Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Don't you just love it when a model posts for TF..

Photographer

the lonely photographer

Beverly Hills, California, US

I see a lot of posts for models that obviously been around, their profiles include lists and many comments.  I don't know how many of these models actually respond to photographers that want to shoot. I'm suspecting  they post mainly to garner attention, if they have such a huge and diverse port, I would think they have a contract with agency and work with specific photographers.    I wouldn't want to rationalize their thinking and I  am dead certain a bunch of you guys will come up with reasons why they do and defend it. It's ok I get plenty of work with beautiful pageant girls they may get into modeling, I just check the posts to see if there is new faces out there..

Jul 01 15 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

we feel your pain....

well - not really

Jul 01 15 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Jul 01 15 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Ascension Imaging

Sarasota, Florida, US

Ummmm, what?

Jul 01 15 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Lars R Peterson

Seattle, Washington, US

Yes, I actually do love it when a model posts for TF.

I don't typically assume the other things, or wonder why she has comments and such.... or presume to know what her agency relations are. But, yeah... TF is great!

Jul 01 15 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

Garry k wrote:
we feel your pain....

well - not really

.  Been there. Done that.... I've responded over the years. Actually worked with designers, shot look books as well been published,  never got a response  back.  Wonder if these profiles are actually women and not some guy pretending to be one having fun messing with us?   Lol

Jul 01 15 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Maybe post in critique for some feedback on your profile.

Jul 01 15 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

OP's profile text is very interesting. Not sure where this thread is going or what it's about.

the lonely photographer wrote:
I  am dead certain a bunch of you guys will come up with reasons why they do and defend it. It's ok I get plenty of work with beautiful pageant girls they may get into modeling, I just check the posts to see if there is new faces out there..

https://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/000/151/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

on a side note I do shoot a lot of pageantry girls too. they're quite intelligent and cool people !

Jul 01 15 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:
Maybe post in critique for some feedback on your profile.

the crap in my profile is obviously a joke, some people can't tell sarcasm from reality. as for my pictures, well. I've seen worse than mine... Not really concerned anymore about it. I post my stuff on Facebook because everybody wants to see themselves..

Jul 01 15 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Lars R Peterson wrote:
Yes, I actually do love it when a model posts for TF.

I don't typically assume the other things, or wonder why she has comments and such.... or presume to know what her agency relations are. But, yeah... TF is great!

+1

Jul 01 15 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

the crap in my profile is obviously a joke, some people can't tell sarcasm from reality.

Don't confuse not understanding something with not finding something funny.

Jul 01 15 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

Solas wrote:
OP's profile text is very interesting. Not sure where this thread is going or what it's about.

https://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/000/151/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

on a side note I do shoot a lot of pageantry girls too. they're quite intelligent and cool people !

they better be,  holding that smile for 3 hours and wearing them high heels the entire time!  some girls told me they needed ice packs on their cheeks because they smiled too much.   Haha.  Some just get Botox while smiling.

Jul 01 15 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

Shot By Adam wrote:

Don't confuse not understanding something with not finding something funny.

it seems you are taking the comment personally?

Jul 01 15 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

I should have posed the question as "when a mm model posts in castings,  is it because they really want photos, or is it because they want photographers to check out her profile pics..?"
I ask that questions because some of the posts have really high quality work in them,  and don't really need updates. Of course you have your own opinions,  I doubt these girls would need TF shots, most photographers would pay to shoot them..

Jul 01 15 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

chiamac

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I should have posed the question as "when a mm model posts in castings,  is it because they really want photos, or is it because they want photographers to check out her profile pics..?"
I ask that questions because some of the posts have really high quality work in them,  and don't really need updates. Of course you have your own opinions,  I doubt these girls would need TF shots, most photographers would pay to shoot them..

I really wonder about what the point really is, and not just with models but photographers as well. It's almost as if taking pictures is cheaper than a strip club and models getting attention, or its just something fun to do - but in that case why take things so seriously?

Jul 01 15 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Blue Cube Imaging

Ashland, Oregon, US

Moderator Note!
Moved to off-topic (no rants in industry forums).

Jul 01 15 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

chiamac wrote:

I really wonder about what the point really is, and not just with models but photographers as well. It's almost as if taking pictures is cheaper than a strip club and models getting attention, or its just something fun to do - but in that case why take things so seriously?

Sorry not following you grain of thought at all. You actually think that photographers shoot as it's cheaper than a strip club.

Nothing you said makes sense ... Sorry!

Jul 01 15 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Iktan

New York, New York, US

https://i.imgur.com/w3jCZWC.gif

Jul 01 15 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

chiamac

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:
Sorry not following you grain of thought at all. You actually think that photographers shoot as it's cheaper than a strip club.

