Forums > Newbie Forum > Participate to Pic of the day contest

Photographer

Riccardo Fissore

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom

Hi, I'm having trouble to participate to POTD, I already participated one time, this time 'm getting an error about size, but my image respects the size requirements in fact I've been able to upload it in my portfolio, I tried to submit via link first, then I tried to reupload, to be sure I also tried reducing the image to 1000 px wide (the one i uploaded in portfolio was 2000 px wide) but I got the same error.

I read that there's a limit of 200 submissions, I counted the pics in the contest right now and they are 106...

Aug 11 15 08:03 am Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

maybe 1000 n 2000 are too large.

if the pic is 800x4something it should take it. unless the system is getting screwie as it does now n again.

hey speaking of contests, you know there are contests in the forums? go to forums n scroll down to "contests " there n see what you may like to enter?

read the rules on the first page of each contest. its fun n easy.

Aug 11 15 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Francisco Castro

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Riccardo Fissore wrote:
Hi, I'm having trouble to participate to POTD, I already participated one time, this time 'm getting an error about size, but my image respects the size requirements in fact I've been able to upload it in my portfolio, I tried to submit via link first, then I tried to reupload, to be sure I also tried reducing the image to 1000 px wide (the one i uploaded in portfolio was 2000 px wide) but I got the same error.

I read that there's a limit of 200 submissions, I counted the pics in the contest right now and they are 106...

2 things that might help; I submit my photos 600x900 pixels, and in RGB color mode. Never got rejected.

Aug 11 15 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Riccardo Fissore wrote:
I also tried reducing the image to 1000 px wide (the one i uploaded in portfolio was 2000 px wide) but I got the same error.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/help/rules/images
Image Size Guidelines
- Photos must be greater than 200px in width and 300px in height, and 7kb in file size.
- Photos must not contain more than 16 million total square pixels (e.g., 4000px x 4000px), or exceed 1500kb in file size. Photos wider than 800px will automatically be resized.

Aug 11 15 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

that works for your port uploads but contest uploader may not adjust the size.

try using 800 on the long side of your pic?

Aug 12 15 08:32 am Link