Forums > General Industry > Scam Check

Photographer

RicJoseph

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Anyone else get an email like this?

My name is Miss Shelley Brawn, I'm a freelance modeling agent..I got your contact on Model mayhem. I was thrilled when i saw your work and I appreciate it. I work with a newly opened clothing store named Exclusive Wears.Currently we are working on promotional sales and advert for the store; There are some models that are ready for the  publishing and posing of the Stores Sales Promo Magazine to boost their sales and help them pave there way up the clothing industry meeting up with the world of fashion today.

Sincerely I will be honored if i can work with you on this project,you can come on board has a professional Photographer,Shots will be taken in different cities including your location to advertise the stores products ranging from casual wears,Dinner gowns,co operate wears female if you are interested.Please get back to me if you are interested.

Looking forward to read back from you before it's too late .

Jun 26 15 10:17 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Have you clicked on the 'Avoid Scams' button on your 'my stuff' page?

Jun 26 15 10:21 am Link

Photographer

RicJoseph

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

No. That would have been too easy wink. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do it now.

Jun 26 15 10:53 am Link

Photographer

RicJoseph

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Well, that section is not really informative with regards to this type of contact. They haven't asked for anything, nor did they provide a link to click. I replied back asking for more information. I can usually spot this crap right away, so I will see how they respond. And I will post back here for anyone else's benefit.

Jun 26 15 10:56 am Link

Photographer

RicJoseph

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Haha! No... Here's the reply, and the broken english, and the scam of send a check - deduct your portion. You would think this crap would get old with these folks.

Hello,

Thanks for your mail. I work with a newly opened clothing store in  named Exclusive Wears.Currently we are working on promotional sales and advert for the store; There are some models that are ready for the  publishing and posing of the Stores Sales Promo Magazine to boost their sales and help them pave there way up the clothing industry meeting up with the world of fashion today.
Sincerely I will be honored if i can work with you on this project,you can come on board has a professional Photographer,Shots will be taken in different cities including your location to advertise the stores products ranging from casual wears,Dinner gowns,cooperate wears female.
Three models will be assigned to you,here are some of their details to help you out in preparation and i have attach her picture also..

1 : Kimberly M Hannon
    Height :5' 6"
    Weight :117 lbs
    Hair color :Black
    Hair length :Medium
    Eye color :Blue
    Ethnicity :Caucasian
    Skin color :Tanned

2 : Theresa Byrams
    Height: 5' 6"
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Hair color: Brown
    Hair length: Shoulder Length
    Eye color: Brown
    Ethnicity: Black
    Skin color: Brown

3:  Lillian McCurley
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 120 lbs
    Hair color: Drak Brown
    Hair length: Shoulder Length
    Eye color: Brown
    Ethnicity: Black
    Skin color: Brown

The models will be taking there shots for three hours meaning you will be needed for the same amount of time as well. Let me know your charging plan for 2 hour session  just for a day shoot.The shoot will be held by July 2015 and the pictures will be used for the promotion sales and website designing..
The Store will be responsible for the provision of getting you to the studio where the shoot will be taking.In order to incorporate different flavor into the magazine the shoot will be taking in different cities,as soon as we both agree,Our Agent will make arrangement for a suitable location for the shoot and he will be coming over to meet you up so that the shooting can be done in good time. Let me know if you're okay with $500 for 2 hours of your time and service for all 3 models.
In order to be certainly sure that i have you booked for that date,funds will be sent to you immediately on confirmation of your payment information as clearly outlined below this e-mail.I need to inform you on this, my client issued your part payment $500 plus the materials charges $2000 which means you will be expecting a check of $2,500  you will deduct your part payment $500 while you send will $2000 to the company that will supply the materials for the shooting further information will be given as soon as you got the check, though my client would have issued the money directly to the company but we're having problem with the company we sign a contract with before and we're searching for another company to handle the Equipment's and other necessary materials but before a week we shall resolve that, since my client have gone to Holy Land for prayer, she decided to issue all the money with your part payment in your name so their won't be any delay for the preparation, she wants everything to be ready before she comes back, then we shall start the shooting.The whole crew will be delighted to work with you.In order for booking arrangements to be made as soon as possible,I need you to provide me with the following details:

PHOTOGRAPHER INFORMATION
Studio name (optional)
Years of experience.........
Name in full….
Residential address in full….
City..
State...
Zip/postal code...
Phone number...(cell and home)
Age....
Sex...
Studio name (optional)
Years of experience.........
E-mail Address:
Charges...$500 (2 hours)

I hereby represent and warrant that the above information is true and Kindly know that PO Box is not applicable.
I wait your quick response

Regards
Miss Shelley Brawn.
Text Me: (401) 526-2784

So everyone watch out for miss shelly brawn wink

Jun 26 15 11:05 am Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yeah, if you can, ask for an address to mail the check.

That way the cops have some leads to go on. wink

Jun 26 15 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Here is the scam:

RJmas wrote:
...funds will be sent to you immediately on confirmation of your payment information as clearly outlined below this e-mail.I need to inform you on this, my client issued your part payment $500 plus the materials charges $2000 which means you will be expecting a check of $2,500  you will deduct your part payment $500 while you send will $2000 to the company that will supply the materials for the shooting...

RJmas wrote:
So everyone watch out for miss shelly brawn wink

The names change but the scam is always the same.

Jun 26 15 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Sandra Vixen wrote:
Yeah, if you can, ask for an address to mail the check.

That way the cops have some leads to go on. wink

They will insist on Western Union or Green Dot® Prepaid Cards.

Jun 26 15 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Maxfield Photography

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

I like that she asks you for your rates, and then sends you a flat $500 anyway. I wonder what she would do if you said you charge $10/hour?

Jun 26 15 11:29 am Link