Forums > Events > Hocking Hills Group Shoot Oct. 12, 2013

Photographer

Columbus Digital

Columbus, Ohio, US

Here is my schedule so far.  Only two time slots left.  Any takers?  Looking for creative type themes.

Oct. 12, 2013
  9 - 10           Open
10 -11           Sarah Joyce
11-12:30pm    AOK 
12:30 - 1:00pm   Lunch
   1 - 2pm       Evelyn04
   2 - 3pm       Open
   3 - 5pm       Liz
   5 - 6pm       Alii

Any one interested in doing a Fall version of the White Bed let me know.  It is the one shown as my avatar.

Sep 02 13 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

I will be looking to start scheduling one hour time slots between 10a and 4p.  I am looking to shoot a mix of casual country fashion/lifestyle and themed costume type shoots (cosplay), but am open to other types as well.  My main requirement is that at least one of your outfit changes will be casual country fashion/lifestyle portrait which is the main focus of my portfolio.  Anything else you need to shoot for your portfolio can be done with your other outfit changes.

I'll be looking to schedule models that I haven't had the opportunity to work with first, but will fill my schedule with models that I have worked with in the past if I don't fill up all the spots or after my final session.  I plan to stick around until about 6p if my energy holds out.

For those who don't know me, I am currently battling some fatigue issues due to chemo.  So for each hour session, I plan to shoot for 45 minutes and allow for a 15 minute break between sessions to help maintain energy throughout the day.

If you are interested in working with me, drop me a note and I'll either get you on the schedule (for new models I haven't worked with) or add you to my list of models to grab for some quick shoots after my last shoot/put on waiting list for open time slots.

Looking forward to working with each of you and to seeing all the familiar faces from the past shoots!

Sep 02 13 08:50 pm Link

Model

Alii Nicole

Columbus, Ohio, US

10-11 Lacking focus photos
11-12 All Yours Photography
12-1 open
1- 2 Lunch
2 - 3 TBerling Photography
3 - 4 open
4 - 5 Commercial Works Photo
5 - 6 Columbus Digital
6 - 7 open

Sep 03 13 09:11 am Link

Photographer

magicstore

Wheeling, West Virginia, US

Sarah told me about this last night. I so need to pay more attention to events lol. Anyway count me in!

As of now:
10-11 pending
11-12 open
12-1 pending
1- 2 open
2 - 3 pending
3 - 4 open
4 - 5 open
5 - 6 open
6 - 7 open
5 - 6 open
6 - 7 open

Sep 04 13 05:44 am Link

Model

Alii Nicole

Columbus, Ohio, US

12-1 Shawn Ingram Photography
1- 2 Lunch
3 - 4 open
5 - 6 Columbus Digital
6 - 7 open

Sep 04 13 11:40 am Link

Model

Mandy1983

Columbus, Ohio, US

Hello Jim,
Thanks for the invite.  Please add me to the list.  I am now 5 months pregnant so if any one is interested in shooting with me please send me a message.  I would like some great outdoor fall shots that would go well with my present condition.

My schedule is wide open!

Mandy

Sep 04 13 01:47 pm Link

Model

Sarah Joyce

Cambridge, Ohio, US

I have a full schedule as of right now. If I have any cancellations or anything I'll let you all know!

Sep 04 13 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Lynch

Dayton, Ohio, US

Looking forward to October.

Sep 07 13 04:13 am Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

Michael Lynch wrote:
Looking forward to October.

ME, TOO!

Sep 07 13 01:01 pm Link

Model

Stella Made

Tampa, Florida, US

I am possibly interested in attending this group shoot if that's okay! It seems like fun and I'd really like to meet other models, MUAs, hair stylists and TOGs in the area. About this cabin rental, is there a website of what they look like? I might be possibly in renting for 2 nights. Thanks so much! -Stella

Sep 08 13 10:17 am Link

Model

Ms Freakz

Abbeville, Alabama, US

Hi everyone smile I have been talking with guy and have decided to attend this year as a newbie... please check out my profile here & fb to see some pics and if you are interested in working with me please contact me... help me fill up my schedule smile
https://www.facebook.com/MsFreakz

Sep 08 13 10:54 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Stella Made wrote:
I am possibly interested in attending this group shoot if that's okay! It seems like fun and I'd really like to meet other models, MUAs, hair stylists and TOGs in the area. About this cabin rental, is there a website of what they look like? I might be possibly in renting for 2 nights. Thanks so much! -Stella

HI Stella:

Welcome to the HH group shoot.  I'm sure that you'll like it here.