Nothing you said makes sense ... Sorry!

Ok

Jul 01 15 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

C'mon... OP you know the deal.   MM is a fun place to post and occasionally find good models or to network.    Many if not most of the models here have a real desire to model unless they are being paid.    Judge that but how often they update.   I've had models contact me to test and vanish and just a few days ago a new member wrote me, called and came through.  There is no rhyme or reason.   You seem to do pretty well with the pageant girls though.   I see some beautiful women in your profile so focus on them.

Jul 01 15 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Are you saying it's okay for a photographer to post for TF but it's not okay for a model?

If that's not your position, what is your position?

I've seen where many models say "paid assignments only". For some, it's clear why. For others, not so much but they are free to ask for whatever they like.  I will admit that I find it annoying when a model has a casting call (for instance) that says she's interested in a maternity shoot or having her wedding photographed TF and when contacted, they say "your portfolio here isn't good enough for me. If you want to do it, you'll have to pay me $500".

I understand a person wanting the best possible pictures but if I'm going to pay the model, I'm not giving them any pictures (not to speak of, anyway, they might get one or two). If it's pictures they're interested in having, I don't think I should have to pay them in cash to take my work.

Jul 01 15 05:45 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I see a lot of posts for models that obviously been around, their profiles include lists and many comments.  I don't know how many of these models actually respond to photographers that want to shoot. I'm suspecting  they post mainly to garner attention, if they have such a huge and diverse port, I would think they have a contract with agency and work with specific photographers.    I wouldn't want to rationalize their thinking and I  am dead certain a bunch of you guys will come up with reasons why they do and defend it. It's ok I get plenty of work with beautiful pageant girls they may get into modeling, I just check the posts to see if there is new faces out there..

I'm not sure what you are saying except that models aren't responding to you for shoots.

Likewise in reverse. Its hard to find shoots. I've been struggling to find any, (and I'm tf exclusive,) and have done just a handful in the last year.

Jen

Jul 01 15 05:48 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I never would've thought to post in castings to raise my profile or port picture views but, then again, that isn't why I model either.

Jen
edit: then again, maybe I'm not the kind of model whose tf casting you would bother to look at in the first place, so...get it now? if they are not interested in you, (or you me,) then it just is
edit again: so by your logic...Are you just looking for photos views boosts? Umm, okay, I will abstain from looking.

Jul 01 15 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Pictures of Life

Spokane, Washington, US

So you're saying that you don't understand other people's motives, most of whom you've never even talked with, and you are lumping a diverse group into a one explanation fits all.  That seems pretty darn normal, that you don't understand.  And you're saying that because you don't understand their motives, that something must be wrong.  Well, there's your problem.

Jul 01 15 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

My guess would be that their reasons are as many and varied as the models themselves are.  TF is often done not because of needbut rather because of desire--a wish to shoot in a different style or genre, to experiment, to risk something their agencies wouldn't send them out for.  I'm far from being the best photographer here, but I've shot TF with a few "paid only" models and a couple of times with agency represented models.  Certainly none of them has needed to shoot with me; they did so because they wanted to do so, for whatever reason.  More than one model has chosen to shoot with me because I would agree to not publish certain of the resulting pictures for fear of damaging the persona the model was trying to create.  I've had more than one tell me it was because something I've said in the forums sparked their interest, so I would suspect that the opposite effect might be possible as well.

Seems to me that it really doesn't matter why any particular model chooses to shoot TF.  What matters is whether or not she will with that particular photographer.

All IMHO as always, of course.

Jul 01 15 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

It's amazing most to none of the respondents really understood the context of the original comment. It's pointless to continue the discussion

Jul 01 15 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

It's amazing most to none of the respondents really understood the context of the original comment. It's pointless to continue the discussion

It seems to me like if no one understands, the problem is probably mine. Just saying ....

Jul 02 15 01:31 am Link

Photographer

ValHig

London, England, United Kingdom

A lot of models continually test to show changes in their appearance, skills, or just because they like their jobs and want to work with people whose work they like. Paid work often doesn't produce new images they can use since people on these sites seem really reluctant to give images to models they paid.

As for your own struggles to get models to shoot with you - one instance is likely on them, if it's a repeated pattern then it's probably something you're doing. I'm always surprised at the sheer number of people who will complain on forums that models don't respond to them and presume it's on the rest of the world rather their own actions.

Jul 02 15 04:26 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I wouldn't want to rationalize their thinking and I  am dead certain a bunch of you guys will come up with reasons why they do and defend it. It's ok I get plenty of work with beautiful pageant girls they may get into modeling,

Sounds like  sad case of lonely butthurtedness, caused by rejectionitis...

Feel better soon, buddy!

Jul 02 15 01:37 pm Link