Forums > Newbie Forum > First day on MM :)

Model

CheyAnne Wilson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'm Cheyanne! I'm new to Model Mayhem, and to modeling in general! I'd love any advice/tips/comments, etc. I' d appreciate a look at my bio as well if anyones bored. Thanks for all your help and opinions guys!

Mar 14 13 11:49 pm Link

Photographer

eybdoog

New York, New York, US

Welcome to MM! smile   Unfortunately this is not the critique forum so I cannot comment here on tips and the such, but good luck in your journey!

Mar 14 13 11:56 pm Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Mar 15 13 12:03 am Link

Model

CheyAnne Wilson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Oh okay! Well, just proves that I'm new! Thanks a ton smile

Mar 15 13 12:18 am Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Mar 15 13 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Francisco Castro

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

CheyAnne Wilson wrote:
I'm Cheyanne! I'm new to llama Mayhem, and to llamaing in general! I'd love any advice/tips/comments, etc. I' d appreciate a look at my bio as well if anyones bored. Thanks for all your help and opinions guys!

Advice #1 for any llama, new or experienced, is to always CHECK REFERENCES. Always contact people a photographer has worked with. If they don't credit their llamas, you might want to take a few steps back.

Ask questions like, how was the shoot experience? Just because the photos came out well doesn't mean the experience was good.

Make friends with the other llamas in your area, specially those who you've ask for a reference. They are more likely to give you the scoop on photogs they have worked with, and could also provide introductions to people who are worth working with. You will find llamas will form a sorority of sorts and provide you with a lot of good networking opportunities.

Mar 15 13 07:26 am Link

Photographer

SF Valley Photo

Burbank, California, US

Read the Avoid Scams link on your "my stuff" page.  Also make sure to check out www.newmodels.com

The list you created can be useful to photographers so they have an idea of where you want to take your portfolio.

Welcome to the Mayhem.

Mar 15 13 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Charger Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Welcome to MM smile

Mar 15 13 10:44 am Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Welcome to the party, enjoy! https://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-party-smileys-773.gif

Mar 15 13 10:47 am Link

Model

Danielle Hieronimi

Chicago, Illinois, US

Welcome to MM!

I suggest thoroughly filling out your bio and details. Models who aren't clear about their experience, measurements, shoot expectations, and genres aren't likely to be consulted with.

Also, definitely go to the Casting/Travel tab and post a local availability notice to let photographers know you are open for work. Be sure to be clear about your shoot idea, if you want to work TF, if you do your own hair and makeup, etc.

Have fun, be safe, and good luck!

Mar 15 13 10:54 am Link

Model

CheyAnne Wilson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

What wonderful tips! Thanks so much everyone smile

Mar 15 13 11:12 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

don't cash checks from strangers!

the biggest complaint i see from models about trade shoots is not getting images. if the photographer has credits check with the models to see if they got images.

if you need to bring someone who will stay on set with you then that will limit the number of photographers you can work with. i think most are ok with a driver who drops you off, says hello and then heads to the nearest starbucks. or some will be fine if you bring your own MUA (makeup artist). likewise some are ok if you bring another female model. but if you want to bring a boyfriend that could be an issue.

Mar 15 13 11:17 am Link

Model

Nikki Magnusson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Welcome to MM !!..https://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/153/5f26ff42df6443939f1b7d7c4035c7dc/l.gif

Mar 15 13 11:29 am Link

Makeup Artist

BrianaDanielle

Los Angeles, California, US

Welcome! Be safe! smile

Mar 15 13 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Hi and welcome to MM, best wishes, have fun !

Mar 15 13 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Sojourner Images

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Welcome!  Have a blast creating art!

Mar 15 13 07:55 pm Link