The website for Jim's cabins is:

http://www.hockinghills.com/enchantedacres/

Jim has those dates blocked on his website (so that someone not connected to the shoot can't reserve them) so you have to contact him directly or through this thread.  Jim is Cascading Falls Photography, the first post in this thread.

Sep 08 13 07:48 pm Link

Model

Elle Archer

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I don't think I'm going to be able to come anymore, I have an exam I can't change the Friday before and that was when my ride was planning on leaving.  Really wish I could come!!  Also very sorry to all the photographers I had planned on shooting with, I wish I could still be there but unless I can find a ride leaving from the Cleveland area Friday evening I can't go.

Sep 08 13 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

For those thinking of squeezing in a little extra shooting before or after the official event, on Oct. 12th

sunrise will be 7:40 AM
sunset is at 6:57 PM.

Sep 09 13 01:02 am Link

Model

zara_may

Zanesville, Ohio, US

Would like to do Halloween pic at photo shoot sexy but evil kinda look vampires exc.. With simple prop that won't take long to set up if interested let me know would love to hear idea and see what magic a photographer can bring up ty

Sep 09 13 07:47 am Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

Lynni C wrote:
Can't wait to see everyone again!!

I don't see Steve C. Or Larry...do they know about it?  (I didn't know about it until Jim sent me a message)

Nope, didn't know about it until Mike mentioned it yesterday at Buck Creek. 
*glares at Jim*

So sign me up...

wink

Sep 09 13 10:16 am Link

Model

Elle Archer

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jim is amazing and going to pick me up from the bus station so I can still come so I'd still like to shoot with everyone and am excited to meet everyone!

Sep 09 13 10:45 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Isabelle111994 wrote:
Jim is amazing and going to pick me up from the bus station so I can still come so I'd still like to shoot with everyone and am excited to meet everyone!

There are no finer hosts than Jim & Sharon.

Sep 09 13 07:40 pm Link

Model

Alii Nicole

Columbus, Ohio, US

updated!

12-1 LensSexy
1- 2 Lunch
3 - 4 Shawn Ingram Photo   
5 - 6 Columbus Digital
6 - 7 open

Sep 09 13 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

So far:
9:
10:
11:
12:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:  Alli
7: ?
8:  ?

Sep 09 13 08:23 pm Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

Hey, guys!!

Please keep me in mind for any of your extra openings because I have a few new, pretty kool outfits and a costume or two I'd love to get some shots in.  No need for a full hour, or even a full half..lol.

Steve C., maybe a couple quick pirate shots if you can fit me in, between two slots. 

Shawn, it would be awesome if Alii and I could get a couple fun/silly ones together, since she was pretty sick for our family shoot at Jeffery, if you think you have a 5-10 minute break in there and if you have any energy for it.

Still waiting to get a couple images creatd by McGrath, too.  (You took some adorable shots of Alii and the puppy.)

Jim, I want to gussy Sharon up and get some shots of her...talk her into it please!  smile

Dan, Guy, Michael L., Michael E., Jim, Shawn, just keep this ole mama in mind for a photo or three, and make me bee-oooooo-teeee-fullll!!  ; )

Sep 09 13 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

Lynn, sure, anytime.  schedule is above... wink

Sep 09 13 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Sorry Lynni:

I can't make you bee-oooooo-teeee-fullll.  That job is already done.  smile

Sep 10 13 12:48 am Link

Model

Kara Ann

Xenia, Ohio, US

Hey guys! I'm a newbie but would love to go, so message me if you want to shoot! smile

Sep 10 13 05:51 am Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

SteveC wrote:

Nope, didn't know about it until Mike mentioned it yesterday at Buck Creek. 
*glares at Jim*

So sign me up...

wink

Pay attention son, watch the events. Do I look like your Mama[LOL]
I was wondering where you were. Glad to have you back. You have been here since the beginning and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Lynni, If you have something you want to shoot in, bring it on. I will give you all the time you want. A lovely lady like you shouldn't have to beg time from anyone.

