Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Central Florida Chit Chat Number One...

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Sure, sure, always on weekends  .  .  .  I'm thinkin' you guys don't want Jake and I ta show up  .  .  .  wink  Say hello to JW for me, nice line up of models too, Erica, Aubri and a few others I've shot with before  .  .  .  should be a great meet up, well, if the weather ain't quite as crappy as it is right now  .  .  .  I was supposed ta leave a few hours ago  .  .  .  I've been passin' the time gettin' my azz chewed out by some disgruntled photographers in the "newbie" forum  .  .  .  seems I've hit a nerve  .  .  .  wink

SOS

...and rightly so...

Sep 05 15 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

For you folks with discriminating palates...

https://www.marcussamuelsson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/6241891444_8c4fb46040_z-625x416.jpg

I'll just have an MGD, thank you...

Sep 05 15 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Maybe this'll attract some attention...
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/ERPLBP002lg.jpg

Sep 10 15 08:33 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
For you folks with discriminating palates...

https://www.marcussamuelsson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/6241891444_8c4fb46040_z-625x416.jpg

I'll just have an MGD, thank you...

So long as ya got some Barbancourt, start a pourin' FL  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 10 15 09:37 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Maybe this'll attract some attention...
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/ERPLBP002lg.jpg

I don't remember BP bein' quite that buxom, course I were only a wee boy when we shot  .  .  .  wink

https://fashionista514.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Bettie-Page_1912.jpg

.  .  .  she sure was a "looker" though  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 10 15 09:41 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

It does not always have to be on weekends...  let's plan a mid week evening shoot on the beach....  sunset, and maybe watch the stars show up.

The weather should start improving soon - I notice the sun is setting further south each day, and that usually indicates nicer weather.

sospix wrote:
Sure, sure, always on weekends  .  .  .  I'm thinkin' you guys don't want Jake and I ta show up  .  .  .  wink  Say hello to JW for me, nice line up of models too, Erica, Aubri and a few others I've shot with before  .  .  .  should be a great meet up, well, if the weather ain't quite as crappy as it is right now  .  .  .  I was supposed ta leave a few hours ago  .  .  .  I've been passin' the time gettin' my azz chewed out by some disgruntled photographers in the "newbie" forum  .  .  .  seems I've hit a nerve  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 11 15 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

For those in the industry that were privileged to know our friend Bobby, we mourn his passing, and celebrate his passion for life. Among other accomplishments, he was a longtime photojournalist at the Sun-Sentinel...good friend, great man.

http://bcmacdill.tributes.com/obituary/ … -102837242

Sep 11 15 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

OMG tomorrow at Ponce Inlet Park. Noon to 5:00 pm...

Sep 12 15 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

OMG tomorrow at Ponce Inlet Park. Noon to 5:00 pm...

Good luck with that
It's raining like a mother over here

Hopefully it clears out for you guys

Have fun!

Sep 13 15 07:21 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
For those in the industry that were privileged to know our friend Bobby, we mourn his passing, and celebrate his passion for life. Among other accomplishments, he was a longtime photojournalist at the Sun-Sentinel...good friend, great man.

http://bcmacdill.tributes.com/obituary/ … -102837242

I'll bet he knew my friend Bill Meissner, he was an editor at the Sun-Sentinel in Ft. Lauderdale for a long time  .  .  .  sorry to hear of his passing Mr. K  .  .  .

SOS

Sep 13 15 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

Good luck with that
It's raining like a mother over here

Hopefully it clears out for you guys

Have fun!

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor dead of night...

Actually, turnout was pretty good considering the weather.  A model and her photographer made the drive from Tampa for the event.

Sep 15 15 10:09 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor dead of night...

Actually, turnout was pretty good considering the weather.  A model and her photographer made the drive from Tampa for the event.

Wait a minute, it snowed in South Daytona  .  .  .  wink  This climate change thing is gettin' outta hand  .  .  .

SOS

Sep 15 15 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Finally Friday...

Sep 18 15 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Ya hear that? Yeah, crickets.

Talk about your big deep empty...

Sep 21 15 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Ya hear that? Yeah, crickets.

Talk about your big deep empty...

crickets? nah
tinnitus? Yeah

Sep 21 15 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:

crickets? nah
tinnitus? Yeah

Ah yes. Tinnitus. The joys of aging.

Does the ringing in my ears bother you?

