Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry

Model

Kriste Lane

Clearfield, Pennsylvania, US

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone has attended/ knows someone who has attended at the Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry in SW Florida. I've been wanting to go to a makeup school but I'm afraid that I'll choose the wrong school and waste a lot of time and money. I'm especially interested in special FX makeup, and I truly think that it would be best for me to learn in a classroom environment. Does anyone have any information or suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it!

Apr 07 15 08:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dana Spence

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I went there. I learned a lot, but I did wish that the fx part of the program was longer.
After I left they did add some additional fx workshops to the curriculum, so I would definitely look into it.

Apr 13 15 02:17 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Kriste Lane wrote:
I'm especially interested in special FX makeup... ...I'm afraid that I'll... waste a lot of time and money...

Kriste before you move forward here I strongly recommend you preform due diligence... i.e. a comprehensive appraisal of a business/commercial opportunities available in your market for FX...  In the past decade I can count on one hand the commercial assignments in FX that I bid on... and the two I won were rather low paying... Yes FX isn't my forte and for compelling reasons....

That said, my instructors (each and everyone) assured me that for FX the Make-up Designory Professional Make-up School in LA was (and likely still is) hands down the route to pursue...  There has been nothing on my radar to convince me otherwise...  Might use their Special Make-Up Effects 201 and Special Make-Up Effects 301 as a gauge to evaluate other offerings you are considering...

btw, in my market (Washington, DC) the highest paid gigs are in corporate video and bridal...  Male grooming is big... don't make the mistake so many emerging artist do by not showcase gender neutrality in your book... enough said....

Hope this helps...
All the best on your journey...

Apr 13 15 07:16 am Link