Forums > Newbie Forum > New with Some Questions

Model

MusicalModel49

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Hello Everyone! My name is Nicole, and I have been a MM member for about two years now. I began modeling back when I lived in NJ, and after a break and a move for school, I've now picked up again here in Boston. I've done a handful of shoots, most TFP, but I would love to start getting some paid work, even if it's a low rate and not overly frequent.

My questions are:
1. I'm short, about 5'4, so I'm worried I'll never get paid work because of this. Is this a legitimate fear to have?

2. Should I be aiming to find an agent, and if so, can anyone recommend someone in the Boston area?

Thanks for any advice!

Nicole

Jul 29 15 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

waynes world pics

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

MusicalModel49 wrote:
Hello Everyone! My name is Nicole, and I have been a MM member for about two years now. I began modeling back when I lived in NJ, and after a break and a move for school, I've now picked up again here in Boston. I've done a handful of shoots, most TFP, but I would love to start getting some paid work, even if it's a low rate and not overly frequent.

My questions are:
1. I'm short, about 5'4, so I'm worried I'll never get paid work because of this. Is this a legitimate fear to have?

2. Should I be aiming to find an agent, and if so, can anyone recommend someone in the Boston area?

Thanks for any advice!

Nicole

there are other more note worthy concerns to consider,however for anyone here to help you address those,you would need to post in"Critique" where other members can suggest what could be improved in your book...which could help you land some paid gigs.

Jul 29 15 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

As Wayne said (above) you need to post in Critique for any comments directly relative to your portfolio, but I can say generally that your size does work against you.  You can completely write off fashion, for example.  You simply won't fit the clothes.  You might find some commercial work and could perhaps do very well in promotional work.  Fine art and pinup are two other genres where size is pretty unimportant, but the fact that you don't shoot nudes will count very strongly against you there.  Nudity is not really essential in either genre but it is very common. 

If you plan to make your primary career music, especially classical music, you may want to keep your modeling aspirations completely  dissociated from your musical career.  While musicians tend to be pretty liberal folks, the people that fund orchestras generally are not and that can impact on hiring decisions.

All that said, though, modeling can be, and should be, much more than a way to make extra money.  It can help in building self-confidence and poise, both physical and personal, and done right, can be a heck of a lot of fun. 

Enjoy!

All IMHO as always, of course.

Jul 29 15 05:22 pm Link

Model

MusicalModel49

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Thanks for the advice on which forum to post in, my mistake! Thanks.

Jul 29 15 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

Welcome to the Mayhem hienvy

Most if not all of your questions are answered in the links here.

New Model Info

Jul 29 15 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

robert b mitchell

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

Welcome to the site. big_smile

Jul 30 15 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Louis Production

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

welcome to the Mayhem!

Jul 30 15 08:40 pm Link