Forums > Model Colloquy > Have You Ever No-Showed?

Photographer

2A Models

SOUTHWORTH, Washington, US

[Original post redacted voluntarily due to thread hijack]

Apr 14 15 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Do you think that someone will admit this?

Apr 14 15 08:39 am Link

Photographer

2A Models

SOUTHWORTH, Washington, US

Apr 14 15 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Penumbra Photography

Sacramento, California, US

This thread just seems like a reason for photographers to create an even larger list of MM models to not work with.

Apr 14 15 09:17 am Link

Photographer

LeWhite

Los Angeles, California, US

Seems a good reason to me!

Apr 14 15 09:28 am Link

Photographer

The Grey Forest

Igoumenítsa, Kentriki Ellada, Greece

...because its a great way to get them blacklisted.

Local Police Dept puts up an ad: "Have You Ever Committed a Crime?"
come in and tell us about it  ' if you did it for justifiable reasons - fear no one if you speak the truth' !

"cah- clink" (sound of jail door closing)

...the nature of this thread is silly  ~ can you not see this  ?   People fabricate from vague to complex lies to keep from exposing their fake integrity ~ or simply fade into the shadows in silence because they have no excuse for being two-faced ~ if they should come flooding to this thread to 'come clean' and confess it would get them blocked and chastised, or if you merely desired to hear even more elaborate and ill-concocted stories an a vain attempt to justify themselves ~

I highly doubt anyone will come forward out of some measure of newfound guilt.

ie: So don't expect anyone to tell the entire 'truth' here in response, because if they had possessed even a shade of that character they wouldn't have been a 'No-Show' in the first place.

Apr 14 15 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Deep Visions

Oceanside, California, US

This thread makes no sense

Apr 15 15 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Laura Elizabeth Photo

Rochester, New York, US

I'll admit that I flake a lot, I have a stomach condition, gastroparesis, that causes me to randomly get sick a lot (I'm actually on disability currently for it)  so I have to bail on a lot of shoots because of it.  I always let people know ahead of time though.  I also always feel super bad about it and try to apologize profusely.  It's also pretty annoying on my end because I can't shoot as often as I like.

Ironically I just had a model pull a no show for a shoot that was supposed to happen at 4:30

Apr 15 15 01:25 pm Link

Model

Blaire_

Portland, Oregon, US

I have never no showed.  I have called off a shoot (once in ten years) a couple days before the actual shoot because the photographer was becoming increasingly demanding and incessant in his messages.  On top of that he was only paying about half my rate.  It tripped my red flag and I called off the shoot.  When I explained to him that his demeanor made me feel that I needed to protect myself and that as a nude freelance model nobody is going to protect me but me, he threw a giant fit about my 'no show' and he blocked me.

Apr 16 15 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

mccStudio

Santa Cruz, California, US

This happened just yesterday.  So I put it up on my Instagram.  Even made a cute puzzled kitty look, and in pink too.

https://igcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11123788_794732827271288_810457658_n.jpg

Apr 17 15 12:25 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

On the bright side, think of all the photographers who never even got a reply.

At least you had shoots to get flaked on, some photographers don't even get that far !!!

Apr 17 15 12:29 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Back in 2010, I scheduled a trade shoot with a guy who was traveling from New York. A couple days before, he sent me a cryptic text message about how everyone had cancelled on him and he was just fed up and giving up. To me, this sound like a cancellation. Ok whatever. I said "thanks" and deleted his number from my phone. I ended up scheduling another job for that day and didn't think about it again.

The day our shoot supposed to have happened, he texts me again to "confirm." I told him that he cancelled on me, so I booked something else. He went off about how everyone is a fucking flake and he's just so over it.

If you asked any number of the few hundred artists and photographers I've worked with in the past decade, they'd likely all say I was awesome. If you asked that dude, he'd say I was Satan's spawn. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

Apr 18 15 08:46 am Link

Artist/Painter

MainePaintah

Saco, Maine, US

Koryn wrote:
Back in 2010, I scheduled a trade shoot with a guy who was traveling from New York. A couple days before, he sent me a cryptic text message about how everyone had cancelled on him and he was just fed up and giving up. To me, this sound like a cancellation. Ok whatever. I said "thanks" and deleted his number from my phone. I ended up scheduling another job for that day and didn't think about it again.

The day our shoot supposed to have happened, he texts me again to "confirm." I told him that he cancelled on me, so I booked something else. He went off about how everyone is a fucking flake and he's just so over it.

If you asked any number of the few hundred artists and photographers I've worked with in the past decade, they'd likely all say I was awesome. If you asked that dude, he'd say I was Satan's spawn. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

"Satan's Spawn" is an awesome name for an alt model!!! You should copyright it before someone steals it!

btw, I hope to work with you someday soon! smile

Apr 18 15 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

2A Models wrote:
[Original post redacted voluntarily due to thread hijack]

No, you pulled it when you realized it was full of fail to begin with. How on Earth did you ever expect this thread to go?

Apr 18 15 10:21 am Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

What would happen if a model asked this question in the photography forum?

Apr 18 15 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

salvatori.

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Isis22 wrote:
What would happen if a model asked this question in the photography forum?

Feel free to ask, but I'm not gonna show up to answer...

tongue

Apr 18 15 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

AgX

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Koryn wrote:

Perhaps you're both awesome and Satan's spawn.

Apr 23 15 03:02 pm Link