Forums > Photography Talk > Professional pinhole photographer...

Photographer

Marcio Faustino

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

...do you know any?

I found a while ago a woman who have done some weddings and some others stuff with pinhole cameras, but I forgot her name.

Feb 15 15 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Summa

San Antonio, Texas, US

The Pinhole Resource:

http://www.pinholeresource.com/

Eric Renner is the director and a fine human being. He can help you locate photographers in your area/country.

Feb 16 15 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

Zack Zoll

Glens Falls, New York, US

Marcio Faustino wrote:
...do you know any?

I found a while ago a woman who have done some weddings and some others stuff with pinhole cameras, but I forgot her name.

Check out Renee Creager O'Bren. She's a coworker of mine, and has some work in NY MoMA's pemanent collection,among other places. She also did her doctorial thesis on pinhole, which resulted in a commercially available treatise of some 600 pages. To be honest,I haven't read it - pinhole's not my thing. But she's an excellent teacher, so I can only assume it's extremely informative. I also know she was shooting a lot of weddings around that time, so I wouldn't be surprised if she talks a little about the potential commercial uses.

Good luck!

Feb 16 15 04:42 pm Link

Artist/Painter

CardboardStudios

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Some of my portfolio is pinhole.

Don't know of any "professionals" as it were, but there are some artists making decent livings shooting pinhole. Justin Quinnell comes to mind. Check the forum at f295.org - a ton of stuff there!

Feb 16 15 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

ValHig

London, England, United Kingdom

Interesting question, I'd assume that most people making money from their pinhole photography are artists rather than commercial or wedding photographers.

Feb 17 15 06:33 am Link