Forums > Critique > Which one needs to go?

Model

Elle Astoria

South Bend, Indiana, US

I'm trying to make room in my port because I'm not a premium member. Which one should I delete?

Nov 01 14 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140527/00/538438fb691c4_m.jpg

Nov 01 14 10:01 am Link

Photographer

PINUPZ PHOTO-ART

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

My vote, 3rd row 2nd in with white viper. Nice image but i think others are better.

Nov 01 14 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Darrell Bumbala

Milford, Connecticut, US

The 2nd,4th,5th,and 13th image..

Nov 01 14 10:13 am Link

Model

Elle Astoria

South Bend, Indiana, US

Darrell Bumbala wrote:
The 2nd,4th,5th,and 13th image..

But my boobs look great in 13! lol. I admire the artist's creativity in 2, but the composition could be better, and it is rather heavily edited. I think I will keep 4 though because I sewed the dress myself so I can't bring myself to delete it. 5 is expendable...

Nov 01 14 10:40 am Link

Model

Elle Astoria

South Bend, Indiana, US

I'm surprised no one said anything about 3, 12, or 15 since they aren't professionally shot and I took them myself.

Nov 01 14 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Fleming Design

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

3, 4, 8, and 12.  You need a couple nice head shots.

Nov 01 14 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

I would suggest number 1, 14, and 15, for replacement.

Number one is messy, and conveys no purpose.

Number 14, is simply a snapshot in a costume.

Number 15 has totally inadequate fill light.........a fault of the photographer.

The rest either convey something about your abilities as a model, or are acceptable images for evaluation, even where there are some problems.

One of your nicest images, if it had been cropped correctly, would have been number 5. It tells a story well, it has color coordination, and it has a wonderful expression.  Yes, the lighting is a little lacking, but that can be excused for the naturalness of the image.

Number 3 might have been very nice if it had been lit properly. Photographers see that as photog problems, not model issues.

Number 12, while not the best composition, has good tone and contrast, and shows something about your willingness to do less comfortable things, which is important for photogs to see. (Same with number 13.)

Number 7 isn't much of an image for you, as a model, but it does show an interesting concept, which is worth keeping for that reason.

My personal favorite as it is, is number 2........which has issues, but is still nice of the model, and conveys an interesting message.

Nov 01 14 10:48 am Link

Model

Elle Astoria

South Bend, Indiana, US

Fleming Design wrote:
3, 4, 8, and 12.  You need a couple nice head shots.

Thanks. Yeah, I got a few headshots from a shoot last weekend, so that's why I'm trying to delete some photos to make room for what I really need. smile

Nov 01 14 10:52 am Link

Model

Elle Astoria

South Bend, Indiana, US

Lallure Photographic wrote:
I would suggest number 1, 14, and 15, for replacement.

Number one is messy, and conveys no purpose.

Number 14, is simply a snapshot in a costume.

Number 15 has totally inadequate fill light.........a fault of the photographer.

The rest either convey something about your abilities as a model, or are acceptable images for evaluation, even where there are some problems.

One of your nicest images, if it had been cropped correctly, would have been number 5. It tells a story well, it has color coordination, and it has a wonderful expression.  Yes, the lighting is a little lacking, but that can be excused for the naturalness of the image.

Number 3 might have been very nice if it had been lit properly. Photographers see that as photog problems, not model issues.

Number 12, while not the best composition, has good tone and contrast, and shows something about your willingness to do less comfortable things, which is important for photogs to see. (Same with number 13.)

Number 7 isn't much of an image for you, as a model, but it does show an interesting concept, which is worth keeping for that reason.

My personal favorite as it is, is number 2........which has issues, but is still nice of the model, and conveys an interesting message.

Thank you for taking the time to be so thorough. smile I appreciate your professional opinion and constructiveness. The one thing I would disagree with is about 15 - I've had three photographers hire me just because of that one shot, and the most recent photographer told me it had "perfect Rembrandt lighting." It might look good with more fill lighting, but that might change the concept of it.

Nov 01 14 11:03 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

Different photogs see things differently. It is not perfect Rembrandt lighting. Of course, to know that, you have to know what perfect Rembrandt lighting actually is. (smile)

Elise Ann  wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to be so thorough. smile I appreciate your professional opinion and constructiveness. The one thing I would disagree with is about 15 - I've had three photographers hire me just because of that one shot, and the most recent photographer told me it had "perfect Rembrandt lighting." It might look good with more fill lighting, but that might change the concept of it.

Nov 01 14 11:57 am Link

Photographer

robert b mitchell

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140526/21/53841b4ecd64b_m.jpg

Nov 01 14 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Tarragon

New York, New York, US

9, 12, 13. Really can't see you.

Nov 01 14 09:40 pm Link

Nov 01 14 11:00 pm Link