready. I'd dream that I was early so I laid back down for five more minutes. Get up again, be ready to walk out the door, and realize im still not even showered or dressed, but now it's time for me to be running out the door. Started setting multiple alarms.

I get texts, wake up enough to read them, go back to sleep but dream that I answered them, half a day later I go to text someone and find these others I thought I'd answered.

Nov 29 12 12:14 am Link