Sep 10 13 06:31 am Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

Cascading Falls Photogr wrote:

Not at all.  my Mom was MUCH better looking..........lol

Sep 10 13 07:45 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Kara Ann wrote:
Hey guys! I'm a newbie but would love to go, so message me if you want to shoot! smile

Welcome to the HH Group Shoot!  I'm sure that you'll like it here.

Sep 10 13 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

McGrath

Chillicothe, Ohio, US

Has anyone had any response back from Laynaa Rae? I had one response but nothing after that to confirm schedule.
Hocking Hills Group Shoot  Oct 12

9-11   Isabelle111994
11-12 Zara May
12-1   Lunch
1-2    Laynaa Rae
2-4    TrishInBoots
4-5   SarahStout

Sep 10 13 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

McGrath

Chillicothe, Ohio, US

I'm also trying to come up with some outdoor settings that we could create stations in the woods that everyone could use . Anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

As an example. Maybe 2 sheets of steel galvanized metal 8' overlapped to create a shiny background with wavy texture and a small flat platform in front of it to stand on.  (depending on if I found it for the right price)

I tried to find someone that had an old wooden barrell that we could cut out the bottom and turn into an outdoor shower. But the ones I found were like $50-$100
Just a thought.....

Sep 10 13 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

Looking to fill up last slots..  I'm looking for models that I have not shot with in the past for these slots.  If you are interested in shooting with me, drop me a note.  I am only booking up through 4p.  From 4-6 I plan on hanging out to catch up with everyone and if there are models around that I have shot with before that wants to do a quick shoot of an outfit or look, hit me up at that time.  At this point I have both Lynni C and Kira Night on that list.  If there are more, we can do mini-shoots during this time as time and energy permits.

Slots that are currently booked are models that I have had to cancel previous shoots with.  That is the only reason there are models on the schedule that I've already shot with before.  These are rescheduled shoots for them.

Current Schedule:

10-11a   Lynn Adia #3034724
11-noon Claymore Dixon #2977115
noon-1p OPEN
1-2p      OPEN
2-3p      Mandy1983 #3025385
3-4p      Alii Nicole #2238996

With Mandy, I'll be doing maternity portraiture.  The rest are possibly a mix between costume and lifestyle portraiture.  I am always looking to build my portraiture portfolio, so I'm looking to do at least one outfit of casual fashion that you would see in portraits/head shots.  Other outfits for your shoot can be anything that you want for your portfolio.  Costumes, boudoir, etc.

One other thing I will be doing at the shoot is behind the scenes shots.  I'll have a backup photographer there who will be taking shots of our interaction during our shoots.  It is still in question if Tessie, the backup photographer I had at the first Buck Creek shoot, will be able to make it or not.  If not, I have another one lined up.  If Tessie makes it too, I will have Jason doing video clips of our shoots to play around with some fusion videos coupling stills and video into short videos.  If Tessie doesn't make it, I may have Jason doing a little of both.  That is still up in the air but something I'd like to do with my shoots during the day.

I will be working on a magazine concept for 2014.  I had planned to be working on it now but chemo has kinda put a damper on energy and I'm behind with all my other work.  But it is possible that shots from this shoot (as with all my other model shoots) could be used for story features.  Photographers, if you are interested in working with the magazine to be included, we can pow-wow about it between 4-6 and I can fill you in on the concept, prospective submission guidelines, etc.  I'm planning it to be a magazine to highlight both models and photographers of our region..  I still have a lot of details to work out as I have energy, but this will be something I definitely plan to get going, hopefully, first quarter 2014.

Sep 10 13 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

McGrath wrote:
I'm also trying to come up with some outdoor settings that we could create stations in the woods that everyone could use . Anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

This sounds like an awesome idea..  Although with the short time to the shoot and low funds atm, I'm not going to be much help.  Maybe this is something that we can work with Jim off-season to get some station areas set up..

A distressed wood wall with window and door to resemble a shed with ivy growing over it (windows painted black on the inside to prevent seeing through) has been one that I've been contemplating for a while.

I like the galvanized metal idea..  Maybe instead of new, someone could find some old sheet metal siding somewhere that has rust areas on it to give that aged vintage look..

Maybe a wall of boards painted barn red to resemble the side of a barn..

A split rail fence area on the edge of the woods.  Three posts and four rails should be a big enough section..

Those are just some thoughts..  Whatever we can't do by this shoot, if Jim is open to the idea maybe we can get some more stations set before the spring shoot..

