I would be most grateful.
Thanks!

Aug 20 05 01:36 am Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Body Painting Links including products.
Another resource page
Yahoo Body Paint Directory for on-line resources.

Hope this helps.

Aug 20 05 07:47 am Link

Photographer

EG Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

I recommend the Ben Nye liquid paints (www.bennye.com) and also the Kryolan Aquacolor paints (www.kryolan.com).

For metallic effects Mehron has good stuff (www.mehron.com).

Also make sure that if you're applying any glitter around the eye area, the glitter should be the organic type and not the polyester, otherwise if it accidentally gets into the eye it'll irritate like hell. banghead

Aug 20 05 08:02 am Link

Photographer

EJM Art

La Crosse, Wisconsin, US

Thank you so much for the great replies! I sincerely
appreciate your assistance. I'm quite excited about
this project, as I'll be applying my painting style
to a living canvas.
Regards,
Eric

Aug 20 05 11:15 am Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

sargent arts has a few metallic tempera paints in gold, silver, etc that dry to a crackly texture that looks very interesting.

Aug 20 05 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Kruse Images

ST JOHN, Mississippi, US

Try a paint called creamcoat acrylic.  it's water based and you can use a airbrush if thinned, or reg. brush...it works great for me...you can find it in craft or hobbie stores. I have an image in my port I used this paint on...check it out.

Aug 20 05 05:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

faythe jaxmua

Jacksonville, Florida, US

EG Photography wrote:
I recommend the Ben Nye liquid paints (www.bennye.com) and also the Kryolan Aquacolor paints (www.kryolan.com).

For metallic effects Mehron has good stuff (www.mehron.com).

Also make sure that if you're applying any glitter around the eye area, the glitter should be the organic type and not the polyester, otherwise if it accidentally gets into the eye it'll irritate like hell. banghead

I use all the above when working with paints, you need to remember though that most body paints do not come out of cloths, and some people with sensitive eyes or contacts get bothered by paint applyed around the eye area, I also use Ben Nye's cake foundation that comes in colors and TEMTU airbrush paints.

MUA Faythe

Aug 21 05 06:12 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

Go to http://search.plasticpuppet.com/ and search "body paint" or check out the FAQ in the stylist forum. You can get the opinions of some of the biggest names in the industry free of charge!

Mar 14 08 11:08 pm Link