Forums > General Industry > Rest in Peace my Dear Friend

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:
A message from Jamie's mom, concerning the tags that have been left on her profile.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/1196394

:heart:

Nov 30 13 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Laura Ann - Fashion wrote:
I went with Jamie to one of her doctors appointments, and while we were waiting, we played hangman on the chalkboard and drew little messages to each other.  That's probably one of my favorite memories, she was always so full of life and could smile through anything.

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/ChicagoNix/RIP9_zpsf65d87e5.jpg

That is a great photo. I can see why you would treasure it and the memory it represents.

I think it would look great to see that displayed on her profile page, and I'll do that if you are ok with it.

Nov 30 13 08:15 am Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:

That is a great photo. I can see why you would treasure it and the memory it represents.

I think it would look great to see that displayed on her profile page, and I'll do that if you are ok with it.

That's fine by me, Dean.

Nov 30 13 08:17 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

That's fine by me, Dean.

Thank you Laura

Nov 30 13 08:25 am Link

Retoucher

LightFeatherRetouch

Bratislava, Bratislavský, Slovakia

So sad, still so young. RIP Jamie

Nov 30 13 08:32 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Heart-breaking! I looked through Jamie's port here and on facebook. Her images really come across (to me anyway) as her being a very energetic, adventurous person with a great sense of humor and passion for life. I hope that she did not suffer in her passing and that, in time, those images and memories that go along with them, will bring some sort of peace (and perhaps even a smile) to all of those who knew and loved her.

R.I.P young lady.

Nov 30 13 09:07 am Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Here is information about arrangements for Jamie:

http://www.memorialsolutions.com/sitema … 73950Sedam

There is also a guestbook to sign and a place to post pictures.  Donations can be made to Jamie's daughter, Natalie, although I don't see a way to do that through the site.  I'll be contacting Jamie's mom to ask her about a Paypal account that people can donate to.

Nov 30 13 09:28 am Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

For those wanting to donate to Jamie's daughter, Natalie Anne, please send your donations via PayPal to the email address [email protected]   Donations sent as a gift won't have any money taken out by PayPal.  Tracey (Jamie's mother) greatly appreciates your support

Edit: Please note, the payment will read as a payment to me.  Since it's the weekend, Tracey isn't able to currently make a memorial bank account.  She has also asked me to handle this because she's dealing with all the other arrangements for the funeral and isn't great at 'computer stuff' as she puts it.  Once the donations are in, I'll be requesting a check to be given to Tracey, or if a memorial bank account is created,the money will be transferred there.  If you feel it's more secure, feel free to contact Gibson Bode Funeral Home to see if you can mail a check to be passed on, etc.

Nov 30 13 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

*donation sent*

Nov 30 13 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
*donation sent*

Thank you Doug!

Nov 30 13 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing, and doubly sad to think of a young girl loosing her mother.

Nov 30 13 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

sad  R.I.P. Jamie.  My best to Natalie Anne, Tracey, and you, Laura.

Nov 30 13 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Oh dear. Sad news indeed.

Nov 30 13 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

For those wanting to donate to Jamie's daughter, Natalie Anne, please send your donations via PayPal to the email address [email protected]   Donations sent as a gift won't have any money taken out by PayPal.  Tracey (Jamie's mother) greatly appreciates your support

Edit: Please note, the payment will read as a payment to me.  Since it's the weekend, Tracey isn't able to currently make a memorial bank account.  She has also asked me to handle this because she's dealing with all the other arrangements for the funeral and isn't great at 'computer stuff' as she puts it.  Once the donations are in, I'll be requesting a check to be given to Tracey, or if a memorial bank account is created,the money will be transferred there.  If you feel it's more secure, feel free to contact Gibson Bode Funeral Home to see if you can mail a check to be passed on, etc.

Laura Ann, thanks for doing all the leg work for Jamie's daughter.  Let us do our parts to take care one of our own.  It is so sad to hear her passing, but We do all care.

Nov 30 13 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Connor Photography wrote:

Laura Ann, thanks for doing all the leg work for Jamie's daughter.  Let us do our parts to take care one of our own.  It is so sad to hear her passing, but We do all care.

Thank you! I'm the one closest to MM, and it's the least I can do for Jamie's family.  And all the kind words and help really does mean a lot, to me, but to Jamie's family especially.

Dec 01 13 08:41 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

This should be on the top of the page.
BTT

Money sent !!!

