Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
Kind of weird, but really nice art direction

http://gawker.com/theres-no-getting-aro … 1308234473

Well animated, too.

Weird?  How so.

I think the animation was great, and I think the message was even better.  And the music?  Lovely!

I really hope people start to think about what they're putting into their bodies, and look into eating more clean.  Be that at Chipotle (I don't know all about them, but they seem to offer much more clean food than other fast food restaurants), or by buying half a cow at an independent farm that doesn't inject their animals with growth hormone and preventative antibiotics.  People should be aware, and this ad is a great start!

Sep 13 13 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Laura Ann - Fashion wrote:
Weird?  How so.

Not being that up on the whole Chipotle marketing rap, I was unaware of that "antibiotic-free cow" context, so going on the animation alone I mainly got, "Don't worry. We'll kill our cows off camera and chop them up in a distant wide shot so you won't have to see it at all. Just keep your eye on the bright red pepper and think 'vegetables!'"

Sep 14 13 12:48 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

very sly campaign by a corporate mass produced food chain claiming that it doesn't follow the pattern of corporate mass produced/consumed food chains.

standard appeal to emotion madison ave. stuff, but the animation is well done.

it's funny that i was just listening to sia, and for a second i thought that was her. smile apple did a very nice rendition of that song. it's too bad that song never got more recognition. it's actually very well written.

all i know is, every time i have ever stepped foot in a chipotle, i come out deaf. they pump music so loud in those places that it's almost impossible to ingest food.

i think farmer boys tries a similar tack--message wise--but they aren't quite as heavy handed in their approach.

Sep 14 13 01:52 am Link

Photographer

Adam J Caldwell

London, England, United Kingdom

https://i44.tinypic.com/295g8sx.jpg

Billy Mays here.....

Sep 14 13 01:54 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Weird, and a bit disturbing too, like a nightmare of vertigo and falling. The music is demented and eerie.

It's more like a short story movie. Lots of negativism and guilt mongering. The message is mild to muddled.

The Chipotle message or branding is not clear at all until they stick it on at the end like a thumb tack.

The animation and construction, however, is brilliant.

It's an amazing piece of work wandering aimlessly in search of a purpose.

---

It feels like the Chipotle corporate guys bought it at the last Comic Con then stuck their name on the end.

Sep 14 13 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
Weird, and a bit disturbing too, like a nightmare of vertigo and falling. The music is demented and eerie.

It's more like a short story movie. Lots of negativism and guilt mongering. The message is mild to muddled.

The Chipotle message or branding is not clear at all until they stick it on at the end like a thumb tack.

The animation and construction, however, is brilliant.

It's an amazing piece of work wandering aimlessly in search of a purpose.

---

It feels like the Chipotle corporate guys bought it at the last Comic Con then stuck their name on the end.

heehee

Sep 14 13 07:32 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

As far as I know, Chipotle offers beef and chicken burritos as main menu items, so the part about torturing animals is a little uncomfortable to associate with their branding. That part seems like a mistake to me.

If their point is that they only kill free range chickens and cows not locked in head clamps, then it didn't come across very well.

Thinking about tortured animals kills my appetite for a beef burrito.

---

For comparison, this fast food ad is positive, upbeat and punches it's point in 14 seconds or less:

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7qFC/wendys-mont … -buck-buck

Each second is packed with purppose and message focus. Even the third support person who subliminally says "winner" right on cue without being distracting.

Nothing superfluous.

Sep 14 13 07:38 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
For comparison, this fast food ad is positive, upbeat and punches it's point in 14 seconds or less:

https://a.abcnews.com/images/Business/HT_new_wendys_logo1_fast_food_thg_130716_16x9_608.jpg

And it says "mom" right under her chin.

Sep 14 13 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
As far as I know, Chipotle offers beef and chicken burritos as main menu items, so the part about torturing animals is a little uncomfortable to associate with their branding. That part seems like a mistake to me.

If their point is that they only kill free range chickens and cows not locked in head clamps, then it didn't come across very well.

Thinking about tortured animals kills my appetite for a beef burrito.

---

Each second is packed with purppose and message focus. Even the third support person who subliminally says "winner" right on cue without being distracting.

Nothing superfluous.

I don't know about all the branding and commercials ( which are all BS to me anyways) But I'd much rather eat Chipolte than Wendy's.

Advertising doesn't make me by anything because well it's advertising.

Sep 14 13 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
And it says "mom" right under her chin.

Is that what they mean by "adding production value"?

Sep 14 13 10:31 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Click Hamilton wrote:

Is that what they mean by "adding production value"?

Mon's right there, under your chin, to wipe up your dribbles.

Sep 14 13 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Chicchowmein wrote:
I don't know about all the branding and commercials ( which are all BS to me anyways) But I'd much rather eat Chipolte than Wendy's.

Advertising doesn't make me by anything because well it's advertising.

Advertising obviously plays an important role in shaping our markets, but I agree a burrito at Chipotles sounds better to me too.

Sep 14 13 10:36 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

The message this sends to me isn't to eat at Chipotle's. It's to go vegan. I've been moving in that direction over the last six months anyway, though I haven't cut dairy or poultry out of my diet (yet). If I become stricter, dairy will be the next to go.

So I have to agree that the message it sends is muddled, though it did succeed in reminding me that there is a chain called Chipotle.

Sep 14 13 12:47 pm Link