Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Best way to travel with your kit

Makeup Artist

BeautybytheButler

Los Angeles, California, US

Hey guys! so I will be doing some light traveling at the end of July, and I was wondering what are the best ways to travel with your makeup kit. I know Zuca pro is a great way to go, but I don't want to fork out the money for something that I will only minimally use, since for local jobs, I already use a Monda Studio clear bag. Whether you use a suitcase, or a more cost effective way, than the zuca, please let me know your thoughts, opinions, and experience!

Jun 06 15 12:00 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

This topic does come up from time to time.

The older Sendu Search has a wealth of good information:
https://www.sendu.me.uk/modelmayhem/?te … rt_order=0

Jun 06 15 12:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BeautybytheButler

Thank you, but that link was speaking more in terms of how to pack the makeup, I am specifically aski g for help as to which type of luggage would be best to travel with my kit. Thanks though!

Jun 08 15 08:47 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

Yes, the search discussion is mostly on inner packing. It takes a little digging, but cases that have been discussed include those designed for makeup such as zuca and less expensive, non industry options like hardware store tool boxes, suitcases and equipment briefcases. Photography cases as well....

Jun 09 15 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

TawnyHortonPhotography

Anaheim, California, US

If you are out in the heat bring a cooler with you so that your makeup does not melt!

Jun 10 15 12:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BeautybytheButler

TawnyHortonPhotography wrote:
If you are out in the heat bring a cooler with you so that your makeup does not melt!

Thank you, that is a great idea! I will be traveling to Mexico, so I might just do that!

Jun 12 15 07:24 pm Link