Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > When "Peach Season" ends, I am always sad

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I don't know why, but I love peaches.  I always get sad when peach season comes to a close.

I had a refrigerator full of peaches before I left on my cruise last week.  I ate them before I left so they wouldn't spoil.

I came back and the shelves of the super-market are now devoid of them.  It was a shock and I am sad.

Peaches, peaches, I want peaches!

Nov 03 14 05:42 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

You are out of luck!  smile

Try canned peaches.

Nov 03 14 06:02 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Try canned peaches.

They are not the same thing!

Nov 03 14 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

CNP Photography

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Nov 03 14 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

I feel Your pain.

Had the pleasure of living on a Farm with a small Peach grove, when those Peaches were ripe oooooomg!

Nov 03 14 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Try canned peaches.

Screwing with a mod on peach withdrawals doesn't seem like a really great idea. Just sayin.

** runs and hides **

Nov 03 14 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

What?  Nobody's gonna say "I got a peach for ya, right here...?"

Cowards.............

tongue

Nov 03 14 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

i'm just gonna sing this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cs8G_mY8jE

Nov 03 14 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

GPS Studio Services wrote:

They are not the same thing!

I had Cling peaches out of a jar last night.  They were delicious!!

Nov 04 14 05:14 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Lohkee wrote:

Screwing with a mod on peach withdrawals doesn't seem like a really great idea. Just sayin.

** runs and hides **

It's hard to hide in the desert.  I will be out there next week!   big_smile

Nov 04 14 05:15 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

It's hard to hide in the desert.  I will be out there next week!   big_smile

Actually, not as hard as one might think. Judging by the number of people I see pulled over, the police seem to have made an art-form out of hiding where there is nowhere to hide. Makes me scratch my head in wonder every time I see it.

Nov 04 14 06:13 am Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

I feel your pain.

During my youth, summers were spent working in a peach cannery on the night shift. Huge trucks would pull up loaded with huge bins which were in turn loaded to the top with huge peaches which dumped into a vat of fresh water and then up a conveyor belt into the factory. They were delicious and always picked at their sweetest. I never tired of eating peaches on the job and still love them to this day.

On the 30-minute drive home, with a beautiful coworker, we used to watch the most spectacular sunrises. Eventually we started eating peaches together, if you get my drift.

While forking filled, hot cans (loading them onto pallets using a bar with teeth exactly one-can width apart) I memorized The Bear, a poem by Galway Kinnell, who died recently. I tried to read Ulysses by James Joyce, but it made no sense to me. I tried years later, again without luck. About a decade later I heard Ulysses read aloud and loved it.

Cannery work is hard work and inside the plant was quite warm. Some years I worked inside, some out. It gave me some of the fondest memories of my life.

Nov 06 14 12:46 pm Link