Forums > Newbie Forum > Should I worry?

Model

Nat Ammons

Oceanside, California, US

I am still very new to how everything works and I wondering if I should worry at all. I have had people say that they would love to work with me, want to meet, but then I hear not from them after that. I would love to get some new work done and I want to push what I can do. Am I doing something wrong? I am feeling lost and unsure what I should do now. Any input from any one...

Aug 17 13 09:32 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

casting call? availability notice? hitting up local photographers you'd like to work with? just a few things you can try if you haven't already.

most of my shoots come from models tagging me with "would love to work with you"

Aug 17 13 09:40 am Link

Photographer

BQUINN

Rockford, Illinois, US

Well you being a Marine, you could probably kick most of the photographers asses on this site. Find a good photographer you trust and practice, the rest will fall into place.

Aug 17 13 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Jayc Yu

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Words are wind.

Aug 17 13 11:56 am Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

Trust your instinct

If they don't reply back then don't worry and move on

Aug 17 13 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Penguin Works

San Juan Capistrano, California, US

I agree with everyone else completely. If you don't get a reply, don't worry, just move on. I have shot messages out to tons of models and never heard back. Others have and I have had the chance to do a shoot. Just be patient and don't let anything get in your Ooda-loop.

Aug 18 13 11:10 am Link

Photographer

robert b mitchell

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

I get that all the time. Many times nothing happens so you move on. smile

Aug 18 13 11:50 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Nat Ammons wrote:
I am still very new to how everything works and I wondering if I should worry at all. I have had people say that they would love to work with me, want to meet, but then I hear not from them after that. I would love to get some new work done and I want to push what I can do. Am I doing something wrong? I am feeling lost and unsure what I should do now. Any input from any one...

Unfortunately, this small bit of information only paints a small picture, so one would need to jump to conclusions and/or guess as to what is wrong.

On one hand we could assume the photographer simply lost interest, got distracted, forgot, or decided to pursue things with someone else and did not let you know.

On the other hand, it could be something in what you're saying that is causing them to question if they wish to work with you.  I'm not saying that is the problem, just that lacking information it is a possibility to consider.

It is against the site rules to post private messages without permission so we really can't look at/read what has transpired to try to say "there, that is why", so I guess you'll have to figure out if it is them or if it is you.

That said, it is pretty common on here for discussions to simply stop or fade away, it may be that or it may be something else.

Sorry I cannot be more specific based on the info provided.

Aug 18 13 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

myfotographer

Fresno, California, US

We'll see. PM being sent.

Aug 18 13 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

L2Photography net

University City, Missouri, US

Being active duty as a Marine maybe photographers are intimidated. I would love to work with you if we were in the same city. Oh and thank you for your service.
L2

Aug 18 13 02:06 pm Link

Model

Figuremodel001

Chicago, Illinois, US

Don't worry, sounds very normal. Just keep trying.

Aug 18 13 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I think some people just get off on models telling them yes.

Aug 18 13 02:28 pm Link

Model

Nat Ammons

Oceanside, California, US

Thank you all for your input, suggestions, and thoughts. I am slowly and surely getting the hang of all this stuff that is still very new to me.

Aug 18 13 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

Revenge Photography

Horsham, Victoria, Australia

There are a lot of tyre kickers on here, it happens to us all.

Just keep at it and play the numbers game smile

Aug 18 13 05:58 pm Link

Model

Alice in Wonderland

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

i can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. the worst is "hey here's my idea, you need this this and this and we'll shoot here on this date" so you plan for it and the night before "oh sorry i forgot to tell you, i moved across the country. good luck with life."

wtf peeps.

but as others have said, just keep trying! you do eventually find someone and occasionally you find great photographers! you just can't give up big_smile

Aug 19 13 11:23 am Link