Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > what' your favourit product/s in your kit? (mua's)

Makeup Artist

Amie Flanagan MUA

Whitehaven, England, United Kingdom

hi im wanting to try some new products and possibly even expand my kit some more.

what's your favourite product/products? and maybe why?

favourite brushes too?

they don't have to be high end products BTW.

thanks.

Dec 02 12 03:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LC Makeup and Styling

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

My fave products are the Graftobian HD creme Foundations, they give such a flawless finish and Kryolan Lip palette, beautiful, high pigmented colours.  Both you can bet from Camera Ready Cosmetics. My Fave place to shop! :-)

Dec 02 12 05:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

my fav product?  hands down TEMPTU S/B

fav brush?  my iwata HP-C Plus airbrush...

keep in mind I'm a bridal artist... exclusively...

Dec 02 12 05:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

LC Makeup Artistry wrote:
My fave products are the Graftobian HD creme Foundations, they give such a flawless finish and Kryolan Lip palette, beautiful, high pigmented colours.  Both you can bet from Camera Ready Cosmetics. My Fave place to shop! :-)

I haven't been here in awhile... This was so nice to see...Thank you so much for your support.

I don't have a favorite product really but the one I use the most is my graftobian dual finish foundation palette...  I use it on every single job...as a powder, as eye shadow, contour... you name it.... for mens grooming it's often the only thing I ever use in my kit.

Dec 02 12 06:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LC Makeup and Styling

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Mary wrote:

I haven't been here in awhile... This was so nice to see...Thank you so much for your support.

I don't have a favorite product really but the one I use the most is my graftobian dual finish foundation palette...  I use it on every single job...as a powder, as eye shadow, contour... you name it.... for mens grooming it's often the only thing I ever use in my kit.

Awesome! Thanks Mary. Im like a kid in a candy store when I visit the CRC site and Im looking forward to trying more products.

Dec 02 12 06:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lauren Reynolds Makeup

London, England, United Kingdom

My favourite products that I use all the time are my MUFE flash pallette, HD foundations & All Mat Primer, La Maquillage neutral powder (sets without flattening the skin), Ben Nye Fireworks wheel & creme blush wheel, Kryolan Dermacolor camoflage mini-palettes (covers really well and blends out really lightly if you want it to, and so kit-friendly!) and MAC Strobe Cream smile

Dec 02 12 06:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lauren Reynolds Makeup

London, England, United Kingdom

Mary wrote:

Ooooh I've been eyeing this for a while, I think you've just convinced me smile

I'm such a product junkie hmm

Dec 02 12 06:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Katy G

Yucaipa, California, US

Lauren already mentioned all the good ones!

My favorites are:

Kryolan Dermacolor mini palettes
Ben Nye fireworks and blush wheels
OCC Lip Tars (finally got a few, Santa came early after stopping by CRC and I *love* this product, it's genius)
Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows (they make an excellent base for layering powder colors over)
Maybelline Extra Intense liquid pencil eyeliners
Smashbox Artifical Light luminizing lotions (I have 'glow' and 'diffuse' and usually mix them with primer before applying foundation)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On lip pencil in 'Ozone' (really helps keep colors from bleeding and helps keep your coloring inside the lines LOL)
Ben Nye Neutral Set and all their face powders
Urban Decay Afterglow Glide-On cheek tint

Dec 02 12 08:11 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Vanita MUA

Seattle, Washington, US

My favorites:

Graftobian Hi-def foundations
Graftobian lip palette
Graftobian corrector palette
Inglot eyeshadows
Red Cherry lashes
Armani Eyes to kill mascara
MAC blushes
MAC eyebrow pencils
MAC gel eye liners

Dec 03 12 07:35 am Link

Model

Tegan Lynn

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Mary wrote:

Gonna have to second this.

I also really like my OCC lip tars, not only the quality of the product, but the fact that I can mix them to achieve any lip colour I need and easily adjust colours to work with skin tones.

(Posting from my model profile again... I'm lazy)

Dec 03 12 08:52 am Link

Makeup Artist

Carmen Make up and Hair

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

MUFE flash palette.
Benefit Posie tint
Cover FX cream foundation.

Dec 04 12 11:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

SD Makeup Artisty

Hicksville, New York, US

LORAC Pro Eyeshadow Palette.  For anything neutral, it's the only thing I need.  It's light and the quality of the shadows is ridiculous.

Inglot Gel Liner.  Super pigmented black, cheap, doesn't smudge and lasts forever. 

Urban Decay Deslick in a Tube. Its such a good mattifying product.

Graftobian Foundations. Already been said. (:

La Femme blushes.  So cheap, so pigmented, and they come in so many colors.

Dec 06 12 05:29 pm Link