Sep 22 15 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

My main computer crapped out last week! It died an ignominious death after almost ten years. I lost all my editing software since I never had the CDs. Fortunately all my work is backed up on two satellite hard drives. Whew! We bought a gaming computer with sixteen gigs of ram but it might not be here for another week. I'm stacking filled SD cards on the book shelf next to my Richard Petty die cast STP Pontiac. Using this laptop is such a pain. The new desk top won't get here soon enough.

In about thirty minutes I am off to shoot with Whitney Morgan. We are going out to the old steel bridge in Sanford on Lake Monroe for an early morning shoot. Then I'll come home and put the SD cards next to the STP Pontiac, on the book shelf, and wait till the new computer gets here.

Y'all have a great Tuesday. If you are here reading this, post something! Anything. I don't care how random. Just post something. Do it now!!

Sep 22 15 03:28 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Y'all have a great Tuesday. If you are here reading this, post something! Anything. I don't care how random. Just post something. Do it now!!

Enjoy your Tuesday as well! As for random, I posted in this thread (or the Tampa thread) about a year and a half ago. I asked for advice on good locations to buy gear for making a backyard pond. I had a handful of people suggest some locations via thread or message which was cool. The pond will be a never ending project but I'll def post some progress photos or videos because some people showed interest in my original post.

The current status of the build- It's in a location in the fenced in area of my backyard. Inside that fenced location, I've built a second fenced in location around my Lanai. Essentially building a courtyard around the pond because we have a LOT of hungry birds overhead. Not 100% sure on the square footage of this courtyard but 1000sq ft is a  very close ball park. Hanging over this fenced in courtyard is a heavy duty (hardly noticeable net.) I also decided to have not fence the entire perimeter of the "court yard" to give an open feeling I have the net drop down for part of the sides. My fencing is 8' tall, with the top 2-3' left open for small birds to fly in and out as they please. The bigger birds that cause threat to the fish have shown no interest in entering these points.

The pond itself is currently 2 ponds twinned into each other and one big bog filtration system waterfalling into the bigger of the two ponds. Between the 2 ponds and the bog I'd say they are close to 2000 gallons. Currently it is mainly stocked with goldfish, with a few small koi. Tons of lillies, papyrus and other cool plants I've found along the way. Snails and danios have also found a way into the pond. I am pretty certain they managed to hitch a ride on some plants I added. Snakes, lizards, frogs, toads, spiders, birds, squirrels, dragonflies, pond skaters etc etc etc are always in or around the pond. (Which I want.)
In my area the invasive Cuban tree frog is ALL over. They have caused problems for some of the native species of frogs and toads. I am happy to say that the majority of the frogs breeding in the pond are native species. Lots of Southern toads too. It would be nice if I can find some native salamanders to introduce to the pond. Anyway, its a long way from finished.

Sep 22 15 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

You know, Keith, your pond area sounds like it will be a little slice of paradise and probably a good photo location.

Sep 22 15 02:00 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

You know, Keith, your pond area sounds like it will be a little slice of paradise and probably a good photo location.

It is the ultimate paradise...as far as I am concerned anyway. No better relaxation than enjoying nature in your own backyard. It has a long way to go as far as I'm concerned, but it has come a long way! I'll get some pictures up soon!

Sep 22 15 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Damn! Work again today...

Sep 23 15 03:52 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Ok, so these pics were taken probably 2 months ago. I decided to let the bog really grow out for the summer with intentions on trimming it back this winter. It's an active bog and the main filtration system for the pond. For those who don't know, the bog is the area behind my pond. The papyrus, pennywort, iris, and moneyworts are growing in it. Some other stuff too. The bog is basically a 500 gallon (or so) pond filled completely with rocks with the pumps from the pond ran directly to the bottom of it. The bog keep the fish healthy and the fish keep the bog healthy. Fish dirty the water which is then pumped into the bog. The plants feed of the nitrates the fish provide...keeping ammonia levels down, and fish healthy and happy. The water from the bog then waterfalls back into the pond breaking the surface area and adding oxygen back into the water. It's fun creating a self sustaining balance. (well I keep the pumps going at all time) but otherwise the pond takes care of its self. I don't even have to feed the fish, and they continue to grow. The algae, plants, and insects in the pond are more than enough for them. I like to feed them anyway though just to interact with them and make sure they all appear healthy.

