Forums > Critique > Ricardo & Karen: What's going on here? [18+]

Photographer

Alec Dawson

San Diego, California, US

So I did this photo yesterday to be included in my Nobody Claps Anymore series.

High resolution version on tumblr (because its a landscape oriented photo for better viewing) [18+]
http://alecdawsonphoto.tumblr.com/post/ … ardo-karen

Same photo on MM [18+]
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/38061774

The question I post to all of you is:  What's the narrative in the photograph?  What is going on here?

Feb 27 15 06:03 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

First of all, I completely love this entire series of photos, they really make you think. This series belongs in an art gallery, or on stage as a live performance if a story line can be written to tie them together, of course each scenario could be presented as a separate vignette.

This particular shot is very interesting. My take on it is the girl is standing on the porch wearing nothing but her underpants, and her head is slightly down, indicating she is perhaps ashamed of something she has done. The man, old enough to be her father, is pointing in a direction off the porch, indicating that she is to leave. So I am left with the question, what did she do that was bad enough for him to want her to leave, and further, does she have somewhere to go since she has nothing on but her underpants?

This series would make a totally awesome stage play, provided you could create the sets and have the audience accept the nudity, which is a main and necessary feature in many of the scenes you have staged.

Feb 27 15 06:22 pm Link

Model

Blaire_

Portland, Oregon, US

I don't know about a narrative.  I'm sure that there is one.  I did want to write that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo.  Well done.  All around.

Feb 27 15 06:34 pm Link

Model

dfrgdergreg

Afono, Eastern, American Samoa

I am thinking since the lack of clothing can imply vulnerability, that the man is some sort of father figure or generally supportive man in her life and she is owning up to whatever she has done.

Feb 28 15 11:14 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

It's a model arriving late for a go-see!:-))

Feb 28 15 11:18 am Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

Beverly Hills, California, US

I see a sadistic man humiliating a captive female. A naked female run too far.

Feb 28 15 01:01 pm Link