Forums > Newbie Forum > Sending pictures?

Model

Asta Marteins

Reykjavík, Höfuðborgarsvæðið, Iceland

Hey, I'm pretty new here and I don't really know much about what to look out for . Recently I got a message about a shoot a really good offer and a paid one as well. But the photographer has been asking me to send her more pictures of me, so she can be sure she has the right girl for the job and I don't know if that's just normal or what? I just got a weird feeling about it. What other reasons could she have for wanting more shots of me other than just being sure of what I look like?

Apr 08 13 05:37 am Link

Photographer

wendy haigh

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

If it sounds fishy it probably is.  As a photographer, I have asked models for other photos, usually one or two is enough.  Ask the photographer why he/she needs so many,,

Apr 08 13 05:45 am Link

Model

Asta Marteins

wendy haigh wrote:
If it sounds fishy it probably is.  As a photographer, I have asked models for other photos, usually one or two is enough.  Ask the photographer why he/she needs so many,,

She says she needs to be sure I have good enough legs for the shoot, but I've already sent her 6 shots of it and in different poses like she has asked for and now I just got a mail just asking for one more pose so she can be sure, but it just seems a bit weird to me cause I would think she's seen enough. But then again I'm also thinking why not? Like why would a person with other intention want shitty self taken pics of a model?

Apr 08 13 06:01 am Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Asta Marteins wrote:

She says she needs to be sure I have good enough legs for the shoot, but I've already sent her 6 shots of it and in different poses like she has asked for and now I just got a mail just asking for one more pose so she can be sure, but it just seems a bit weird to me cause I would think she's seen enough. But then again I'm also thinking why not? Like why would a person with other intention want shitty self taken pics of a model?

Not sure what the casting is for.   But I think the photos you have in your MM portfolio should be good enough.   

Just my thoughts ~ MR

Apr 08 13 06:11 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Asta Marteins wrote:

If you were going to do nudes, I could see asking, but for legs and stomach, you have plenty of pictures in your port, and six shots should be plenty anyway, assuming they're in focus and such.  It actually sounds rather silly, but not like something which is going to help you.

You could check up on her, Iceland seems like a small enough market that someone would know about her.

Apr 08 13 06:11 am Link

Model

M A U I

Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe

If I were you, the moment I sense a red flag, I just move on although it's your risk.

Apr 08 13 06:18 am Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

Beckley, West Virginia, US

Sounds a little strange to me.  Have you checked her out?  You should contact people she's worked with before.

Apr 08 13 06:18 am Link

Photographer

Sybarite

Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherlands

WOW... you have fantastic legs and stomage... just check your port...
the fact you do the poledancing, tells me more than enough about your being in shape as a photographer....

So be ware indeed of the request

Apr 08 13 06:19 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

I think it's strange considering your port; you show off your face, your strength, flexibility and body shape in those numerous shots.

What kind of shots are you sending her?

Apr 08 13 06:25 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Sounds like "she" is not female!

Apr 08 13 06:55 am Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Flex Photography wrote:
Sounds like "she" is not female!

It's possible for "she" to BE female, and still have ulterior motives.  big_smile

Apr 08 13 06:57 am Link

Model

Asta Marteins

Drew Smith Photography wrote:
I think it's strange considering your port; you show off your face, your strength, flexibility and body shape in those numerous shots.

What kind of shots are you sending her?

She wanted to see if my legs look good with legwarmers, then she wanted to see it in different poses etc.. I don't know anything, maybe I'm panicking over nothing, but it just seems a bit weird.. IF this is not genuine, what's the worst that can happen?

Apr 08 13 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Bravo Magic Images

Temple City, California, US

Sometimes photographers look at a models port and may feel that those images on that persons port dont give out enough information but just enough to want to work with that model. They ask for other images that are not on your port to see if maybe they can find or challange themselfs to create better than what you have. I some times as if a model has any nudes she has not posted on her port but she does shoot nudes so that i can see how i can best work with her on such a style. Some models do not post nude images on their port so they do not get bothered with just that style.

If it bothers you to send out images dont do it but if you feel it will help you then do it. Good luck

Apr 08 13 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Asta Marteins wrote:

She wanted to see if my legs look good with legwarmers, then she wanted to see it in different poses etc.. I don't know anything, maybe I'm panicking over nothing, but it just seems a bit weird.. IF this is not genuine, what's the worst that can happen?

Could be just collection leg warmer photos for personal or fetish use.

That's pretty specific and odd that she would need photos of your legs IN something.

Apr 08 13 01:39 pm Link

Model

Asta Marteins

Good Egg Productions wrote:

Could be just collection leg warmer photos for personal or fetish use.

That's pretty specific and odd that she would need photos of your legs IN something.

Well alright then, I couldn't really care less then, just gonna send the pics and see what happens! big_smile

Thanks everyone you've been real helpful!!! smile

Apr 08 13 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I'm going to disagree.  If I wanted to work with you and your figure was important, I would want to see you with bare legs, standing in an uncontorted pose.

Apr 08 13 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

If they're asking for nude shots of you with your hair in pigtails holding a teddy bear, they probably ain't legit.

How many shots does one need of someone's legs to make a decision?

Apr 08 13 01:58 pm Link