Sep 10 13 03:21 pm Link

Model

Kara Ann

Xenia, Ohio, US

OK I feel really bad but I'm not going to be able to come anymore sad it's the day before my birthday and my boyfriend made plans for me--sorry!!

Sep 10 13 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

McGrath

Chillicothe, Ohio, US

Lynni, I will try to get some time to grab a few shots with you smile

I think you would look awesome in a "Mother Nature" setting.

just an idea.... smile

Sep 10 13 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

McGrath

Chillicothe, Ohio, US

Shawn Ingram Photo wrote:

This sounds like an awesome idea..  Although with the short time to the shoot and low funds atm, I'm not going to be much help.  Maybe this is something that we can work with Jim off-season to get some station areas set up..

A distressed wood wall with window and door to resemble a shed with ivy growing over it (windows painted black on the inside to prevent seeing through) has been one that I've been contemplating for a while.

I like the galvanized metal idea..  Maybe instead of new, someone could find some old sheet metal siding somewhere that has rust areas on it to give that aged vintage look..

Maybe a wall of boards painted barn red to resemble the side of a barn..

A split rail fence area on the edge of the woods.  Three posts and four rails should be a big enough section..

Those are just some thoughts..  Whatever we can't do by this shoot, if Jim is open to the idea maybe we can get some more stations set before the spring shoot..

Shawn, yeah it is a short amount of time to get this stuff together. I'm not sure what I can come up with but I'm going to try to at least get a few things.
I like the idea of working on it before the spring shoot if Jim is ok with it.

Sep 10 13 06:22 pm Link

Model

Lynn Adia

Columbus, Ohio, US

I will gladly be attending! Jim and his property are both amazing and I am excited to be going back!
I will be attending from 10am to about 6pm with Shawn Ingram and his assistants.

Current Schedule
10-11 Shawn Ingram
11-12 open
12-1 Free for networking and food!
1-2 All Yours Photography
2-3 open
3-4 open
4-5 open
5-6 open

Sep 10 13 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

SteveC wrote:

Not at all.  my Mom was MUCH better looking..........lol

I have feelings too you know???

Sep 10 13 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

McGrath wrote:

Shawn, yeah it is a short amount of time to get this stuff together. I'm not sure what I can come up with but I'm going to try to at least get a few things.
I like the idea of working on it before the spring shoot if Jim is ok with it.

This stuff will be great with me. I know where I can get enough rails for a few sections of split rail fence.

Sep 10 13 08:58 pm Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

Cascading Falls Photogr wrote:

I was wondering where you were. Glad to have you back. You have been here since the beginning and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Lynni, If you have something you want to shoot in, bring it on. I will give you all the time you want. A lovely lady like you shouldn't have to beg time from anyone.

You are such a sweeti, Jim!!

Sep 10 13 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

McGrath wrote:
Has anyone had any response back from Laynaa Rae? I had one response but nothing after that to confirm

I haven't gotten a response from Alaynaa since Aug. 23rd.  She's read my messages and she just logged onto the site yesterday.

Sep 10 13 09:11 pm Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

Shawn Ingram Photo wrote:
I will be looking to start scheduling one hour time slots between 10a and 4p.  I am looking to shoot a mix of casual country fashion/lifestyle and themed costume type shoots (cosplay), but am open to other types as well.  My main requirement is that at least one of your outfit changes will be casual country fashion/lifestyle portrait which is the main focus of my portfolio.  Anything else you need to shoot for your portfolio can be done with your other outfit changes.

I'll be looking to schedule models that I haven't had the opportunity to work with first, but will fill my schedule with models that I have worked with in the past if I don't fill up all the spots or after my final session.  I plan to stick around until about 6p if my energy holds out.

For those who don't know me, I am currently battling some fatigue issues due to chemo.  So for each hour session, I plan to shoot for 45 minutes and allow for a 15 minute break between sessions to help maintain energy throughout the day.

If you are interested in working with me, drop me a note and I'll either get you on the schedule (for new models I haven't worked with) or add you to my list of models to grab for some quick shoots after my last shoot/put on waiting list for open time slots.

Looking forward to working with each of you and to seeing all the familiar faces from the past shoots!

Shawn!! Count me in on the waiting list for any extra spot you may have, for "old faithful", here..lol.  Your work is always spectacular!! (Even IF we just shot a few weeks ago.)

Sep 10 13 09:13 pm Link