D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

How's the work (glamour, fetish, erotic) for traveling models in:

Seattle, WA
Chicago, IL
Minneapolis, MI
San Francisco, CA
New York City (area), NY

Planning my travel schedule for Spring and Summer this year and wanted to know if it's worth adding these cities to the list or just stick with LA, Vegas, and Miami

Feb 04 15 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

Grady Richardson

Houston, Texas, US

I have no intelligent answer to your question - no surprise there, huh? - but I do have a question. I would think that the major cities would be well supplied with models. Wouldn't photographers in smaller cities be more receptive to traveling models? Of course, there'd be fewer photographers in smaller cities, but it seems to me that a clever itinerary where you scheduled sessions in small towns that were relatively close together might be a winner. Hotel and meal expenses would be less also.

Just a random thought - take it (or leave it) for what it's worth.

Feb 04 15 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

James S

Spokane Valley, Washington, US

I know of at least one photographer in Spokane, WA. (Across the state from Seattle) who would love to work with you.

It does seem to me that Seattle and Portland are popular destinations for travelling models. I did make the drive across the state to work with one a few years ago.

Feb 04 15 02:42 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Grady Richardson wrote:
Wouldn't photographers in smaller cities be more receptive to traveling models? Of course, there'd be fewer photographers in smaller cities, but it seems to me that a clever itinerary where you scheduled sessions in small towns that were relatively close together might be a winner.

I think it depends on the model.

In my experience, yes. I always got booked more consistently, for higher pay and saved money on travel expenses if I worked in the suburbs and the smaller towns about an hour or two outside of big cities. Inside the cities, I never really made much (though the trade opportunities were often better).

However, that is not true for all models. Different models appeal to different market areas.

Feb 04 15 02:44 pm Link

Model

IDiivil

Los Angeles, California, US

I personally adore visiting and working in San Francisco.

Feb 04 15 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Hmmmm...there's David Knight up in Washington but I'm not sure of exactly where. He and Juliet do awesome work. You can find them on FetLife and here as well.

JB Roper is near Chicago and he knows another local producer that does quality fetish/bondage so give JB a shout and see what happens.  smile

New York has BronxTies and I know a private collector I can personally vouch for named James Perrin, he's on Fet so look him up or I can send you his link.  smile

Good luck!

Feb 04 15 04:40 pm Link

Model

fluffycakes

Chicago, Illinois, US

IDiivil wrote:

+1000 to that!!

and the market here is bleh in my opinion. Great one day and zilch the next. Granted; I don't shoot OR keep up with fetish/erotic work. I'm usually hired for implieds by guys who regularly shoot nudes, artistic, or commercial work. If you come here let me know!(=

Feb 04 15 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

IDiivil wrote:

I love San Francisco!

Feb 05 15 12:18 am Link

Model

D A N I

Naughty Ties wrote:
Hmmmm...there's David Knight up in Washington but I'm not sure of exactly where. He and Juliet do awesome work. You can find them on FetLife and here as well.

JB Roper is near Chicago and he knows another local producer that does quality fetish/bondage so give JB a shout and see what happens.  smile

New York has BronxTies and I know a private collector I can personally vouch for named James Perrin, he's on Fet so look him up or I can send you his link.  smile

Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

Feb 05 15 01:50 am Link

Model

D A N I

James S wrote:
I know of at least one photographer in Spokane, WA. (Across the state from Seattle) who would love to work with you.

It does seem to me that Seattle and Portland are popular destinations for travelling models. I did make the drive across the state to work with one a few years ago.

I've never heard of that place. I won't have a car to make the trip there from Seattle, sadly

Feb 05 15 01:52 am Link

Photographer

James S

Spokane Valley, Washington, US

Danielle Reid wrote:

I've never heard of that place. I won't have a car to make the trip there from Seattle, sadly

It's only a little over 4 hours. I can make the drive. I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Actually, I've been thinking of travelling to Seattle and Portland a few times this year for photo shoots.

Feb 05 15 07:15 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Danielle Reid wrote:

Just so you know, it is also referred to as Spokaneastan.

If you could line up a few people there, it might be worthwhile to bus or train over, but otherwise nah.

For paying gigs, Seattle is better than Portland, I hear folks in Portland are pretty tight with their wallets (like Austin)

San Fran should be head and shoulders above Seattle.

Feb 05 15 09:33 am Link

Model

D A N I

I'll add San Francisco to the list. I'm still on the fence about Seattle.

Thank you all for the information so far.

Feb 05 15 10:44 am Link

Photographer

2A Models

SOUTHWORTH, Washington, US

Danielle Reid wrote:
...I'm still on the fence about Seattle...

Paid work is slow here this time of year.

Feb 05 15 10:54 am Link

Model

D A N I

2A Models wrote:

Paid work is slow here this time of year.

I was going to wait until Summer

Feb 05 15 11:30 am Link