This thread was locked on 2015-05-02 19:21:53
Forums > Events > **FETISHCON 2014** Tampa, Fl **Aug 7-10**

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

AmandaFoxx wrote:
Wow. OK umm yeah just for the record, I enjoy my vodka libations in the evenings, AFTER my scheduled shoots.
Just sayin'.

Respect

Jul 22 14 08:07 pm Link

Model

AmandaFoxx

Tampa, Florida, US

Yes please to cookies!

And Naughty Ties, you are within a few miles of me, what's up with that!

Woohoo!!!!!! 14 days!!!!!!!

Looks like I'm going to have to do the countdown this year, someone's slacking.

Jul 24 14 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Two weeks from today bitches!  Woo hoo!

Jul 24 14 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

AmandaFoxx wrote:
Yes please to cookies!

And Naughty Ties, you are within a few miles of me, what's up with that!

Woohoo!!!!!! 14 days!!!!!!!

Looks like I'm going to have to do the countdown this year, someone's slacking.

Well I usually start my personal countdown at ten days but we can start now.  smile

14 days.....

And we def have to talk at the Con and see what we can work out.  smile

Jul 24 14 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

Less than 11 days until I hit the road.

A request for advice: What's the best (fastest and most hassle-free) route from Chicagoland to Tampa?

I know from living in the area for 20+ years (and making frequent trips to Michigan) that there is no good way to get past Chicago to parts south and/or east, only a choice of various bad ways. But once past Chicago, the chief choices seem to be:

I-65 down to I-24, dealing with going through or (preferably) around Indianapolis, Louisville, and Nashville, then I-24 to I-75, then I-75 south, dealing with going around Atlanta but otherwise OK. This is the route I have been taking

I-57 south to I-24, still having to deal with Nashville, but avoiding Indianapolis and Louisville, then continue on I-24 to I-75 and then as above.

I-65 to Indy as above, but then I-74 to I-75 at Cincinnati and then south from there.

Anyone here care to offer their own experiences?

Jul 25 14 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Sablesword wrote:

A request for advice: What's the best (fastest and most hassle-free) route from Chicagoland to Tampa?

I know from living in the area for 20+ years (and making frequent trips to Michigan) that there is no good way to get past Chicago to parts south and/or east, only a choice of various bad ways. But once past Chicago, the chief choices seem to be:

I-65 down to I-24, dealing with going through or (preferably) around Indianapolis, Louisville, and Nashville, then I-24 to I-75, then I-75 south, dealing with going around Atlanta but otherwise OK. This is the route I have been taking

I-57 south to I-24, still having to deal with Nashville, but avoiding Indianapolis and Louisville, then continue on I-24 to I-75 and then as above.

I-65 to Indy as above, but then I-74 to I-75 at Cincinnati and then south from there.

Fastest is without a doubt 57-24-75. You must time it however to avoid Nashville, Chattanooga and above all else Atlanta, at peak traffic times, the bypass at Macon ( 475 ) is a must also.

From the FL/GA border to downtown Tampa is 3 hours.

Jul 25 14 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Gibson

Altoona, Pennsylvania, US

Sablesword wrote:

Try plotting your trip on Mapquest http://www.mapquest.com and see what they say.

Jul 25 14 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

Dave Gibson wrote:
Try plotting your trip on Mapquest http://www.mapquest.com and see what they say.

Mapquest, Google Maps, and GPS are wonderful tools, but they do have their blind spots. The I-65 route is shorter and theoretically faster, but without manual override Mapquest et. al. will guide you straight through the centers of Indy, Louisville, Nashville, and Atlanta. Which is not the best way to go.

So I'm looking for some human input, in addition.

Jul 25 14 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

joeyk wrote:
Fastest is without a doubt 57-24-75. You must time it however to avoid Nashville, Chattanooga and above all else Atlanta, at peak traffic times, the bypass at Macon ( 475 ) is a must also.

It sounds like you're speaking from personal experience. For which I thank you. smile Learning from someone elses personal experience is always less expensive than having to learn from your own.

The bypass at Macon is enough of a no-brainer that even my dumb in-car GPS takes it automatically.

Jul 25 14 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Handcuffed Babes

Tampa, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

I've driven this many times and I was about to post a is exact route, so for what it's worth I second that recommendation. 

