GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Plastic face.

Aug 23 14 06:54 am Link

Photographer

Robert Rhea Photography

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

A before picture looking for the After?

Seriously, the frizzy mussed hair is out of place in whats trying to be a beauty shot.  There is some weird contouring that is done around the upper lip and the philtrum that makes her look a little deformed or who maybe had some really good cleft palate surgery.  Did you paint some light on this ridges?  Try taking the layer opacity down

The skin tones between her face and her shoulders are not even in the same time zone.  It makes it look like you put the head on someone else body.

The overall effect is eh.

Aug 23 14 07:04 am Link

Retoucher

Isay Ravov

Moscow, Moscow, Russia

GER Photography wrote:
Plastic face.

Good critique. Thank you.

Robert Rhea Photography wrote:

Seriously, the frizzy mussed hair is out of place in whats trying to be a beauty shot.  There is some weird contouring that is done around the upper lip and the philtrum that makes her look a little deformed or who maybe had some really good cleft palate surgery.  Did you paint some light on this ridges?  Try taking the layer opacity down

The skin tones between her face and her shoulders are not even in the same time zone.  It makes it look like you put the head on someone else body.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/091129/12/4b12dc9f9b916.jpg
Oh my god.

Aug 23 14 07:24 am Link

Retoucher

PRRetouch

Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom

You have overdone on sharpening of the face. You haven't masked it out on the bottom lip and it created this harsh, pixelated effect. I'd say her lips overall don't look good, the colour makes them/her look unhealthy/deadly.
I have to agree with Robert on the philtrum comment, this and parting of the hair (or rather lack of it) look fake
I'd say the colours of her neck/collarbones area are problematic too

Aug 23 14 11:53 am Link

Retoucher

Isabel Christina Paoli

Vienna, Wien, Austria

Daniel Sboev wrote:

GER Photography wrote:
Plastic face.

Good critique. Thank you.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/091129/12/4b12dc9f9b916.jpg
Oh my god.

+1

Aug 25 14 06:11 am Link

Retoucher

Abdel Kebdani

Rabat, Rabat-Salé-Zammour-Zaer, Morocco

Robert Rhea Photography wrote:

Sep 08 14 04:50 am Link

Retoucher

Abdel Kebdani

Rabat, Rabat-Salé-Zammour-Zaer, Morocco

I think you did a great job overall, I like your work on the skin. and even the tones.
I only find I a bit TOO sharpen. ( Maybe you over did it to even the skin pores ? )

Sep 08 14 04:52 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Washington, District of Columbia, US

pretty!
but the hair needs to be fixed too

Sep 08 14 04:40 pm Link

Digital Artist

Joe Diamond

Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania

I am not a retoucher but i think your work is pretty good, i have to agree with the lip above and the hair tho, less white contouring would look perfect. The mess hair can be easily done with darken clone and composing parts of the hair.

Sep 09 14 01:10 am Link

Retoucher

Isay Ravov

Moscow, Moscow, Russia

Abdel Kebdani wrote:
I think you did a great job overall, I like your work on the skin. and even the tones.
I only find I a bit TOO sharpen. ( Maybe you over did it to even the skin pores ? )

I have to agree. I increased sharpness, because the photo was to be posted on social networks.

RachelReilly wrote:
pretty!
but the hair needs to be fixed too

Agree! Thank you.

Joe Diamond wrote:
I am not a retoucher but i think your work is pretty good, i have to agree with the lip above and the hair tho, less white contouring would look perfect. The mess hair can be easily done with darken clone and composing parts of the hair.

Thank you. You're right.

Sep 09 14 10:45 pm Link