Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Wacom Bamboo Help

Photographer

DPCS

Lemoore, California, US

Hey I just got a new Wacom Bamboo a few days ago and it's pissing me off . . .anyone familiar with it could you message me?

Jan 12 13 01:50 pm Link

Digital Artist

Platinum Dust

San Francisco, California, US

What kind of trouble are you having with it? I have a Wacom Intuos but I may be able to help for general Wacom or tablet questions.

Jan 12 13 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

DPCS

Lemoore, California, US

I just want to use it as a pen editing purposes but I cant figure out how make it work like that.  It moves when I'm near the surface and the button works as a right click.  I've tried the settings but still can't figure it out

Jan 12 13 02:26 pm Link

Digital Artist

Platinum Dust

San Francisco, California, US

Tablets are supposed to move the cursor when you're skimming close to but not touching the surface. It's how they make navigation easy with a tablet. It'll take some getting used to, but soon you'll find navigating with a tablet to be very easy and helpful. The pen only happens when you touch your stylus to the tablet and drag. Tap to click.

The work surface of your tablet is like your screen. If you put your stylus in a corner of the work surface, your cursor will jump to the same corner on your computer screen. You don't need to drag your cursor to where you need it every time -- just position your stylus on your tablet accordingly.

If you don't want the button to act as a right click, you can either change what it does or disable it completely in your settings.

Hopefully that covers all the basics and the issues you're having now. Let me know if you have other questions or need some clarification. Have fun with your new tablet!

Jan 12 13 02:50 pm Link

Retoucher

Peano

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

DPCS wrote:
It moves when I'm near the surface

Here's the deal: When you move the pen near the surface without touching, that's exactly the same a moving the mouse around on the mouse pad: it moves the cursor around on the screen. And when you touch the surface with the pen, that's the same as left-clicking the mouse. (If you want to double-click something with the pen, one way to do that is just tap the pen twice on whatever you want to double-click.)

Example, paint brush in PS.

With the mouse: You move the mouse around on the pad until the brush is over the place where you want to paint. Then you click or hold the left mouse button to paint.

With the pen: You move the pen around above the surface (but not touching it) until the brush is over the place where you want to paint. Then you touch or hold the pen tip to the tablet to paint.

and the button works as a right click.

Look on page 43 of the user manual. The button has two ends, and each works independently of the other. You can set each end to do whatever you prefer (left-click, right, middle, double, etc.). Make your choices on these two flyout menus:

https://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8291/buttons.gif

Jan 12 13 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Oscar Partida

Palm Springs, California, US

did you run the DVD included,its very helpful and easy to use after running  the DVD

Jan 12 13 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Oscar Partida wrote:
did you run the DVD included,its very helpful and easy to use after running  the DVD

im not sure its the DVD but whatever has the little demo/tutorial is the way to go. once you practice those moves a bit, you get used to it and dont go back. also trying to do without a mouse for a couple of days will help.

Jan 12 13 08:40 pm Link