Forums > Newbie Forum > Hey Heyy! New to MM and have some questions, Help!

Model

Choc Rose

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hey guys! So I was recently offered a job at 100/hr for a mixed shoot. Nudes included, I love the project idea but I am less experienced and wanted to ask anyone if that rate is normal. Too low or too high? Also, for art models, what do you guys typically state for your conditions on Travel?  I'm Open to your words and any advice! Lol

Thanks!

Btw take a second to check out my MM profile!  Peace

Jul 19 15 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Could be a scam.  Do NOT proceed until you are 100% sure it is legit.

Jul 19 15 09:14 am Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

The rate sounds competitive for the area, from what I hear, particularly if there are nudes involved.  But ultimately the right rate is the rate that the photographer and the model involved consider to be right.  More to the point, however, is do you know the photographer?  Have you done your due diligence?  Checked references?  How did you get the offer--From your portfolio?  Craig's List?  A casting call you responded to?  Was the photographer referred to you by someone you've worked with before?  Did you or he initiate the contact or did he?

These questions are among the ones you should be asking whenever you are offered a shoot.  The answers to them will generally give you all the guidance you need.

All IMHO as always, of course.

Jul 19 15 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello & Welcome to MM. smile

If it does not feel right, maybe you should let it go. Better to be safe.

Either way, good luck to you.

Jul 19 15 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

Jul 22 15 11:03 am Link