Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > I like how you smell.......

Photographer

John Photography

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

A woman you know pulls up to you and says that to you and that they like talking to you is this potentially a good thing?

Nov 13 14 05:08 am Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

not if it's your mom, grandma or sister

Nov 13 14 05:28 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

How could it be anything other than a potentially good thing?  But don't assume that she wants to have your babies real soon.

Nov 13 14 06:00 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

No. Most of the time, they are being deceptive.

Nov 13 14 06:16 am Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

She wants the D

Nov 13 14 06:19 am Link

Photographer

Tim Summa

San Antonio, Texas, US

Yes, in the country and our society, that is about as direct as women will get with a man, and that is pretty damn direct even by today’s standards. So ignore the obvious jealous posters; better still, ignore posts by guys and ask the women.

Sounds like you need to be you as much as possible, flirt and follow through. And good luck on your good fortune.

Nov 13 14 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Lallure Photographic wrote:

?

it seems you have a very low opinion of women and or are rather cynical.

If I told a guy I liked the way he smells and I liked talking to him it would probably mean that I was interested.

Smell is very important. I dated a polo player for a while and I loved the way he smelled -- a combination of his cologne, sweat, horses mixed in with the slightest hint of smoke.

I used to keep one of his shirts when he left after season and I was always sad when the smell left the shirt.

I found after I lost interest in him I no longer liked the way he smelled anymore.

Nov 13 14 06:29 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

John Photography wrote:
A woman you know pulls up to you and says that to you and that they like talking to you is this potentially a good thing?

this is a hard sentence to read.
i like it.

Nov 13 14 07:45 am Link

Model

Lucian Galois

New Brunswick, New Jersey, US

Good thing you're not a painter, that's a pretty broad brush you're painting with.

OP, after spending some time deciphering your sentence, I think you're asking if a woman telling you that you smell good is a good thing.  Yes, that is a good thing.  It's a Martha Stewart level good thing.

Nov 13 14 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Clippix

Luton, England, United Kingdom

Sounds like she wants free photos to me lol

Nov 13 14 08:26 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Chicchowmein wrote:

?

If I told a guy I liked the way he smells and I liked talking to him it would probably mean that I was interested.

Either that, or you just got a peek at his balance sheet. smile

Nov 13 14 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Tim Summa

San Antonio, Texas, US

Chicchowmein wrote:

?

Smell is very important. I dated a polo player for a while and I loved the way he smelled -- a combination of his cologne, sweat, horses mixed in with the slightest hint of smoke.

I used to keep one of his shirts when he left after season and I was always sad when the smell left the shirt.

I found after I lost interest in him I no longer liked the way he smelled anymore.

There is a wonderful short story by Anis Nin that is exactly the scenario you have given us here. Women are so attracted to aromas, thus the delight in flowers for one thing. Like I said, ask the women.

Nov 13 14 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Gianantonio

Turin, Piemonte, Italy

Chicchowmein wrote:
?

My guess is that he's joking...

Probably just a sarcastic response to the OP's rather naive sounding post.  I don't believe the OP really doesn't know the situation he described is a good one--romantically speaking (unless the woman was his mom or sister...).  But it's possible, I guess, he has no clue.

Nov 13 14 11:58 am Link

Photographer

Gianantonio

Turin, Piemonte, Italy

Tim Summa wrote:

There is a wonderful short story by Anis Nin that is exactly the scenario you have given us here. Women are so attracted to aromas, thus the delight in flowers for one thing. Like I said, ask the women.

Yes--you said "ask the women."  But you also said disregard the comments from men.  So the OP might be at a loss to ask women since you are the one suggesting it...  big_smile

Nov 13 14 12:00 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

Cherrystone wrote:

https://www.mindcafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fotolia_8215027_xs-200x300.jpg

Nov 13 14 12:02 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

FlirtynFun Photography wrote:

but cousin or aunt is perfectly fine

Nov 13 14 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Danielle Reid wrote:

but cousin or aunt is perfectly fine

Only in KY, WV, TN or AR. smile

Nov 13 14 12:24 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Cherrystone wrote:

Only in KY, WV, TN or AR. smile

I'm so ashamed of AR...and my family

Nov 13 14 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Gianantonio

Turin, Piemonte, Italy

Danielle Reid wrote:

I'm so ashamed of AR...and my family

The big legal question in Arkansas is:  After you get divorced, are you still brother and sister...?

Nov 13 14 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

try to give her a kiss and you'll have your answer.

i've learned never to make assumptions based on what a woman says. they are liable to say anything to anybody and sometimes it just doesn't mean anything. very confusing creatures really.

i kissed a (female) cousin once and i liked it.

John Photography wrote:

Nov 13 14 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Cherrystone wrote:

MoRina wrote:
https://www.mindcafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fotolia_8215027_xs-200x300.jpg

One-dollar bills?!

Nov 13 14 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

ontherocks wrote:
try to give her a kiss and you'll have your answer.

i kissed a (female) cousin once and i liked it.

Did you do it again? What base did you get to?

Nov 13 14 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Cherrystone wrote:

Did you do it again? What base did you get to?

https://www.history.com/images/media/slideshow/franklin-d-roosevelt/franklin-d-roosevelt-eleanormarriage.jpg

multiple round trippers by this duo. smile

Nov 13 14 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Pictures of Life

Spokane, Washington, US

John Photography wrote:

Yes, it is potentially good.  Yes, it is potentially bad. The worst thing you can do is make any assumptions, especially based on responses from strangers.  The best thing you can do is ask exactly what you want to know, from the person who has the answer.

Nov 13 14 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Lucian Galois wrote:

Good thing you're not a painter, that's a pretty broad brush you're painting with.

OP, after spending some time deciphering your sentence, I think you're asking if a woman telling you that you smell good is a good thing.  Yes, that is a good thing.  It's a Martha Stewart level good thing.

OK I wrote it badly

She said that she likes the way I smell and also likes talking to me.  I did mention the photography a day or two after these events and that seems to have perked her up...  ..

However there will be no freebies in that department.

Nov 13 14 03:44 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

Chuckarelei wrote:

One-dollar bills?!

Hey, don't judge!  I posted the first picture that google found!

Nov 13 14 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

FlirtynFun Photography wrote:

As I read thru the rest of the thread, other posters took care of this... but when I got here my first thought was that here in California we have a longer list of no-no's when it comes to relationships-- no one related. No cousins, aunts, half sisters etc etc....

Ahh, Texas.

Nov 13 14 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

John Photography wrote:

50/50 based on my experiences

Nov 13 14 04:30 pm Link