Dec 01 13 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Connor Photography wrote:
This should be on the top of the page.
BTT

Money sent !!!

You are right, it would be lovely if it could be "stickied" for a few days

Dec 01 13 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

In case some of you did not see this PayPal address:

[email protected]

Dec 02 13 08:32 am Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

You are right, it would be lovely if it could be "stickied" for a few days

Unfortunately I don't think the thread being stickied will help. People that have already responded in the thread probably won't return (they probably assume it's more condolences bumping the thread), and those who haven't responded in the past probably won't start.

Which is okay.  I wish I could have gotten the donation ball rolling faster, but it is what it is, and really the well wishes are absolutely fantastic and a great support to Jamie's family.

Dec 02 13 08:56 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

So sorry for the loss of your friend who clearly had a beautiful full self.

Dec 02 13 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

Unfortunately I don't think the thread being stickied will help. People that have already responded in the thread probably won't return (they probably assume it's more condolences bumping the thread), and those who haven't responded in the past probably won't start.

Which is okay.  I wish I could have gotten the donation ball rolling faster, but it is what it is, and really the well wishes are absolutely fantastic and a great support to Jamie's family.

I don't see how it would hurt to increase visibility a little.

I just happened across this thread, don't know how I missed it before. I'm very saddened by the untimely passing of a good person and a mother, and I'm sorry for your loss. I've sent a donation, I hope it helps.

Dec 02 13 09:36 am Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Roy Hubbard wrote:

I don't see how it would hurt to increase visibility a little.

I just happened across this thread, don't know how I missed it before. I'm very saddened by the untimely passing of a good person and a mother, and I'm sorry for your loss. I've sent a donation, I hope it helps.

Thank you so much, Roy.  It really means a lot to Jamie's family, and to her friends.

Dec 02 13 10:36 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

I see the moderators were kind enough to move this into General Industry so hopefully more people can see it, pass along their condolences, and contribute if they see fit to do so.

Thank you.

Dec 02 13 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Thank you for the move, mods.

Dec 02 13 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

So very sad to hear of her passing especially at such a very young age.

Dec 02 13 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

BlueMoonPics wrote:
So very sad to hear of her passing especially at such a very young age.

She will be greatly missed.  It just doesn't even feel real yet.

Jamie's mother was having a hard time getting prints, so I offered to help since I know many of the photographers Jamie worked with, and because I've worked with releases.

It's really heartwarming how many photographers sent me images of Jamie as well as permission to print.  There will be a book at her funeral tomorrow filled ith the images, and hopefully the family will enjoy the images as much as I have.  Though they break my heart, I'm glad there are so many memories of her.

Dec 02 13 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

I was very lucky to be with Jamie when she had her daughter, Natalie.

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/ChicagoNix/storyofnatalie_zps7b90e2b3.jpg

This image now has an even more special place in my heart.  Jamie's mother, supporting Jamie, as she brought Natalie Anne into the world.

Dec 02 13 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Marcellus M

Aurora, Colorado, US

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/ChicagoNix/storyofnatalie_zps7b90e2b3.jpg

This image now has an even more special place in my heart.  Jamie's mother, supporting Jamie, as she brought Natalie Anne into the world.

You're a class act and clearly a good friend.  My condolences.

Dec 02 13 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Erasm Roterdam

Millbury, Massachusetts, US

RIP
My condolences.

Dec 03 13 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

This is a beautiful and heartwrenching moment in time.

Dec 03 13 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Jamie's visitation was yesterday and her funeral today.

I didn't end up going to the services today.  I had every intention to last night, but when I woke up today, I just couldn't take the idea of watching them close her casket and place her into the ground. 

I saw her last night, and I still don't know what to think.  Just seeing her laying there, without the spirit that made her so much of her, it broke my heart.  My grand(mother) was laid to rest nearly 3 months ago and this was a totally different experience.  It still doesn't feel real, it just feels like it was some dummy laid into that casket to look like her.  Not sure how I'm gonna process this one.

But the turnout was amazing.  So many friends and loved ones, and several photographers came to pay their respects.  She was so very loved, and I'm sure she was looking down on us all thinking "Why are you guys so sad?  It's awesome up here.  Excuse me while I go twerk on Paul Walker..."

Dec 04 13 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

I'm sure she was looking down on us all thinking "Why are you guys so sad?  It's awesome up here.  Excuse me while I go twerk on Paul Walker..."

Sounds about right!! big_smile

Dec 04 13 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us Laura.

Dec 05 13 05:21 am Link