Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Buffalo, New York, US

Aug 06 15 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mad Hatter Imagery wrote:
I have a new batch of photos from the last 5 years or so and wanted to update my watermark. I can apply it myself. I was just wondering what watermarks look most professional or more casual and what software works well with small text objects like a watermark? I don't have expensive image editing software. I was kind of hoping a website existed but I've mostly come across sites that batch apply water marks that already exist. Something that works in vectors might be a plus.

I don't know how you define "expensive image editing software" but if I have to apply a lot of watermarks to photos and want them consistent, it's Lightroom. If I just need it for a few, it's Photoshop. Now, if you don't have PS, then any image editor will do. Your best bet is to design the watermark as a vector image and save it, then just copy/paste it as a layer over the photo, resize it, and you're done. Another option would be to save it out as a large .png file so it's transparent, and do the same thing.

Aug 07 15 06:41 am Link

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Let's start with using the correct terms first. A watermark is either barely visible, or invisible to the naked eye. I'm guessing you (the OP) actually means brandmark, which is the graphical part of the logo (or commonly known as "logo"), that you like to see on all your images?

GIMP might be worth it to take a look at, I don't use it myself, but it's dubbed as the open source Photoshop so it might have batch and action functionalities as well.

Aug 07 15 06:48 am Link

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Buffalo, New York, US

Ok fine brand mark than. It's opacity was not my highest concern. I need a good sharp way of designing it. I was thinking inkscape might be an option. I find older image software will show you the text, but as soon as you turn it from text to pixels it desolates a lot making it hard to read. Maybe a resolution issue. Any suggestions for the actual design or do brand marks look nearly the same?

Aug 07 15 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Inkscape is a good option yes, it's os/free and has vector capabilities. In terms of the design of your brand mark, well, that's entirely up to your creativity wink

Aug 08 15 01:41 am Link

Photographer

Matt Knowles

Ferndale, California, US

RINALDI wrote:
Let's start with using the correct terms first.

No he meant watermark. We all knew what he meant, so give it up. Sometimes the meaning of words expand and change.

For example, I doubt you really use a camera to take your pictures, unless you're going by the more modern meaning.

Do you actually use a live rodent to move folders across your desktop?

I just knew there'd be one of you in this thread.

Aug 12 15 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

GSmithPhoto

Alameda, California, US

I'd like to suggest getting the watermark created for you.
I hired a graphic designer from elance.com and she took my vision, and made it my business identity.
Vector graphic, as well as sized appropriately for business card, letterhead envelopes, etc.

Just a thought.

Aug 16 15 02:53 am Link