Forums > Model Colloquy > What's up with "Models" not responding to Castings

Photographer

erics_Toronto_GTA

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It happens.
There are lots of 1/64 models,1/32 models,1/16 models,1/8 models,1/4 models and 1/2 models on MM:)

Jul 06 14 05:34 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Chain Reaction

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Rick Sieminski Photo wrote:
I have really had zero luck with MM, as far as Casting Calls, or direct PM's of "Models" for TF, portfolio building shoots.  I look at their portfolio here on MM, if I've scouted them, and many have IPhone Portfolio images, or worse.  Essentially, all my shoots have been from personal contacts, or FB.  Nothing here generates any leads?  Maybe it's my area.  In my experience, a model will sometimes reply, and then either break communication w/o a trace, or no-show.  Is this where the industry is at right now?

MM ain't what it used to be. In my area it had dozens every few weeks sign up. These days it's few and far between. Not a bad thing just a sign of the times.

Jul 06 14 05:48 pm Link

Model

Elisa 1

Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom

WIP wrote:
Answer;

MM is not the industry.

Quite.

Most castings that are paid here and offer working for a third party eg hair company, designer etc ie are real industry, are reasonably paid will get lots of reads and responses.

For eg atm

Online clothing store £120 a day Milton Keynes : 353 views

Brand owner GW £12 an hour BUT it's editorial resulting in tear 242 views

Outdoor Lifestyle brand lookbook via.photographer  £150 171 views

Conceptual art shoot fashion style with accomplished photographer £150 294 views

Just four that are in the first half dozen today. Real industry jobs, paid, and lots of interest. Sort of thing I'd apply for.

Now four under TF I wouldn't. And they aren't real industry as such

Specifics slightly changed or deliberately vague here to protect those posting them :
Silly dress up fantasy shoot concept TF 14 views
Nude glamour shoot with a moderate photographer TF two views
Port practice shoot TF reasonable photographer 11 views
Lets get crazy shoot nudity 4 views

The evidence suggests models can tell industry from non industry in castings and interest reflects that. Those of you posting tf castings are up against those.

Jul 07 14 04:00 am Link