The only thing I would add is that traveling to the con from Chicago area I would opt to fly instead no question about it.  Unless you are planning a whole road trip out of it and have reasons to be stopping in Atlanta or somewhere else on your way then flying can actually be almost the same price once you factor in fuel, car depreciation, parking fees at the Hilton (which you won't have to pay if you take a shuttle from the airport to the hotel), etc.  Even if you have a bulk of gear that would be expensive to fly with you can ship it ahead to the FedEx store across the street and ship it back from there (lower loss/damage chance vs airline luggage too).  Just my two cents.

Jul 25 14 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

Sounds like I should at least give the I-57 route a try.

As for flying to Fetishcon, I flew there my first two years, and drove the next three. Having seen both sides of that coin, I plan to stick to driving.

Jul 26 14 01:34 am Link

Photographer

T-Dog Studio

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Sablesword wrote:

Some construction getting into Nashville ( not bad ).  Chattanooga can be a bottleneck so try and avoid peak times there.

Jul 26 14 02:38 am Link

Photographer

KDPhoto

Columbia, South Carolina, US

I am going this year. I'm sure this year will be a huge success.
Kent

Jul 26 14 02:50 am Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

KDPhoto wrote:
I am going this year. I'm sure this year will be a huge success.
Kent

Every year is a huge success when it comes to FetCon! Glad you're able to make it this year.  smile

Jul 26 14 09:28 am Link

Photographer

Perkunas Image Works

Tampa, Florida, US

Artists have been notified and we're looking forward to another great Art of Kink show.

I'll be around Friday, Saturday and Sunday to do some shooting. Anyone interested in doing something?

Jul 26 14 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

T-Dog Studio wrote:
Some construction getting into Nashville ( not bad ).  Chattanooga can be a bottleneck so try and avoid peak times there.

Where is the construction?

The first time, I drove through downtown Nashville (bad mistake...) After that I took the 155 (Briley Parkway) bypass.

I'm planning on the same general schedule as the last three years: Tuesday, stop somewhere about an hour short of Nashville; Wednesday, get to Chattanooga 11am-noon, and then to/around Atlanta 1-2pm. Continue on to Valdosta before stopping. Thursday, arrive at the con hotel around noon.

Jul 27 14 08:31 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Sablesword wrote:
It sounds like you're speaking from personal experience. For which I thank you. smile Learning from someone elses personal experience is always less expensive than having to learn from your own.

Driven it many times. Chattanooga can be rough, changing lanes several times to stay on the same interstate. And traffic is terrible there, avoid 3-6 like the plague. When you head south on 75 from 24, it's like bumper cars fro about 10 miles, watch it.

Likewise Atlanta, 3-6 there is no good way, but at 8pm, you can roll right through the downtown at 80mph.

And from Valdosta south, Georgia highway patrol on many overpasses, watch the two locals where the speed limit drops...

Jul 27 14 09:42 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Sablesword wrote:
Continue on to Valdosta before stopping.

Valdosta, exit 18, Comfort Suites, great hotel, great staff. 3 1/2 hours from there to downtown Tampa.

Try Priceline, Valodosta, exit 18, 2 star, $69.

Jul 27 14 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Juicylicious

Orlando, Florida, US

looking for 2 more fetish models 18-28 y/o for last 2 spot on a hard spanking video shoot.

Jul 27 14 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

Sablesword wrote:
And from Valdosta south, Georgia highway patrol on many overpasses, watch the two locals where the speed limit drops...

Amen to that! We lived in Valdosta for 29 agonizing years and learned the hard way about Sheriff Ashley Paulk and his band of over zealous deputies patrolling Lowndes County from top to the Florida border. I highly encourage anyone driving I-75 through Lowndes to drive under the posted limit or tickets will be in your future.

Jul 27 14 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

Naughty Ties wrote:
Amen to that! We lived in Valdosta for 29 agonizing years and learned the hard way about Sheriff Ashley Paulk and his band of over zealous deputies patrolling Lowndes County from top to the Florida border. I highly encourage anyone driving I-75 through Lowndes to drive under the posted limit or tickets will be in your future.

By way of contrast, there's Gary Megge of the Michigan State Police. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/0 … e-too-low/

Jul 27 14 01:59 pm Link

Model

taylor dawn

Pompano Beach, Florida, US

Sablesword wrote:

Pie, cake, and bread don't travel that well. I've found that oatmeal choc chip cookies are the best for road-trip goodies.

I'll be happy to share if you ask nicely.

have you ever tried butterscotch oatmeal cookies?

Jul 27 14 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Hmmmm...did my post about the Lowndes County sheriff get deleted? I see it's been quoted by the original post seems to be gone. Did I violate a rule or something?

