Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > I Got A New Job *Happy Dance*

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Tooting my own horn here, I found out I got the waitress job at a biker/motorcycle rider bar in town. Lucky for me the manager knows my fiance's club members well, and I know the head chef from my previous job. Pretty much I just walked in and she said to come in next Friday for training.

This is great for a few reasons:

1. It gives me promotional modeling opportunities centered around biker events and sales
2. I have better chance of landing some of the calendar shoots (personal "win" for me...I like calendars...don't judge)
3. Flexible hours: already told the manager I travel and she said as long as I give her notice she's fine with it

I know it may not sound like much, but I'm freaking happy. I get a weekly check, a good amount of tips, and I STILL get to model outside of Arkansas

Mar 04 15 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

https://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16300000/The-Wild-One-classic-movies-16378669-800-600.jpg

I love that place!

Mar 04 15 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

D A N I wrote:
I know it may not sound like much, but I'm freaking happy.

Hey now. It sounds like you got what you want with the flexibility you need--what's with the "not sound like much" bullcrap?! Congrats! Now get back to happy dancing.

Mar 05 15 03:20 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Consistent money is always good:)

Mar 05 15 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Congratulations Danielle!   smile

Mar 05 15 05:43 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Toto Photo wrote:

Hey now. It sounds like you got what you want with the flexibility you need--what's with the "not sound like much" bullcrap?! Congrats! Now get back to happy dancing.

Most people like to put me down...so sometimes I do it to myself lol

Mar 06 15 10:30 am Link

Model

D A N I

Isis22 wrote:
Consistent money is always good:)

Ain't that the truth lol

Mar 06 15 10:31 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Los Angeles, California, US

Congrats!

Mar 06 15 11:50 am Link

Model

D A N I

Alannah The Stylist wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks

Mar 06 15 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

D A N I wrote:
Most people like to put me down...so sometimes I do it to myself lol

Sorry to hear that, but happy to hear your good news.

Mar 06 15 01:14 pm Link

Model

D A N I

And just like that, days before my first day, I lost the job

FML

Mar 10 15 11:16 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

D A N I wrote:
And just like that, days before my first day, I lost the job

FML

WHAT??? That SUX. sad

Mar 10 15 12:47 pm Link

Model

D A N I

kickfight wrote:

WHAT??? That SUX. sad

Yeah the manager said they couldn't hire me. Something about low budget. I'm crushed right now. Like seriously sick to my stomach sad

Mar 10 15 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Sorry to hear the bad news and that you're taking it so hard.If the position was that far out of their budget and they didn't even realize it before offering the job, you're probably better off knowing now, rather than in a week from now say. And from what else you've said they sound very flying-by-the-seat-of-their-pants--not the best business arrangement to get into.

Mar 10 15 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

D A N I wrote:

Yeah the manager said they couldn't hire me. Something about low budget. I'm crushed right now. Like seriously sick to my stomach sad

Sorry to hear this.   sad  sad

Mar 10 15 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

kickfight wrote:
WHAT??? That SUX. sad

D A N I wrote:

Dammit. What a complete bummer. That's just not right. I mean, if it's not in the budget, then it's not in the budget... but still... sux sux sux. sad

Mar 10 15 04:54 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Toto Photo wrote:
Sorry to hear the bad news and that you're taking it so hard.If the position was that far out of their budget and they didn't even realize it before offering the job, you're probably better off knowing now, rather than in a week from now say. And from what else you've said they sound very flying-by-the-seat-of-their-pants--not the best business arrangement to get into.

Yeah you're probably right. It went from the owner saying "get more girls in here" to "keep a limited amount of employees" in a matter of a week. I guess some biker clubs cancelled their annuals/parties. I don't know. I still like the head chef there, I worked with him at my old job.

Mar 11 15 02:42 pm Link

Model

D A N I

kickfight wrote:

Dammit. What a complete bummer. That's just not right. I mean, if it's not in the budget, then it's not in the budget... but still... sux sux sux. sad

The manager said she'll keep my application on the top. Hugs and kisses, blah blah blah.

My fiance's state pres is talking about going up there and talking to the owner since they had a few parties up there before.

Mar 11 15 02:45 pm Link

Model

Lumen Sky

Center Moriches, New York, US

Waitresses don't make shit. I don't believe that it is a budget issue. Perhaps they simply could not take on another person at this time or there was a conflict of some sort. Keep on trucking and apply elsewhere. Be flexible because you want to make money. Being upfront about your needs and wants is great, but it may turn off some employers. See what they need first. Just a suggestion. Best of luck on your search. Keep your resume on hand in your car so that you can hand it off wherever you are if you see a place you feel you would like to drop it off at. The more you hand out, and the more people (managers) you meet in person, the better the chance you will have.

Mar 11 15 03:18 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Lumen Sky wrote:
Waitresses don't make shit. I don't believe that it is a budget issue. Perhaps they simply could not take on another person at this time or there was a conflict of some sort. Keep on trucking and apply elsewhere. Be flexible because you want to make money. Being upfront about your needs and wants is great, but it may turn off some employers. See what they need first. Just a suggestion. Best of luck on your search. Keep your resume on hand in your car so that you can hand it off wherever you are if you see a place you feel you would like to drop it off at. The more you hand out, and the more people (managers) you meet in person, the better the chance you will have.

I'm not actually looking for a job, I just wanted one to fill in the gaps between traveling. Plus, I knew the head cook and my fiance's biker club and other bikers I know frequent the bar. Not to mention I was looking forward to spending my Saturdays washing bikes in a bikini (my standards are low...I know). I could go apply at Target or Best Buy but I really don't want to. I'm pretty stubborn on where I work.

I might apply at another bar around town, idk...I think I'll just keep my schedule open for these guys. It's not "biker season" yet so I can understand why it's slow. Most of the other bars around town report the same. Once it warms up and the guys start their events and rallies again I'm sure I'll get a call back.

Mar 12 15 09:05 pm Link