Anyway I continue to add and remodel it. All the woodwork is temporary (except for the fencing) The boardwalk and pond siding will eventually all be transformed into fake but very realistic looking boulders and slate. I started messing around with a few pieces 6 months ago and they still look as real as they did the day I made them, so if they can pass the Florida heat and rain of the summer...They are good enough for me. So yeah the boring rectangle shape of the big pond will be shaped into a more random border when I do the rocks. Probably over the winter. Sorry for the blabbering, just really enjoy this damn thing. Haha

https://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/Allstarofnyc/4pond_zpsvhb1qdva.jpg
https://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/Allstarofnyc/2pond_zpseqeip5uj.jpg
https://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/Allstarofnyc/3pond_zpslqdhanyh.jpg
https://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab95/Allstarofnyc/1pond_zpszio3du5j.jpg

Sep 23 15 04:26 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Wow! What a great backyard...

Sep 26 15 06:39 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Wow! What a great backyard...

Thank you Frank! Yeah man it really helps me keep the stress levels low. My own personal oasis and my place more relaxing than right back there. I'll post pictures of my "playground" haha I don't have any recent though but old ones will do.

Sep 26 15 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Maybe this'll bring people around...

https://cityhomecollective.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Free-Beer.jpg

Oct 01 15 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Hey, now...hello!!

Oct 01 15 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
Hey, now...hello!!

Here ya go...

https://media.philly.com/images/7614_beer_600.jpg

Oct 01 15 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I'm gonna be gone for  a week. Who is gonna keep the thread alive while I'm away??

I'll be in L,A, (lower Alabama) for about a week with family...

Oct 05 15 03:57 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Enjoy L....A. smile

Oct 05 15 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I'm gonna be gone for  a week. Who is gonna keep the thread alive while I'm away??

I'll be in L,A, (lower Alabama) for about a week with family...

You're gonna be back for bike week right ?

Oct 06 15 05:57 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Cool Hand Mike wrote:

You're gonna be back for bike week right ?

I probably won't be going over to Biketoberfest. I sold my motorcycle a couple of months back. It went to a good home. The young man who bought it was very excited to have it. Fifty years of riding. Whoda thought...

Oct 06 15 07:34 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I probably won't be going over to Biketoberfest. I sold my motorcycle a couple of months back. It went to a good home. The young man who bought it was very excited to have it. Fifty years of riding. Whoda thought...

Yer allowed ta bring a car FL  .  .  .  wink  Since my hip replacements, ridin' a bike for a long period is not a real pleasant experience, so, Ol' Yellar usually gits da call, seems the bike crowd accepts the old gurl pretty well  .  .  .

SOS

Oct 06 15 08:15 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Yer allowed ta bring a car FL  .  .  .  wink  Since my hip replacements, ridin' a bike for a long period is not a real pleasant experience, so, Ol' Yellar usually gits da call, seems the bike crowd accepts the old gurl pretty well  .  .  .

SOS

I hear you, SOS, but my car is so new that it will be seen as just-in-the-way. It's not a classic like Ol' Yellar. Bringing my car over will just make me part of the traffic problem. Each year, going to Main Street has become such an ordeal with so many blue haired lookie-loos in their new Chryslers and Ford F-150s and assorted rental cars, it's just not worth the effort. I haven't had hip replacement yet but extended periods of walking tend to leave the joints in my legs and feet pretty sore. Besides, 2015 isn't like the 1970s or even the 1980s. Bike Week and Biketoberfest are pretty generic. I remember the days when if you rode a Honda or Yamaha over there, you might be in danger of not having a motorcycle to ride home on. Gone are the days when a biker chick would flash her bare breasts to cheers of the crowds on Main Street. Now if a woman does that it's jail time. Women can't even wear a g-string with their chaps any more. Bad-ass bikers are now weekend warriors with nice haircuts, riding brand new low mileage Ultras, talking the talk but not walking the walk. Besides, I don't drink any more and I can't enjoy a good stogie because of C.O.P.D. so I think I'll just stay home and read about in the paper. Bike Week and Biketoberfest are now events I would take my mother and kids to and not have to worry abut them. How boring is that?

Oct 06 15 09:16 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I hear you, SOS, but my car is so new that it will be seen as just-in-the-way. It's not a classic like Ol' Yellar. Bringing my car over will just make me part of the traffic problem. Each year, going to Main Street has become such an ordeal with so many blue haired lookie-loos in their new Chryslers and Ford F-150s and assorted rental cars, it's just not worth the effort. I haven't had hip replacement yet but extended periods of walking tend to leave the joints in my legs and feet pretty sore. Besides, 2015 isn't like the 1970s or even the 1980s. Bike Week and Biketoberfest are pretty generic. I remember the days when if you rode a Honda or Yamaha over there, you might be in danger of not having a motorcycle to ride home on. Gone are the days when a biker chick would flash her bare breasts to cheers of the crowds on Main Street. Now if a woman does that it's jail time. Women can't even wear a g-string with their chaps any more. Bad-ass bikers are now weekend warriors with nice haircuts, riding brand new low mileage Ultras, talking the talk but not walking the walk. Besides, I don't drink any more and I can't enjoy a good stogie because of C.O.P.D. so I think I'll just stay home and read about in the paper. Bike Week and Biketoberfest are now events I would take my mother and kids to and not have to worry abut them. How boring is that?