Jul 27 14 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

I think you just fumbled the quoting, putting your own stuff inside the quote box instead of below it.

Jul 27 14 05:56 pm Link

Body Painter

Cat Camp

Tampa, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:
Likewise Atlanta, 3-6 there is no good way, but at 8pm, you can roll right through the downtown at 80mph.

Here, here! Figure out how to do Atlanta on an off hour & go straight through; much easier than the beltway.

Jul 27 14 06:03 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

Juicylicious wrote:
looking for 2 more fetish models 18-28 y/o for last 2 spot on a hard spanking video shoot.

stop hating on us 30 year olds man ;P

Jul 27 14 09:35 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

i should start mapping out all the outfits im gonna need for shooting now... need to stop procrastinating lol..

this years shoots go to fund me a new phone so i can actually check my emails, social sites, and such while traveling lol

Jul 27 14 09:38 pm Link

Model

Mizz Amanda Marie

Valparaiso, Indiana, US

I've still got plenty of open time to book or FC. I usually book most of my stuff at the con, but I'm bringin' my man candy for the first time this year to shoot with me and it'd be nice if I had a little more from the get-go.

So, who else still has openings and wants to get together and work? smile

Also, as I usually get lots of offers for g/g work, anybody interested in being on my list of models to shoot with? I am known to hook a b*tch up. <3

Jul 28 14 06:04 am Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Sablesword wrote:
I think you just fumbled the quoting, putting your own stuff inside the quote box instead of below it.

That's what I get when I drink and type at the same time.  lol

Jul 28 14 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

Cat Camp wrote:
Here, here! Figure out how to do Atlanta on an off hour & go straight through; much easier than the beltway.

The problem is not just avoiding rush hour in Atlanta, but avoiding as many different rush hours as possible.

Chicago: Start mid-to-late morning, to avoid the worst of the morning rush. This still means dealing with Chicago, of course. And it's not practical for me to leave early enough to get through Chicago before the morning rush.

Indy and Louisville: The advantage of taking I-57 instead of I-65 is that it lets me avoid both these cities entirely.

Nashville: I'm going to catch the tail end of the morning rush. Avoiding this means either a delay that will put me in Atlanta rush hour traffic, or else managing to get past Nashville the evening before - which I've never been able to do. So I'll take the 155 bypass around the north side and hope for the best.

Chattanooga: Try to get past in the late morning, before noon.

Atlanta: Try to get past in the early afternoon, before 2pm.

Tampa: Arrive at noon.

And a question for those who know: Given that I'm going to be tackling Atlanta around 12noon-2pm, which is the less-bad route: Around the perimeter to the west, or straight through?

Jul 28 14 10:11 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Sablesword wrote:
straight through?

There ya go!

Jul 28 14 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

T-Dog Studio

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I don't think I can wait another week.

Jul 28 14 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Handcuffed Babes

Tampa, Florida, US

Atlanta is a unique city in that tractor trailers are required to take the bypass.  This makes the bypass slow and going straight through faster.

Jul 29 14 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

T-Dog Studio wrote:
I don't think I can wait another week.

Well you're just gonna have to! So there!

Jul 29 14 10:36 am Link

Photographer

T-Dog Studio

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Naughty Ties wrote:

Well you're just gonna have to! So there!

I may have to wait but that don't mean I got to like it, Badman

Jul 29 14 04:41 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

hrm two shooting slots left....  someone pair me with beautiful women and let me molest them please lol

Jul 29 14 04:45 pm Link

Model

AmandaFoxx

Tampa, Florida, US

Yum! You know I'll pair with you Orias smile
I have one slot left but I'd make one for that!!!

Jul 29 14 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

orias wrote:
hrm two shooting slots left....  someone pair me with beautiful women and let me molest them please lol

Sexist remark! Why can't you molest me?

Jul 29 14 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

T-Dog Studio wrote:

I may have to wait but that don't mean I got to like it, Badman

Haha....right? Not long now though!  smile

Jul 29 14 07:11 pm Link

Model

Alexa SLR

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Mizz Amanda Marie wrote:
I've still got plenty of open time to book or FC. I usually book most of my stuff at the con, but I'm bringin' my man candy for the first time this year to shoot with me and it'd be nice if I had a little more from the get-go.

So, who else still has openings and wants to get together and work? smile

Also, as I usually get lots of offers for g/g work, anybody interested in being on my list of models to shoot with? I am known to hook a b*tch up. <3

I would be happy to shoot with you.

Jul 30 14 06:20 am Link