Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > Check out my latest short film "1 Kiss 2 Bullets"

Model

Robtaevious Madden

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hey everyone, I'd like you all to check out my latest short film "1 Kiss 2 Bullets" and let me know what you think. Comment your thoughts.

http://youtu.be/WvsYxIYPQDA

May 20 14 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Not bad. Audio is a little hard to hear.

I only watched it once, but my impression was you could lose the first scene. You could also lose the last line of the second scene. In fact, the scene at the car window kind of works all on its own, which suggests to some extent even the second scene is unnecessary.

Part of what bothers me about them is that the story is too linear. The main character is already on board with the idea in the first scene. The second scene is just a confirmation. There is no resistance on the part of the main character.

I know you are trying to keep the running time short, so you don't want a convoluted plot, but I keep thinking about the ideas in this song:

When a man loves a woman, he can't keep his mind on nothing else
He'll trade the world for the good thing he's found
If she is bad, he can't see it, she can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend if he put her down

Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman

May 21 14 10:07 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Best friend is a cop, and is going to be best man at a wedding of the main character and his fiance.

They are in surveillance on an unrelated crime when the fiance inadvertently gets recorded.

The cop recognizes the girl and takes the evidence to the boyfriend, even though the cop may get in trouble with police for sharing evidence like that.

The sight of the evidence makes the boyfriend furious -- at the cop. Maybe the photos aren't conclusive but the cop is certain because he saw her in person. The boyfriend refuses to accept the evidence. They fist fight. The cop is dis-invited from the wedding.

Now married, the boyfriend and girlfriend (now husband and wife) go on the honeymoon. He's having a great time. He want to smoke a cigarette but has no matches. The girlfriend tosses him a book of matches, and it has a logo printed on it from the hotel in the surveillance photos.

Something like that?

May 21 14 10:30 am Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

I watched this, and the other one, and am now getting both plots totally confused with each other lol.

May 21 14 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
Best friend is a cop, and is going to be best man at a wedding of the main character and his fiance.

They are in surveillance on an unrelated crime when the fiance inadvertently gets recorded.

The cop recognizes the girl and takes the evidence to the boyfriend, even though the cop may get in trouble with police for sharing evidence like that.

The sight of the evidence makes the boyfriend furious -- at the cop. Maybe the photos aren't conclusive but the cop is certain because he saw her in person. The boyfriend refuses to accept the evidence. They fist fight. The cop is dis-invited from the wedding.

Now married, the boyfriend and girlfriend (now husband and wife) go on the honeymoon. He's having a great time. He want to smoke a cigarette but has no matches. The girlfriend tosses him a book of matches, and it has a logo printed on it from the hotel in the surveillance photos.

Something like that?

borat

May 21 14 02:56 pm Link