That's it, Jake and I are goin' back in our cave, and never comin' out  .  .  .  nnnnnaaaaaahhhhhhhh, ya gotta make 'em take ya kickin' and screamin' FL  .  .  .  wink  I jest buried another good friend last week, he was only 67  .  .  .  BUT, he had a BIG, wide grin on his face whilst a layin' there  .  .  .  may have been his 30 sumethin' GF in da leather pants; or the bottle o' rhum someone placed in his hand for the trip; or the fact that he keeled over in Costa Rica at his "vacation home" after a week of fishin'  .  .  .  whaddya say we hit the Last Resort and make a spectacle of ourselves  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Oct 07 15 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

That's it, Jake and I are goin' back in our cave, and never comin' out  .  .  .  nnnnnaaaaaahhhhhhhh, ya gotta make 'em take ya kickin' and screamin' FL  .  .  .  wink  I jest buried another good friend last week, he was only 67  .  .  .  BUT, he had a BIG, wide grin on his face whilst a layin' there  .  .  .  may have been his 30 sumethin' GF in da leather pants; or the bottle o' rhum someone placed in his hand for the trip; or the fact that he keeled over in Costa Rica at his "vacation home" after a week of fishin'  .  .  .  whaddya say we hit the Last Resort and make a spectacle of ourselves  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Ya mean go on a date? OK, but remember, when we dance I lead.

Actually, I've never been to the Last Resort. Could never find a parking space for my Shadow. The place was always jam packed...

Oct 08 15 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Ya mean go on a date? OK, but remember, when we dance I lead.

Actually, I've never been to the Last Resort. Could never find a parking space for my Shadow. The place was always jam packed...

A date, hmmmmmmmmmm, I'll havta git me somma them stretchy jean things soz I kin look hawt  .  .  .  wink  Probably not a good idea ifin we head to the Last Resort, buncha hard azzes in there mosta time  .  .  .  I was there with my buddy Edo, and two of his brothers, in rides this guy on a lllllloooooonnnnnnggggggg brand new chopper, goes to park it next ta Edo's old Panhead, Edo tells him to move it over a few feet  .  .  .  guy has on brand new jeans, boots, gloves, jacket, helmet, glasses (all of it musta come as a package deal), looks at Edo kinda bewildered, but moves it over all the same  .  .  .  throws down the kickstand, gets off the bike, and saunters towards the bar  .  .  .  two seconds later, the bike falls over in the dirt, bends up the mirror, dents the tank, starts leakin' gas  .  .  .  the guy comes runnin' back, tries ta pick it up, can't  .  .  .  Edo's brother Arrrrrrrrrrrrr, grabs it and puts it upright, stomps on a beer can and slides it under the kick stand, the guy looks at Edo, and Edo just winks at 'im  .  .  .  lesson learned, the guy buys us all a beer and heads back to the bar  .  .  .  end of story, naaaaaahhhhhhh  .  .  .  in rides his two buddies, both with long azz chops, all with brand new gear  .  .  .  they park next to his bike (on the side away from Edo's Pan), get off and head over towards the bar  .  .  .  before the first guy could tell them about the beer can/kickstand trick, all three fell over in a heap like dominoes  .  .  .  the whole place was roarin' with laughter  .  .  .  and, after Arrrrrr set them all back up, I don't think we bought another beer  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Oct 09 15 06:58 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

"... Bike Week and Biketoberfest are now events I would take my mother and kids to and not have to worry abut them. How boring is that?..."

Sad.

But for some, that's progress.

Oct 09 15 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:
"... Bike Week and Biketoberfest are now events I would take my mother and kids to and not have to worry abut them. How boring is that?..."

Sad.

But for some, that's progress.

Seems like it is cyclical.

I remember awhile back Las Vegas was trying to become family friendly, but the business must've dropped so they stopped that.

I think I've seen a few ads for bikini contest and wet t-shirt contests for there so maybe those were pushed to the side.

Oct 10 15 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Still in Pensacola...

Oct 10 15 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Made it back from Pensacola.

Oct 12 15 04:38 pm Link