Forums > General Industry > Model rates...I think I've topped you all !

Photographer

mccStudio

Santa Cruz, California, US

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:
That was a F#$& You Rate

Yup, but for $500, I want the GF experience.

May 13 15 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

Joel Sax

TRABUCO CANYON, California, US

Francisco Castro wrote:
I know some people in the industry (models and photographers) who will jack up their rates if certain people ask to work with them, for different reasons. I also know some MUAs who will raise their rates because they know a model has really bad skin and it takes a lot longer and lot more product and skill to give her a near flawless look.

I have done this thing myself on consulting jobs.  The worst part was that the guy accepted my rate and I had to do the job anyway!  Ick!

May 13 15 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Jean Renard Photography wrote:
I normally tend to stay away from threads like this since I am accused of not understanding the internet side of things, still the subject of rates comes up and invariably people don't know how much to charge or are ridiculed for charging too much.

The rates are based on value to each side, if you can double your investment for selling a shot, then paying a model her asking price makes sense, presumably the model contributes to the value of the shot. TV rights, POP, Nudes, billboards, International sales & all rights releases typically will multiply the hourly/daily rates, nothing new here.

A price is just a number, it can add up for some and not for others.  Having dealt with a celebrity that charged millions for a few hours I can tell you that even at double that rate it would have been worth it to the client.

Good point

and I would like to add that several actresses ( and i believe top fashion models as well ) have been offered $1 M to pose for Playboy ( some have accepted and some have not ) Jennifer Aniston was reportedly offered $4 M to pose for the magazine but turned it down

Of course being able to feature such a starlet or top fashion model in their magazine results in a corresponding increase in sales and profits ....Its all relative

And in comparison some internet model asking $500 an hour for nudes - looks like chump change

May 13 15 11:46 pm Link